Tracklist Hide Credits
Trumpet, Piano, Co-producer, Featuring [Featured Performance] – Donald Byrd
|A3||When You're Near
Keyboards – Simon LawLead Vocals, Co-producer, Featuring [Featured Performance] – N'Dea Davenport
Alto Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone, Co-producer, Featuring [Featured Performance] – Branford MarsalisGuitar – Zachary Breaux
|A5||No Time To Play
Guitar, Co-producer, Featuring [Featured Performance] – Ronny JordanVocals – DC Lee*Vocals [Additional] – Big ShugWritten-By [Satin Soul], Performer [Satin Soul] – Barry White
|A6||Down The Backstreets
Drums [Live] – Lil' DapPiano [Acoustic], Electric Piano, Co-producer, Featuring [Featured Performance] – Lonnie Liston Smith
|B2||Take A Look (At Yourself)
Vibraphone [Vibes], Co-producer, Featuring [Featured Performance] – Roy Ayers
Lead Vocals, Co-producer, Featuring [Featured Performance] – N'Dea Davenport
|B4||Slicker Than Most
Saxophone, Flute – Gary BarnacleVocals [Additional] – The Cutthroats
|B5||Le Bien, Le Mal
Lead Vocals [Lead Vocals On French Rap], Co-producer, Featuring [Featured Performance] – MC SolaarVocals [Additional] – Black Jack, Mickey "Mus Mus"*
|B6||Sights In The City
Alto Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone, Flute – Courtney PineCo-producer, Featuring [Featured Performance] – Carleen Anderson, Courtney PineKeyboards – Simon LawVocals – Carleen Anderson
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Chrysalis Records, Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Chrysalis Records, Inc.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Universal Music B.V.
- Copyright (c) – Universal Music B.V.
- Licensed From – Polygram Special Markets
- Licensed From – Sony Music Entertainment
- Manufactured By – Music On Vinyl B.V.
- Distributed By – Music On Vinyl B.V.
- Produced For – Guru Productions Inc.
- Published By – Ill Kid Music
- Published By – Gifted Pearl Music
- Published By – EMI April Music Inc.
- Published By – My Dog Luna Music
- Published By – LeoSong
- Published By – Savette Music, Inc
- Published By – Unichappell Music, Inc.
- Pressed By – Record Industry – 99123
- Recorded At – D&D Studios
- Mixed At – D&D Studios
- Mixed At – EMI Studios
- Mixed At – Hollywood Sound Recorders
- Mixed At – Studios Ferber
- Mastered At – Masterdisk
- Alto Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone, Flute – Courtney Pine
- Art Direction – Henry Marquez
- Concept By [Concept Development] – Keith Elam, Patrick Moxey
- Design – Diane Cuddy
- Engineer [Engineered In London] – James Bell*
- Engineer [Engineered In Los Angeles] – James B. Mansfield*
- Engineer [Engineered In New York] – Craig Marcus, Joe Quinde, Kieran Walsh
- Engineer [Engineered In Paris] – Zdar Cerbonschi*
- Engineer [London, Assistant] – Tracii D. Sherman
- Engineer [Los Angeles, Assistant] – Doug Boehm
- Engineer [New York, Assistant] – David Carpenter, Luke Allen
- Engineer [Paris, Assistant] – Phillipe*
- Executive-Producer – Duff Marlowe, Keith Elam, Patrick Moxey
- Guitar – Ronny Jordan, Zachary Breaux
- Keyboards – Simon Law
- Lyrics By [Lyrics Co-written By] – N'Dea Davenport (tracks: A3, B3)
- Lyrics By, Music By [Tracks By] – Guru
- Management – Empire Artist Management
- Mastered By [Masterdisk In 1993] – Tony Dawsey
- Other [Styling] – Navia Nguyen
- Performer [Material] – Grover Washington*
- Photography By – Humphrey Studio
- Piano [Acoustic], Electric Piano – Lonnie Liston Smith
- Producer, Arranged By, Mixed By – Guru
- Saxophone, Flute – Gary Barnacle
- Scratches – DJ Jazzy Nice (tracks: A4), DJ Jimmy Jay* (tracks: B5)
- Trumpet, Piano – Donald Byrd
- Vibraphone [Vibes] – Roy Ayers
- Vocals – Carleen Anderson, DC Lee*, Guru, MC Solaar, N'Dea Davenport
- Written-By [Co-written By] – Courtney Pine (tracks: B6)
The 25th Anniversary Edition of this groundbreaking Hip-Hop and Jazz album is pressed on blue vinyl in a limited run of 5.000 individually numbered copies.
Original Release ℗ 1993 Chrysalis Records, Inc. This Release ℗ & © 2014 Universal Music B.V. Manufactured & Distributed by Music On Vinyl B.V. for Universal Music B.V.
Made in the EU.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 0600753486023
- Matrix / Runout (Side A): MOVLP 1111 99123 2A
- Matrix / Runout (Side B): MOVLP 1111 99123 2B
- Rights Society: BIEM/SDRM
Other Versions (5 of 31) View All
|F1-21998||Guru||Jazzmatazz Volume: 1 (LP, Album)||Chrysalis||F1-21998||US||1993||Sell This Version|
|CTTC 34, 0946 3 21998 4 3, 3 21998 4||Guru||Jazzmatazz Volume 1 (Cass, Album, XDR)||Chrysalis, Chrysalis, EMI||CTTC 34, 0946 3 21998 4 3, 3 21998 4||UK||1993||Sell This Version|
|SPRO 10428||Guru||Jazzmatazz Vol I Instrumental (LP, Album, TP)||Chrysalis||SPRO 10428||US||Unknown||Sell This Version|
|0946 3 21998 2 9, CTCD 34||Guru||Jazzmatazz Volume: 1 (CD, Album)||Chrysalis, Chrysalis||0946 3 21998 2 9, CTCD 34||UK & Europe||1993||Sell This Version|
|F2 21998, 0946 3 21998 2 9||Guru||Jazzmatazz Volume: 1 (CD, Album)||Chrysalis, Chrysalis||F2 21998, 0946 3 21998 2 9||US||1993||Sell This Version|