|1||Labour Of Love||3:34|
|2||Looking For Linda||3:49|
|3||He Won't Smile||2:57|
|5||Strength To Strength (Remix)||5:14|
|7||I Refuse (Extended Version)||4:35|
|9||Ordinary Angel (7" Single Version)||4:09|
|10||Sweet Invisibility (Panopticon Master Mix)||7:17|
|12||The Man With The Child In His Eyes||3:13|
|13||Violently (Your Words Hit Me) (Acappella)||3:29|
|14||Remembrance And Gold (Album Version)||5:04|
|15||Long Term Lovers Of Pain (Remix)||3:00|
|16||My Salt Heart (Extended Version)||4:39|
|17||Looking For Linda (Gospel On The Track Mix)||4:23|
|18||Labour Of Love (Original 12" Version)||4:30|
- Design – Rebecca Edwards
- Liner Notes – Justin Lewis
- Management [Representation] – Dougie Souness, No Half Measures
- Mastered By – Alex Wharton
- Product Manager – Jon Wilson (3)
- Written-By – Gregory Kane (tracks: 1 to 7, 10, 11, 13 to18), Gene Kane* (tracks: 9), Kate Bush (tracks: 12), Patrick Kane (tracks: 1 to 7, 9 to 11, 13 to18), Prince Nelson* (tracks: 8)
A selection of hits, rare mixes, extended versions, B sides and album tracks from Hue & Cry's Virgin Records period 1987-1991. Many tracks digitally remastered from original tapes. Includes sleeve notes.
8-page booklet: credits, liner notes, images of album & single sleeves
3, 5, 7–13: (P) 2008 Digital Remaster
(P) 2009 The copyright in this sound recording is owned by Virgin Records Limited. (c) 2009 Virgin Records Limited. EMI Gold is a Capitol Music label.
Photographic scanning and retouching by the EMI Photographic dept.
Printed in the EU. Made in the EU.
Music from EMI - spine
Circa - rear sleeve, booklet rear, disc
EMI Gold - rear sleeve, booklet rear, disc
Virgin Records - rear sleeve, booklet rear, disc
Durations not listed on the release.
9: Composition credit mistakenly listed as 'Gene Kane', in place of Gregory Kane.
11: Composition credit listed as 'P Kane/G Kane'; names are spelled-out in full for the other tracks.
[notes by submitter]
5, 10, 12, 16 & 17: Originally released on 12" singles.
7: Listed incorrectly as "I Refuse (Route 88) (Extended Version)". This is the original 1986 version "I Refuse (Extended Version)", not the 1988 re-recording "I Refuse (Route 88)".
8: In mono, except for the last seconds (whole track in stereo on original release).
15: 10" EP acoustic mix
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 5 099926 698120
- Other (UK:): 266 9812
- Label Code: LC0542
- Rights Society: Sdrm BIEM
- Matrix / Runout: 2100003569301 2669812
- Mastering SID Code (Variant 1 & 2): IFPI LK97
- Mould SID Code (Variant 1): IFPI 9R94
- Mould SID Code (Variant 2): IFPI 9R95