Tracklist Hide Credits
|2||Gertrude's Aria: Touch
Soprano Vocals – Danielle Grima
|3||Swelter's Aria: Be A Happy Carnivore!
Tenor Vocals – Florian Simson
|4||Steerpike's Song: Oxygen
Tenor Vocals, Vocals [Rock Singer] – Stefan Vinzberg
|5||Fuchsia's Song: Rainbow Party
Soprano Vocals – Claudia Visca
Countertenor Vocals – Reiner BeinghausSoprano Vocals – Claudia Visca, Elise Kaufman*, Sabine SchnitzerTenor Vocals, Vocals [Rock Singer] – Stefan Vinzberg
|7||The Twin's Duet: Triumph
Soprano Vocals – Elise Kaufman*, Sabine Schnitzer
|8||Barquentine's Aria: Possess Me, Chaos!
Tenor Vocals, Vocals [Rock Singer] – Ulrich Wewelsiep
|9||Sepulchrave's Aria: Behold The Night!
Baritone Vocals – Mark Morouse
|10||Duet Fuchsia & Steerpike: The Birds Are Leaving For The South
Soprano Vocals – Claudia ViscaTenor Vocals, Vocals [Rock Singer] – Stefan Vinzberg
|11||Fuchsia's Aria: Fall, Friendly Rain
Soprano Vocals – Claudia Visca
- Licensed To – Mute Records Ltd.
- Marketed By – Mute Records Ltd.
- Licensed To – Mute Corporation
- Marketed By – Mute Corporation
- Distributed By – Edel Contraire
- Distributed By – Labels
- Manufactured By – DADC
- Published By – Spoon Music
- Published By – Messer Music
- Recorded At – Wuppertal Operahouse
- Mastered At – Metropolis Mastering
- Cello [Pre-recorded] – Matthias Lorenz
- Choir [Pre-recorded] – Boys Choir Hampstead School
- Conductor [Brandenburger Symphoniker] – Irmin Schmidt
- Design – Werner Richter (3)
- Directed By [Boys Choir Hampstead School] – Diedre Broadbent
- Directed By [Musical Director] – Simon Rekers
- Engineer [Sound Engineer], Programmed By, Recorded By [Brandenburger Symphoniker] – Jono Podmore
- Guitar [Pre-recorded] – Michael Karoli
- Libretto By – Duncan Fallowell
- Liner Notes – Irmin Schmidt
- Mastered By – Miles Showell
- Music By, Concept By [Scenario] – Irmin Schmidt
- Orchestra – Brandenburger Symphoniker*
- Percussion [Pre-recorded] – Jaki Liebezeit
- Photography By [Orchestral Recording Photography] – Hildegard Schmidt
- Photography By [Stage Photography Wuppertal Operahouse] – Rudolf Finkes
- Producer – Irmin Schmidt, Jono Podmore
- Voice [Pre-recorded] – Jessica Wynne
Libretto inspired by Mervyn Peake's trilogy
with the singers of the World Premiere (Wuppertal Operahouse, Schillertheater NRW) recorded live in performance.
World Premiere: Wuppertal Operahouse, 15. November 1998
"A phantasmagorical soundworld of electronics, symphony orchestra and pounding beats which envelopes singers who effortlessly stretch from Pop to Classical virtuosity."
Dedicated to George Reinhart in memoriam
The original recordings with the Wuppertal Sinfonieorchester could not be used.
They have been replaced by the
October 1999 in Brandenburg, Germany.
Mastered at Metropolis, London.
The orchestral recordings and the performers in Wuppertal and Gelsenkirchen have been generously supported by Musicstore, Köln.
Special thanks to:
Holk Freitag, Martin Griesemer, Albert Lohmar, Sebastian Peake, Hansgeorg Schneider.
Licensed and marketed worldwide (except Germany, Austria, Switzerland): Mute-Records, ..., London; for USA: Mute-Records, ..., New York.
Distribution for Germany: Edel-Contraire.
Distribution for France: Mute-Labels.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Scanned): 5016025682652
- Barcode (Text): 5 016025 682652
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI L553
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 94W6
- Matrix / Runout: DADC A0100308161 -0101 13 A3
- Label Code: LC7395