Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||You Shouldn't Do That
Written By – (Dave Brock/Nik Turner)Written-By – Dave Brock, Nik Turner
|A2||You Know You're Only Dreaming
Written-By – Dave Brock
|B1||Master Of The Universe
Written By – (Nik Turner/Dave Brock)Written-By – Dave Brock, Nik Turner
|B2||We Took The Wrong Step Years Ago
Written-By – Dave Brock
Written-By – Hawkwind
|B4||Children Of The Sun
Written By – (Dave Anderson/Nik Turner)Written-By – Dave Anderson (3), Nik Turner
- Alto Saxophone, Flute, Vocals, Audio Generator – Nik Turner
- Arranged By – Hawkwind
- Audio Generator – Dik Mik
- Bass, Electric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar [6string] – Dave Anderson (3)
- Design, Typography, Artwork [Cover & Log Book Concept & Illustration] – Barney Bubbles
- Drums, Percussion – Terry Ollis
- Engineer – George Chkiantz
- Engineer [Assistant] – Phil Chapman, Rod Thear, Rufus Cartwright
- Liner Notes [Log Book] – Barney Bubbles, Bob Calvert*
- Performer [Resident Dancer] – Stacia*
- Producer – George Chkiantz, Hawkwind
- Synthesizer – Del Dettmar
- Vocals, Electric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar [6string, 12string], Audio Generator – Dave Brock
Subsequent pressings (A1U/B4U & A2U/B4U), have a different label layout, please see X In Search Of Space.
This release has an innovative 8-page, 3-fold die-cut heavy card sleeve. Opened out, it forms a 'T' shape. This shape is printed black & white on inside and full-color on reverse.
When the lower page is folded up (to contain the liner) the sleeve then takes the form of a 6-page triptych - with the die-cut tab & slot linking together at the center. When locked 'closed' the liner/vinyl can still be inserted via the top opening.
The back cover has a blurred shot of Stacia dancing on-stage, with text that encapsulates the essence of the work:
"Technicians of Space Ship Earth
This is Your Captain Speaking
Your Captain is Dead"
"Printed and made by the E. J. Day Group, London and Bedford".
[The inside spread photos include members of The Pink Fairies].
The package also contains an A4, 24-page 'Log Book', packed with the minutiae of the band's 'flight' through space & time. This 'Log' is printed black on white 'newspaper-quality' paper.
Produced at Olympic Studios, Barnes. Track B2 first recorded at Air Studios.
Manufactured in England - A product of Liberty-United Artists Records Ltd.
A1 to B3 - United Artists
B4 - Blue Mountain Music
(Note: There are probably many issues of this which have lost the log book, or original UA imprinted liner)
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (A-side label): UAG 29202 A
- Matrix / Runout (B-side label): UAG 29202 B
- Matrix / Runout (A-side run-out, stamped, variant 1): UAG 29202 A-1U
- Matrix / Runout (B-side run-out, stamped, variant 1): UAG 29202 B-1U
- Matrix / Runout (A-side run-out, stamped, variant 2): UAG 29202 A-1U
- Matrix / Runout (B-side run-out, stamped, variant 2): UAG 29202 B-2U
Other Versions (5 of 48) View All
|UAG 29202||Hawkwind||X In Search Of Space (LP, Album)||United Artists Records||UAG 29202||Israel||1971||Sell This Version|
|UAG 29202||Hawkwind||X In Search Of Space (LP, Album, Gim)||United Artists Records||UAG 29202||Italy||1971||Sell This Version|
|CDLL-57474||Hawkwind||X In Search Of Space (CD, Album)||One Way Records (6), CEMA Special Markets||CDLL-57474||US||1991||Sell This Version|
|UAS 5567||Hawkwind||X In Search Of Space (LP, Album, Gim)||United Artists Records||UAS 5567||Canada||1972||Sell This Version|
|CD-FA 3192, CDM 7 52025 2||Hawkwind||X In Search Of Space (CD, Album, RE)||Fame, EMI||CD-FA 3192, CDM 7 52025 2||UK||1991||Sell This Version|