- Recorded At – Coolidge Auditorium, Library of Congress, Washington, D.C.
- Manufactured By – Transatlantic Records Ltd.
- Distributed By – Transatlantic Records Ltd.
- Printed By – MacNeill Press Ltd.
- Art Direction [Art Director] – Robert L. Heimall
- Artwork [Cover Art] – Bob Pepper
- Composed By, Liner Notes – George Crumb
- Conductor – Arthur Weisberg
- Coordinator – Teresa Sterne
- Design [Cover] – Robert W. Zingmark
- Electric Piano, Toy Piano – Gilbert Kalish
- Engineer – Joanna Nickrenz, Marc J. Aubort
- Ensemble – The Contemporary Chamber Ensemble*
- Harp – Susan Jolles
- Mandolin – Stephen Bell
- Mastered By – Robert C. Ludwig*
- Mezzo-soprano Vocals – Jan DeGaetani
- Oboe, Harmonica – George Haas
- Percussion – Howard Van Hyning, Raymond DesRoches*, Richard Fitz
- Saw – Jacob Glick
- Soprano Vocals [Boy Soprano] – Michael Dash
- Text By [Poems] – Federico García Lorca
- Translated By [Text I] – W. S. Merwin
- Translated By [Text II] – J. L. Gili*, Stephen Spender
- Translated By [Text IV] – Edwin Gonig
- Translated By [Texts III & V] – J. L. Gili*
Commissioned by the Elizabeth Sprague Coolidge Foundation in the Library of Congress; first performed at the 14th Festival of Chamber Music in the Coolidge Auditorium, Library of Congress, Washington, D.C., October 31, 1970
Recorded January 1971 in New York, with the assistance of the Ford Foundation Recording-Publication-Program
A Dolby-system recording
Publ. Henmar Press Inc. (C. F. Peters Corporation)
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Side A): H-71255-A
- Matrix / Runout (Side B): H-71255-B
- Rights Society: M.C.P.S.
Other Versions (3 of 3) View All
|H-71255||George Crumb||Ancient Voices Of Children (LP)||Nonesuch||H-71255||US||1971||Sell This Version|
|NON 32 804||George Crumb||Ancient Voices Of Children (LP, Album, RE)||Nonesuch||NON 32 804||Germany||1974||Sell This Version|
|H-71255||George Crumb||Ancient Voices Of Children (LP, RE)||Nonesuch||H-71255||US||Unknown||Sell This Version|