Tracklist Hide Credits
Baritone Vocals – Philip LarsonConductor – Thomas NeeEngineer [Recording], Edited By – Josef KuceraEngineer [Second] – Michael Pelz-ShermanOrchestra – The La Jolla Symphony OrchestraPercussion – Steven SchickProducer – Philip Larson, Steven Schick
Conductor – Rand SteigerEngineer [Recording], Edited By – Josef KuceraOrchestra – The SONOR Ensemble Of UCSDProducer – John FonvilleProducer [Production Assistant] – Tim LaborProduction Manager – Kathryn Martin (2)
- Artwork [Cover Art] – Karen Reynolds
- Composed By – Iannis Xenakis
- Liner Notes – F. Richard Moore, Iannis Xenakis, Julio Estrada, Roger Reynolds, Yuji Takahashi
- Liner Notes [Text Editing] – Karen Reynolds, Roger Reynolds
- Liner Notes [Transcription And Editing Of A Conversation] – Karen Reynolds
- Liner Notes [Translation From The Spanish] – Rafael Liñán
- Producer – Shirish Korde
- Typography [Typesetting] – Susan Calkins
Made in U.S.A.
"Aïs", for amplified baritone, solo percussionist and large orchestra, composed 1980. Recorded 7 April 1990, Department of Music, University of California, San Diego, Mandeville Auditorium.
"Gendy3", for computer generated sound, composed 1991 at CEMAMu (Paris, France).
"Taurhiphanie", for computer generated sound, composed 1987-88 at CEMAMu on the UPIC computer system.
"Thalleïn", for 14 instruments, composed 1984. Recorded 1-2 February 1991, Department of Music, University of California, San Diego, Warren Studios.
The booklet contains liner notes, program notes by Xenakis and the transcription of a conversation between Xenakis and students in UCSD's graduate music program (9 April 1990).
Cover art: Festival banner sketch.
Total time: 63:08.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 7 85924 50862 6
- SPARS Code: DDD