George Crumb – Ann Crumb, Orchestra 2001, James Freeman (7) – Complete Crumb Edition • Volume Ten: The River Of Life / Unto The Hills
|The River Of Life (2003): Songs Of Joy And Sorrow / A Cycle Of Hymns, Spirituals And Revival Tunes (American Songbook I)||(43:02)|
|1-1||Shall We Gather At The River||7:53|
|1-2||Will There Be Any Stars In My Crown?||4:46|
|1-4||Give Me That Old Time Religion||3:49|
|1-5||Time Is A Drifting River: A Psalm For Daybreak And Morning||2:58|
|1-6||Were You There When They Crucified My Lord||5:01|
|1-7||One More River To Cross||3:09|
|1-8||Nearer, My God To Thee||4:36|
|Unto The Hills (2002): Songs Of Sadness, Yearning And Innocence / A Cycle Of Appalachian Songs (American Songbook III)||(40:20)|
|2-1||Poor Wayfaring Stranger||6:33|
|2-2||All The Pretty Little Horses||2:22|
|2-3||Ten Thousand Miles||6:04|
|2-4||Ev'ry Night When The Sun Goes In||4:06|
|2-5||Appalachian Epiphany: A Psalm For Sunset And Dusk||3:40|
|2-6A||A) Down In The Valley B) Hush, Little Baby||2:40|
|2-7||Black, Black, Black Is The Color||4:07|
|2-9||Poor Wayfaring Stranger||7:48|
- Composed By – George Crumb
- Conductor – James Freeman
- Design [Graphic] – Douglas H. Holly
- Edited By – Silas Brown
- Engineer [Assistant] – Andrew Ryder
- Engineer, Mastered By – Adam Abeshouse
- Executive Producer – Becky Starobin
- Liner Notes – Eric Bruskin, Steven Bruns
- Orchestra – Orchestra 2001
- Photography By [Of Ann Crumb] – Chris Barham
- Photography By [Of James Freeman] – Ken Hiebert
- Producer – David Starobin
- Soprano Vocals – Ann Crumb
℗ and © 2007 Bridge Records, Inc.
Manufactured in Canada
"Unto the Hills" was recorded on June 26 and 27, 2003, and November 25, 2005; "The River of Life" was recorded on November 25-27, 2005 at Lang Concert Hall, Swarthmore College, Swarthmore, Pennsylvania.
This recording is a sponsored project of the New York Foundation for the Arts, and was made possible through the generosity of the Classical Recording Foundation, the Aaron Copland Fund for Music, The Ann and Gordon Getty Foundation, and the Argosy Foundation.
Cover photograph of George and Ann Crumb courtesy of Robert Aitken.
Crumb family photographs courtesy George and Elizabeth Crumb.
The music of George Crumb is published by C.F. Peters Corp. (BMI).
2 CDs packaged in a jewel case with an inner hinged hold plate, one disc per side, and includes a 32 page booklet with notes in English, track listing, credits, and song texts.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 090404921827
- SPARS Code: DDD
- Matrix / Runout (Disc A): 0GUQ6<1200>BRIDGE9218A
- Matrix / Runout (Disc B): 317M3<1200>BRIDGE9218B
- Mould SID Code (Disc A, Disc B): IFPI8127
- Mastering SID Code (Disc A): IFPI L485
- Mastering SID Code (Disc B): IFPI L481
- Other (Stamped on hubs of Disc A and B): MADE IN CANADA BY AMERIC DISC