Tracklist Hide Credits
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Matador Records (2)
- Copyright (c) – Matador Records (2)
- Copyright (c) – TVT Records
- Published By – Needmore Songs
- Published By – Songs Of Universal, Inc.
- Published By – I'm A Cowboy Songs
- Published By – Flippant Music
- Recorded At – The Paradise, Boston
- Recorded At – Bogart's
- Recorded At – Fox Theatre, Denver
- Recorded At – Cat's Cradle
- Recorded At – Bernie's Bagel Shop
- Recorded At – Bimbo's 365 Club
- Recorded At – Phantasy Nite Club
- Recorded At – The Metro, Chicago, IL
- Recorded At – First Avenue
- Recorded At – 40 Watt Club
- Recorded At – Melkweg, Amsterdam
- Recorded At – Crocodile Club
- Recorded At – Group Effort Studios
- Pressed By – WEA Mfg. Olyphant – X19964
- Pressed By – WEA Mfg. Olyphant – Z20208
- Pressed By – WEA Mfg. Olyphant – Y21999
- Pressed By – WEA Mfg. Olyphant – Y20105
- Pressed By – WEA Mfg. Olyphant – Y21992
- Glass Mastered At – WAMO
- Bass – Mitch Mitchell (2) (tracks: CD5-1 to CD5-7)
- Compiled By – David Newgarden, Jesper Eklow, Mark Ohe, Rich Turiel, Robert Pollard
- Design, Illustration [Collage] – Bob Ohe, Mark Ohe
- Drums – Peyton Eric (tracks: CD5-1 to CD5-7)
- Engineer – Wayne Hartman (tracks: CD5-1 to CD5-7)
- Guitar – Paul Comstock (tracks: CD5-1 to CD5-7)
- Guitar, Vocals – Robert Pollard (tracks: CD5-1 to CD5-7)
- Liner Notes – Byron Coley, Chris Knox, John Chandler, Matt Sweeney, Rich Turiel, Richard Meltzer, Robert Pollard, Tom Lax
- Mastered By – Chuck Madden (tracks: CD5-1 to CD5-7)
- Photography By – A.L. Morales*, B. Tarver*, B. Greenwald*, C.T. Crothers*, Christian Lantry, D. Coston*, D. Newgarden*, D. Gillard*, J. Pollard*, K. Pollard*, M. Hojjat*, M. Lavine*, M. Baehr*, M. Hertzon*, P. Jamison*, R. Turiel*, S. Marshall*, S. Apicella-Hitchcock*, T. Sprout*, T. Robinson*
- Piano – Paul* (tracks: CD5-1 to CD5-7)
- Producer – Guided By Voices (tracks: CD5-1 to CD5-7), Wayne Hartman (tracks: CD5-1 to CD5-7)
- Remix – GBV* (tracks: CD5-1 to CD5-7), Wayne* (tracks: CD5-1 to CD5-7)
- Written-By – Smith* (tracks: CD3-2), D. Gillard* (tracks: CD1-20, CD2-5), J. Pollard* (tracks: CD2-9, CD2-16, CD2-29, CD4-31), M. Mitchell* (tracks: CD2-15, CD2-16, CD3-2, CD4-18), R. Pollard* (tracks: CD1-1 to CD1-18, CD1-21 to CD2-7, CD2-9 to CD5-7), T. Sprout* (tracks: CD1-4, CD1-8, CD1-11, CD1-14, CD1-19, CD2-1, CD2-8, CD2-14, CD2-16, CD2-31, CD4-3, CD4-4, CD4-7, CD4-17, CD4-29, CD4-31), Conley* (tracks: CD3-2), Mapier* (tracks: CD3-2)
Track CD1-1 from the Schwa album 'Devil Between My Toes', released 1987.
Track CD1-2 from the Rocket #9 album 'Same Place The Fly Got Smashed', released 1990.
Tracks CD1-3 & CD1-4 from the Rockathon album 'Propeller', released 1992.
Tracks CD1-5 from the Scat EP 'The Grand Hour', released 1993.
Track CD1-6 from the Scat album 'Vampire On Titus', released 1993.
Tracks CD1-7 to CD1-9 from the Scat album 'Bee Thousand', released 1994.
Track CD1-10 from the Scat EP 'I Am A Scientist', released 1994.
Tracks CD1-11 to CD1-16 from the Matador album 'Alien Lanes', released 1995.
Tracks CD1-17 to CD1-19 from the Matador album 'Under The Bushes Under The Stars', released 1996.
Tracks CD1-20 to CD1-22 from the Matador album 'Mag Earwhig!', released 1997.
Track CD1-23 from the Jass EP 'Wish In One Hand ...', released 1997.
Tracks CD1-24 & CD1-25 from the TVT album 'Do The Collapse', released 1999.
Tracks CD1-26 to CD1-28 from the TVT album 'Isolation Drills', released 2001.
Tracks CD1-29 & CD1-30 from the Matador album 'Universal Truths And Cycles', released 2002.
Tracks CD1-31 & CD1-32 from the Matador album 'Earthquake Glue', released 2003.
Tracks CD2-1 & CD2-2 from 'Motor Away' 7" OLE-148-7, released June 1995.
Tracks CD2-3 to CD2-8 from 'Tigerbomb' 7" EP OLE-168-7, released November 1995.
Tracks CD2-9 to CD2-11 from 'The Official Ironmen Rally Song' 7"/CD OLE-184-7/2, released February 1996.
Tracks CD2-12 to CD2-14 from the Matador Europe bonus CD of 'Under The Bushes Under The Stars' OLE-161-2, released March 1996.
Track CD2-15 from OST 'The Kids In The Hall In Brain Candy' LP/CD/CS OLE-183-1/2/4, released April 1996.
Tracks CD2-16 & CD2-17 from 'Cut-Out Witch' 7" OLE-218-7 Matador Europe, released June 1996.
Tracks CD2-18 to CD2-23 from 'Plantations Of Pale Pink' 7" EP OLE-208-7, released November 1996.
Tracks CD2-24 & CD2-25 bonus tracks from the Japanese CD of 'Under The Bushes Under The Stars', Bandai, released March 1997.
Tracks CD2-26 to CD2-28 from 'Bulldog Skin' 7"/CD OLE-217-7/2 Matador Europe, released May 1997.
Tracks CD2-29 to CD2-31 from 'I Am A Tree' 7"/CD OLE-264-7/2 Matador Europe, released July 1997.
Track 2.32 from V/A 'What's Up Matador' DBL LP/CD/CS OLE-163-1/2/4, released August 1997.
Tracks CD2-33 & CD2-34 bonus tracks from the Japanese CD of 'Mag Earwhig!', Bandai, released May 1998.
Track CD2-35 from V/A 'Everything Is Nice' DBL LP/3XCD OLE-400-1/2, released September 1999.
Tracks CD3-1 & CD3-4 recorded on boombox 1984.
Track CD3-2 recorded at Steve Wilbur's 8-track garage 1990.
Track CD3-3 recorded at Steve Wilbur's 8-track garage 1989.
Tracks CD3-5 & CD3-6 recorded at Steve Wilbur's 8-track garage 1987.
Tracks CD3-7 to CD3-11 recorded at Steve Wilbur's 8-track garage 1989. Outtakes from 'Self-Inflicted Aerial Nostalgia'.
Tracks CD3-12 to CD3-14 recording date unknown.
Tracks CD3-15 to CD3-18 recording date unknown. Demo for 'Do The Collapse'.
Tracks CD3-19 to CD3-22 recording date unknown. Demo for 'Mag Earwhig!'.
Track CD3-23 recorded on boombox 1998.
Tracks CD4-1, CD4-7 & CD4-24 recorded live at The Paradise, Boston, MA, June 20, 1995.
Tracks CD4-2, CD4-4 & CD4-9 recorded live at Bogart's, Cincinatti, OH, July 25, 1995.
Tracks CD4-3, CD4-18, CD4-27 & CD4-32 live, location & date unknown.
Tracks CD4-5 & CD4-29 recorded live at Fox Theatre, Denver, CO, April 10, 1995.
Tracks CD4-6, CD4-8, CD4-11 & CD4-19 recorded live at Cat's Cradle, Carrboro, NC, April 16, 2002.
Tracks CD4-10 & CD4-26 recorded live at Bernie's Bagel Shop, Columbus, OH, March 28, 1998.
Tracks CD4-12 & CD4-23 recorded live at Bimbo's, San Francisco, CA, February 27, 1999.
Track CD4-13 recorded live at Phantasy Club, Cleveland, OH, April 26, 1997.
Tracks CD4-14, CD4-15, CD4-21 & CD4-22 recorded live at The Metro, Chicago, IL, February 24, 1996.
Tracks CD4-16 & CD4-20 recorded live at The Metro, Chicago, IL, July 11, 1998.
Track CD4-17 recorded live at First Avenue, Minneapolis, MN, February 22, 1996.
Track CD4-25 recorded live at 40 Watt Club, Athens, GA, January 22, 2000.
Tracks CD4-28 & CD4-30 recorded live at Melkweg, Amsterdam, Holland, July 10, 1997.
Track CD4-31 recorded live at Crocodile Club, Seattle, WA, April 17, 1995.
Tracks CD5-1 to CD5-7 recorded at Group Effort Studios, Crescent Springs, Kentucky, 4/86 & 5/86.
Track DVD-2 contains parts of the songs Hot Freaks, Superwhore, Goldheart Mountaintop, Queen Directory, Shocker In Gloomtown, Postal Blowfish, Weed King, Exit Flagger and I Am A Scientist.
Track DVD-4-1 has multi-angle features.
The booklet mentions a video for "My Kind Of Soldier," but it is not actually included on the DVD.
©℗ 2003 Matador Records
Tracks CD1-1 through CD1-10 appear courtesy of Scat Records.
Tracks CD1-24 through CD1-28 appear courtesy of TVT Records.
1-24 & 1-25 © 1999 TVT Records.
1-26, 1-27 & 1-28 © 2001 TVT Records.
Tracks CD1-1 to CD1-3, CD1-5 to CD1-7, CD1-9, CD1-10, CD1-26 to CD1-28, CD2-2 to CD2-4, CD2-6, CD2-7, CD2-10 to CD2-13, CD2-17 to CD2-28, CD2-30, CD2-32 to CD2-35, CD3-1 to CD3-18, CD4-6, CD4-8, CD4-13, CD4-15, CD4-16, CD4-18, CD4-19, CD4-22, CD4-24, CD4-28 & CD4-32 to CD5-7 published by Needmore Songs, BMI
Tracks CD1-12, CD1-13, CD1-15 to CD1-18, CD1-22 to CD1-25, CD2-9, CD2-16, CD2-29, CD3-19 to CD3-23,CD4-2, CD4-5, CD4-9, CD4-10, CD4-12, CD4-14, CD4-20, CD4-21, CD4-23, CD4-25 to CD4-27, CD4-30 published by Songs Of Universal, Inc./Needmore Songs, BMI.
Tracks CD1-4, CD1-8, CD4-7 & CD4-31 published by I'm A Cowboy Songs, BMI/Needmore Songs, BMI.
Tracks CD1-11, CD1-14, CD2-1, CD2-14, CD2-31, CD4-3, CD4-4, CD4-17 & CD4-29 published by Songs Of Universal, Inc./Needmore Songs, BMI/I'm A Cowboy Songs, BMI.
Tracks CD1-19 & CD2-8 published by I'm A Cowboy Songs, BMI.
Track CD1-20 published by Flippant Music, BMI.
Track CD2-5 published by Songs Of Universal, Inc./Needmore Songs, BMI/Flippant Music, BMI.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 7 44861 05502 0
- Other (Cat# CD1): OLE 550-2.1
- Other (Cat# CD2): OLE 550-2.2
- Other (Cat# CD3): OLE 550-2.3
- Other (Cat# CD4): OLE 550-2.4
- Other (Cat# CD5): OLE 550-2.5
- Matrix / Runout (CD1): wea mfg. olyphant X19964 LN OLE 550-2.1 03
- Matrix / Runout (CD2): wea mfg. olyphant Z20208 LN OLE 550-2.2 RE-1 03
- Matrix / Runout (CD3): wea mfg. olyphant Y21999 LN OLE 550-2.3 04
- Matrix / Runout (CD4): wea mfg. olyphant Y20105 LN OLE 550-2.4 01
- Matrix / Runout (CD5): wea mfg. olyphant Y21992 LN OLE 550-2.5 01
- Matrix / Runout (DVD): Mastered by wamo LN550.1.A VB01
- Mastering SID Code (CD1): IFPI L902
- Mastering SID Code (CD2 & CD4): IFPI L909
- Mastering SID Code (CD3 & CD5): IFPI L903
- Mastering SID Code (DVD): IFPI L907
- Mould SID Code (CD1): IFPI 2U3E
- Mould SID Code (CD2): IFPI 2U7A
- Mould SID Code (CD3): IFPI 2U3Q
- Mould SID Code (CD4): IFPI 2U4C
- Mould SID Code (CD5): IFPI 2U3U
- Mould SID Code (DVD): IFPI 2UN5
- Rights Society: BMI