- Bass – Larry Ridley (tracks: C1 to D3), Reggie Workman (tracks: A1 to B3)
- Design [Album] – Bob Cato
- Drums – Philly Joe Jones*
- Engineer – Rudy Van Gelder
- Liner Notes – Peter Keepnews
- Photography By [Inside Liner] – Chuck Stewart
- Piano – Cedar Walton
- Producer [Original Sessions] – Alfred Lion
- Producer [Produced For Re-release By] – Michael Cuscuna
- Supervised By [Project Director Blue Note Jazz Re-Issue Series] – Charlie Lourie
- Tenor Saxophone – Jimmy Heath (tracks: C1 to D3), Wayne Shorter (tracks: A1 to B3)
- Trombone – Julian Priester (tracks: C1 to D3)
- Trumpet – Freddie Hubbard
Sides one and two recorded on December 27, 1962 at Van Gelder Studio, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey.
This album was scheduled for release as BST 84135 in 1963 but was never issued. It is issued here as part of the Blue Note Re-Issue Series with a new cover.
Sides three and four were recorded on April 9, 1961 at Van Gelder Studio, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey.
Previously released on the Blue Note album Freddie Hubbard - Hub Cap.