- Art Direction – Donn Davenport
- Bass – Fred Hopkins, Leonard Jones, Rufus Reid
- Bass, Bass [Piccolo] – Brian Smith (9)
- Composed By – Henry Threadgill
- Directed By [Series Director] – Steve Backer
- Engineer [Assistant] – Dave Achelis
- Engineer [Re-mix] – Elvin Campbell
- Engineer [Recording] – David Baker
- Flute, Bass Clarinet – Douglas Ewart
- Flute, Bass Flute, Alto Saxophone – Henry Threadgill
- Flute, Soprano Saxophone – Joseph Jarman
- Liner Notes – Thulani Nkabinde Davis*
- Photography By – Mel Dixon
- Piccolo Flute, Alto Flute, Tenor Saxophone – Wallace McMillan
- Producer – Michael Cuscuna, Michael Cuscuna
- Vocals – Amina Claudine Myers
Recorded at CI Recording Studios,
New York City on January 13, 1979
Technical Notes: In stereo, from left to right in the
reed section are Douglas Ewart, Joseph Jarman, Henry
Threadgill and Wallace McMillan.
From left to right in the bass section are Leonard
Jones, Brian Smith, Rufus Reid and Fred Hopkins.
The piccolo bass is not an electric gimmick. It is an
acoustic bass with a range exactly one octave higher
than the standard bass.
℗&© 1979 Arista Records, Inc.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (A label matrix): AN 3013 SA
- Matrix / Runout (B label matrix): AN 3013 SB
- Matrix / Runout (A runout etched): AN-3013-SA HUB
- Matrix / Runout (B runout etched): AN-3013-SB HUB
- Matrix / Runout (A&B runout stamped): MASTERDISK