Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||Things Can Only Get Better
Backing Vocals – AfrodiziakBrass – TKO Horns
|A2||Life In One Day
Backing Vocals – Afrodiziak
|A3||No One Is To Blame||3:28|
|A4||Dream Into Action||3:45|
|A5||Like To Get To Know You Well||3:59|
|A6||Assault And Battery
Vocals [Girl's Voices] – The Effervescents
|B2||Bounce Right Back||3:55|
Cello – Helen Liebman*
|B4||Is There A Difference?||3:33|
|B6||Hunger For The Flesh||3:54|
- Manufactured By – Elektra/Asylum/Nonesuch Records
- Manufactured By – Elektra/Asylum Records
- Distributed By – Elektra/Asylum Records
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – WEA Records Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – WEA Records Ltd.
- Pressed By – Allied Record Company
- Recorded At – Farmyard Studios
- Mixed At – Farmyard Studios
- Produced For – Gestalt (2)
- Published By – Howard Jones Music Ltd.
- Mastered At – Sterling Sound
- Mastered At – Specialty Records Corporation
- Artwork [Human Models] – Hojo Kurosawa
- Design [Graphic] – Rob O'Connor, Stylo Rouge*
- Mastered By [Runouts ⚾] – Greg Calbi
- Music By, Lyrics By, Vocals, Instruments, Programmed By – Howard Jones
- Performer [Afrodiziak Are] – Caron Wheeler, Claudia Fontaine, Naomi Thompson
- Performer [The Effervescents Are] – Elizabeth Holden, Kirstie Fulthorpe, Laura Bishop (2), Tania Matos
- Performer [TKO Horns Are] – Alan Whetton, Brian Maurice, Dave Pleurs*, Jim Patterson*
- Photography By [Album Sleeve] – Simon Fowler (2)
- Producer – Rupert Hine
- Recorded By [Recording Assistant] – Andrew Scarth
- Recorded By, Mixed By – Stephen W. Tayler
Catalog number on spine: 9 60390-1
U.S. release of the album with an alternate track listing to the original UK version.
Specialty & Why Look For The Key have been replaced by "Like To Get To Know You Well" & "Bounce Right Back".
Why Look For The Key was available in the U.S. on the 7" Single of "Things Can Only Get Better".
Specialty was later released on the U.S./Canada only EP "Action Replay"
These versions of Like To Get To Know You Well & Bounce Right Back were released as a 7" single in the UK 7 months before Dream Into Action was released.
Produced by Rupert Hine for Gestalt.
Tracks A1 to A4, A6, B1, B3 to B6 © 1985
Tracks A5 & B2 © 1984
All tracks published by Howard Jones Music Ltd., all rights for the world controlled by Warner Bros. Music Ltd.
All rights for the Western Hemisphere administered by Warner-Tamerlane Publishing Corp., (BMI)
Manufactured & Distributed by Elektra/Asylum Records appears on jacket.
Manufactured by Elektra/Asylum/Nonesuch Records appears on labels.
℗© 1985 WEA Records Ltd. Printed in U.S.A.
Includes printed inner sleeve with lyrics.
(runouts) The "SRC" logo along with an "SPAR" etching "and" a "B-#####" type matrix number all in the runout 'deadwax' indicates that the Plating (Processing / Metalwork) was done at Specialty Records Corporation but the record itself was pressed at Allied Record Company.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 0 7559-60390-1 7
- Barcode (Scanned): 075596039017
- Matrix / Runout (Side A Label): ST E 60390-1 A-AR
- Matrix / Runout (Side B Label): ST E 60390-1 B-AR
- Rights Society: BMI
- Matrix / Runout (Runout A side): STE 60390 A 3 1-2 B-20968-A3 △ 9276 0- SP-AR STERLING ⚾ SRC
- Matrix / Runout (Runout B side): STE 60390B -1 1-3 SP-AR B-20969-B1 △ 9276-X 0- -̶1̶ STERLING ⚾ SRC
- Matrix / Runout (Stamped A & B sides): STERLING (SRC logo)
Other Versions (5 of 60) View All
|WX 15, 240 632-1||Howard Jones||Dream Into Action (LP, Album)||WEA, WEA||WX 15, 240 632-1||UK||1985||Sell This Version|
|240 632-4||Howard Jones||Dream Into Action (Cass, Album, Bar)||WEA||240 632-4||UK & Europe||1985||Sell This Version|
|PBRED750||Howard Jones||Dream Into Action (LP, Album, Ltd, RE, Gre)||Cherry Red Records (2)||PBRED750||Europe||2018||Sell This Version|
|240632-1||Howard Jones||Dream Into Action (LP, Album)||WEA||240632-1||Greece||1985||Sell This Version|
|240 632-1, WX 15||Howard Jones||Dream Into Action (LP, Album)||WEA, WEA||240 632-1, WX 15||Europe||1985||Sell This Version|