Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||Things Can Only Get Better
Backing Vocals – AfrodiziakBrass – TKO Horns
|A2||Life In One Day
Backing Vocals – Afrodiziak
|A3||No One Is To Blame||3:28|
|A4||Dream Into Action||3:45|
|A5||Like To Get To Know You Well||3:59|
|A6||Assault And Battery
Vocals [Girl's Voices] – The Effervescents
|B2||Bounce Right Back||3:55|
Cello – Helen Liebman*
|B4||Is There A Difference?||3:33|
|B6||Hunger For The Flesh||3:54|
- Manufactured By – Elektra/Asylum/Nonesuch Records
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – WEA Records Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – WEA Records Ltd.
- Produced For – Gestalt (2)
- Pressed By – Specialty Records Corporation
- Published By – Howard Jones Music Ltd.
- Published By – Warner Bros. Music Ltd.
- Published By – Warner-Tamerlane Publishing Corp.
- Recorded At – Farmyard Studios
- Mixed At – Farmyard Studios
- Mastered At – Sterling Sound
- Artwork [Graphic Design] – Rob O'Connor, Stylo Rouge*
- Artwork [Human Models] – Hojo Kurosawa
- Music By, Lyrics By, Vocals, Instruments, Programmed By – Howard Jones
- Performer [Afrodiziak Are] – Caron Wheeler, Claudia Fontaine, Naomi Thompson
- Performer [The Effervescents Are] – Elizabeth Holden, Kirstie Fulthorpe, Laura Bishop (2), Tania Matos
- Performer [The Tko Horns Are] – Alan Whetton, Brian Maurice, Dave Pleurs*, Jim Patterson*
- Photography By [Album Sleeve] – Simon Fowler (2)
- Producer – Rupert Hine
- Recorded By [Assistant] – Andrew Scarth
- Recorded By, Mixed By – Stephen W. Tayler
Cat # 9 60390-1 appears on the spine.
U.S. release of the album with an alternate track listing to the original UK version.
Specialty & Why Look For The Key have been replaced by "Like To Get To Know You Well" & "Bounce Right Back".
Why Look For The Key was available in the U.S. on the 7" Single of "Things Can Only Get Better".
Specialty was later released on the U.S./Canada only EP "Action Replay"
These versions of Like To Get To Know You Well & Bounce Right Back were released as a 7" single in the UK 7 months before Dream Into Action was released.
Includes custom black & white lyrics / credits inner sleeve.
Produced for Gestalt.
Recorded and mixed at Farmyard Studios, England.
Tracks A1 to A4, A6, B1, B3 to B6 © 1985
Tracks A5 & B2 © 1984
All tracks published by Howard Jones Music Ltd., all rights for the world controlled by Warner Bros. Music Ltd.
All rights for the Western Hemisphere administered by Warner-Tamerlane Publishing Corp., (BMI)
Manufactured and distributed by Elektra/Asylum Records.
A division of Warner Communications Inc.
℗© 1985 WEA Records Ltd.
Printed in U.S.A.
Pressing Plant Variation: Specialty Records Corporation.
"Is There A Difference?" is based on Chapter 20 of the Tao Te Ching by Lao Tzu
Thanks to David Stopps, my manager, and to all those great people who do help me and believe in what I do.
And love to you Jan.
Howard Jones Fan Club
P.O. Box 185
High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire HP11 2E2
England. Send stamped addressed
envelope if you live in the U.K., send self
addressed envelope with international
reply coupon (available from post
offices) if you live outside the U.K.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 0 7559-60390-1 7
- Barcode (Scanned): 0075596039017
- Matrix / Runout (Side A Label): ST-E-60390-1-A-SP
- Matrix / Runout (Side B Label): ST-E-60390-1-B-SP
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 1 Side A Etched): STE 60390A-2 1-6 Ⓗ
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 1 Side B Etched): STE 60390B-1 1-4 -1 Ⓧ
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 2 Side A Etched): STE 60390 A 3 1 - 3 Ⓗ
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 2 Side B Etched): STE 60390 B - 1 1-2 SM1-4 -̶̷̸1̶̷̸ Ⓧ
- Matrix / Runout (All Variants Side A & B Stamped): STERLING SRC
- Rights Society: BMI
Other Versions (5 of 51) View All
|DTOXCD22||Howard Jones||Dream Into Action (CD, Album, RM, S/Edition, Rem)||Dtox Records||DTOXCD22||UK||2010||Sell This Version|
|WPCR-75260||Howard Jones||Dream Into Action (CD, Album, RE)||EastWest||WPCR-75260||Japan||2006||Sell This Version|
|4-60390||Howard Jones||Dream Into Action (Cass, Album, Promo)||Elektra||4-60390||US||1985||Sell This Version|
|60390-4||Howard Jones||Dream Into Action (Cass, Album)||Elektra||60390-4||US||1985||Sell This Version|
|CD 40632, 40632-2||Howard Jones||Dream Into Action (CD, Album)||Elektra, EastWest||CD 40632, 40632-2||Canada||Unknown||Sell This Version|