Tracklist Hide Credits
- Alto Saxophone – Gary Bartz
- Bass – Reggie Workman
- Design [Album Design] – John Murello
- Drums – Freddie Waits
- Engineer [Recording Engineer] – George Sawtelle
- Liner Notes – Maxine Bartz
- Mastered By [Stereo + Mastering] – Ray Hagerty
- Photography By [Back Cover And Inside] – Charles Stewart*
- Piano – Stanley Cowell (tracks: A, B1, B2, B4)
- Producer – Orrin Keepnews
- Tenor Saxophone – Pharoah Sanders (tracks: A)
- Trumpet – Charles Tolliver (tracks: A)
- Written-By – Gary Bartz (tracks: A, B1, B2, B4)
First Milestone Blue labels.
Recorded New York City, June 19th (side A) and 25th (side B), 1968.
Side One: Another Earth (is described as) "A sextet in three uninterrupted movements, composed by Gary Bartz."
Beginnings: conditions being right, life is formed.
Endings: undetermined factors can eliminate it in a flicker of a star.
Beginnings: there will always be life somewhere.
"This music is dedicated to life whenever, wherever and however it may occur." (Gary Bartz)
Front cover photograph from the Mount Wilson and Palomar Observatories.
A product of Milestone Records Inc. 119 West 57th Street, New York, N.Y. 10019
Gary Bartz Publ. Co. - BMI (A, B1, B2, B4)
Chappell and Co. - ASCAP (B3)
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Runout, side A etched): MSP 9018A (MILESTONE) ☆
- Matrix / Runout (Runout, side B etched): MSP-9018B-1 ☆
- Rights Society: BMI
- Rights Society: ASCAP
Other Versions (4 of 4) View All
|MSP 9018||Gary Bartz||Another Earth (LP, Album, RE, Gat)||Milestone Records||MSP 9018||US||Unknown||Sell This Version|
|MSP 9018||Gary Bartz||Another Earth (LP, Album)||Milestone Records||MSP 9018||US||1969||Sell This Version|
|SMJX-10067||Gary Bartz||Another Earth (LP, Album, Gat)||Milestone Records||SMJX-10067||Japan||1969||Sell This Version|
|UCCO-90204||Gary Bartz||Another Earth (CD, Album, Ltd, RE, RM)||Milestone Records||UCCO-90204||Japan||2013||Sell This Version|