Tracklist Hide Credits
Drums – David Logemann*
Drums [First Half] – David Logemann*
|A3||For The Young Sophisticate||3:13|
|B1||Love Of My Life||2:15|
|B2||I Ain't Got No Heart||2:00|
|B4||Tell Me You Love Me||2:06|
|B5||Now You See It - Now You Don't||5:03|
Bass Guitar – Patrick O'Hearn
|C2||The Blue Light||5:26|
|C3||Tinsel Town Rebellion||4:36|
|C4||Pick Me, I'm Clean||5:37|
|D1||Bamboozled By Love||5:46|
|D2||Brown Shoes Don't Make It||7:14|
- Made By – Shorewood Packaging
- Artwork [Cover Art Photo-montage] – Cal Schenkel
- Artwork [Graphics] – John Williams (30)
- Bass, Vocals – Arthur Barrow
- Drums – Vinnie Colaiuta
- Engineer – Alan Sides*, George Douglas (2), Joe Chiccarelli, Mark Pinske, Tommy Fly
- Engineer, Remix – Bob Stone
- Featuring [Eccentric Well-to-do Oregonian Party Giver] – Greg Cowan (2)
- Keyboards – Peter Wolf (3)
- Keyboards, Trumpet, Soprano Vocals [High] – Bob Harris
- Keyboards, Vocals – Tommy Mars
- Lead Guitar, Vocals – Frank Zappa
- Mastered By [Disc Mastering] – Jo Hansch
- Percussion – Ed Mann
- Producer, Composed By, Arranged By, Conductor – Frank Zappa
- Rhythm Guitar, Vocals – Ike Willis, Ray White, Steve Vai, Warren Cucurullo*
- Slide Guitar, Vocals – Denney Walley*
- Technician [Remote Facilities] – Thomas Nordegg
(Apart from front cover artwork, this album's spine, labels & title track is "Tinsel Town Rebellion").
Sleeve: Interpak II by Shorewood Packaging Co. Ltd., England.
Remote truck: Rolling Stones Mobile, London & UMRK Central.
A1: Studio cut, for airplay
A2: Recorded live at Tower Theater, Philadelphia, with keyboard/classical section overdubs. Guitar solo & out-chorus recorded live at Santa Monica Civic Auditorium.
A3: Recorded live at Odeon Hammersmith, London.
B1, B2, B3 & B4: Recorded live at Berkeley Community Theater.
B5: Recorded live, college 'Homecoming Night', Carbondale, Illinois.
C1: Recorded live at the N.Y.C. Palladium.
C2: Recorded live at Berkeley Community Theater (With edits from Santa Monica concert).
C3 & C4: Recorded live at Berkeley Community Theater (C4 bridge, guitar solo & out-chorus from live recording, Dallas Convention Center).
D1, D2 & D3: Recorded live at Odeon Hammersmith, London. (D3 is the 3rd version, after the track on 'Hot Rats' & 'Fillmore East - June 1971').
On the sleeve notes to this release Zappa provides the contact address for the artistic young lady who is constructing a quilt from used underwear. The track "Panty Rap" relates to this, with Chicago audiences in strong contention for the highest response. A 'conceptual continuity' can be found on "YCDTOSA Vol 6" with "The Madison Panty-Sniffing Festival".
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (A-side run-out, hand-etched): CBS. S. 88516-A1
- Matrix / Runout (B-side run-out, hand-etched): CBS. S. 88516 B2
- Matrix / Runout (C-side run-out, hand-etched): CBS. S. 88516 C2
- Matrix / Runout (D-side run-out, hand-etched): CBS. S. 88516 D1
- Other (A, B, C & D-side run-outs, stamped): Kdisc ƒ
- Other (Label Code): LC 0149
- Other (Rights Societies): MCPS / BIEM
- Matrix / Runout (Label Matrix): (S CBS 88516)
Other Versions (5 of 51) View All
|PW2 37336||Frank Zappa||Tinsel Town Rebellion (2xLP, Album)||Barking Pumpkin Records||PW2 37336||US||1981||Sell This Version|
|2608085||Frank Zappa||Tinseltown Rebellion (2xCass, Album, RM)||EMI||2608085||Portugal||1986||Sell This Version|
|VACK-1241||Frank Zappa||Tinsel Town Rebellion (CD, Album, RE, RM, Gat)||Rykodisc||VACK-1241||Japan||2002||Sell This Version|
|CDP 7 90077 2, CD EN 5002||Frank Zappa||Tinseltown Rebellion (CD, Album, RE)||EMI, EMI||CDP 7 90077 2, CD EN 5002||UK||1988||Sell This Version|
|RCD 40166||Frank Zappa||Tinsel Town Rebellion (CD, Album, RE, RM)||Rykodisc||RCD 40166||Japan||Unknown||Sell This Version|