Tracklist Hide Credits
- Manufactured For – BMG Direct Marketing, Inc. – D218757
- Accordion – Garth Hudson
- Acoustic Bass – Joe Zinkan, Larry Taylor
- Arranged By [Horns] – Al Capps, George Tidwell, Bob Holmes*
- Arranged By [Strings] – Al Capps, Cam Mullins
- Artwork – Wherefore Art?
- Backing Vocals – Christine Lakeland, Diane Davidson*, Gary Paxton, Hoyt Axton, Joanne Sweeney, Leslie Taylor, Marilyn Davis, Sherry Porter
- Bass – Bill Raffenspeger*, Billy Cox, Bob Moore, Bob Ray (2), Carl Radle, Carol Kaye, Charles Dungey, David Hood, Emory Gordy*, Gary Gilmore (2), Joe Osborn, Michael Rhodes, Mike Leech, Nick Rather, Norbert Putnam, Tim Drummond, Tommy Cogbill
- Cello – Nancy Stein*
- Co-producer – Audie Ashworth (tracks: 1-20 to 2-16), J.J. Cale (tracks: 1-20 to 2-16)
- Compilation Producer – Bas Hartong, Bill Levenson
- Compilation Producer [In Association] – Audie Ashworth, J.J. Cale
- Congas – Farrell Morris, James Nichols (2), Jimmy Karstein, Robert "Tarp" Tarrant*
- Coordinator [Project Coordinaton] – Jackie Stansfield, Terri Tierney
- Drums – Ace Tone Rhythm Machine, Bill Boatman, Buddy Harmon*, Chuck Browning, Farrell Morris, George Soule, Hal Blaine, Hayward Bishop, James Cruce, James Mitthauer*, Jim Keltner, Jim Karstein*, Karl Himmel, Ken Buttrey*, Kenny Malone, Roger Hawkins, Russ Kunkel, Terry Perkins (2)
- Electric Guitar – Chuck Browning, Don Preston (2), Gordon Payne, Gordon Shryock, Grady Martin, Harold Bradley, James Burton, Reggie Young, Richard Thompson, Steve Gibson, Tommy Cogbill
- Electric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Rhythm Guitar, Guitar [Gut String], Slide Guitar, Lead Guitar, Piano, Organ, Synthesizer, Bass, Drums, Vocals – J.J. Cale
- Electric Piano – Barry Beckett, Beegie Cruzer, David Briggs (2), Pig Robbins*, Larry Bell, Leon Russell
- Engineer [Recording] – Audie Ashworth, Brett Newman, Chad Hailey, Charlie Paakari*, Chip Young, Christine Lakeland, David Johnson (7), Duane Seykora, Gene Eichelberger, Hugh Davies (2), J.J. Cale, Jimmy Tarbutton*, Jerry Masters, Jim Williamson, Joe Mills, Les Ladd, Paul Brown, Paul McManus, Rail Jon Roguit*, Rick Horton, Ron Reynolds, Ronnie Light*, Stan Hutto, Steve Ripley
- Executive-Producer – Matthieu Lauriot-Prèvost*
- Fiddle – Bill Boatman, Buddy Spiker*, Shorty Lavender, Vasser Clements*
- Harmonica – Charlie McCoy, Ed Colis, Terry McMillian*
- Liner Notes [Essay] – Colin Escott
- Mandolin – Bill Kenner
- Mastered By – Denny Purcell, Gary Mayo
- Mixed By – Audie Ashworth, David Johnson (7), Gene Eichelberger, Hugh Davies (2), J.J. Cale, J.R. McNeely, Jimmy Tarbutton*, Jerry Masters, Jim Williamson, Joe Mills, Les Ladd, Paul Brown, Rick Horton, Ron Reynolds, Ronnie Light*, Stan Hutto
- Organ – Bobby Emmons, Christine Lakeland, David Briggs (2), Jim Keltner, Kossie Gardner*, Spooner Oldham
- Other [Project Assistance] – Catherine Ladis, Donna Fetchko, Eileen Cleary, Matthew Tilley
- Percussion – Farrell Morris, J.I. Allison*, Jim Keltner, Jim Karstein*, Karl Himmel
- Photography By – James R. Minchin III*
- Piano – Barry Beckett, Bill Payne, Bill Purcell*, Bob Wilson, Bobby Emmons, Bobby Woods*, David Briggs (2), Glen D. Hardin*, Pig Robbins*, Jerry Smith (10), Jerry Whitehurst, John Galley, Tony Migliori*
- Producer – Audie Ashworth (tracks: 1-1 to 1-19), J.J. Cale (tracks: 2-17 to 2-25)
- Resonator Guitar [Dobro] – Josh Graves, Walter Haynes
- Rhythm Guitar – Bill Boatman, Christine Lakeland, Harold Bradley, Jimmy Capps, Jimmy Johnson (4), John Christopher*, Mac Gayden, Paul Davis (12), Ray Edentown*, Reggie Young, Steve Ripley, Tommy Tedesco
- Saxophone – Billy Puett, Dennis Solee*, Norm Ray
- Slide Guitar – Mac Gayden
- Steel Drums – Robert Greenidge
- Steel Guitar – Buddy Emmons, Lloyd Green, Weldon Myrick
- Synthesizer – Mike Lawler
- Trombone – Bill Humble, Dennis Goode*, George Bohanon, Terry Williams (5)
- Trumpet – Bob Phillips, Don Sheffield, George Tidwell, Steve Madaio
- Vibraphone – Farrell Morris
- Viola – Marcy Dicterow-Vaj*
- Violin – Carl Gorodetzy*, Doug Atwell, Marv Chantry*, Roy Christensen, Shelly Kurland*, Sid Page
- Written-By – J.J. Cale (tracks: 1-1 to 2-2, 2-4 to 2-8, 2-10, 2-12 to 2-16, 2-18 to 2-25)
28-page Booklet w. liner notes, photos, essay.
"Tracks 1-1 to 1-4 from NATURALLY.
Tracks 1-5 to 1-7 from REALLY.
Tracks 1-9 to 1-14 from OKIE.
Tracks 1-16 to 1-19 from TROUBADOUR.
Tracks 1-21, 1-22, 1-23, 1-25 from "5".
Tracks 2-1 to 2-3 from SHADES.
Tracks 2-4 to 2-9 from GRASSHOPPER.
Tracks 2-11 to 2-15 from "#8".
Tracks 2-16 to 2-20 from TRAVEL-LOG.
Tracks 2-21 to 2-23 from NUMBER 10.
Tracks 2-24 & 2-25 from CLOSER TO YOU. -
Previously unreleased: Tracks 1-8 (recorded during the Really sessions), 1-15 (recorded during the Okie session, 1-20 (recorded during the Troubadour sessions), 1-24 (recorded during the 5 sessions), 2-10 (recorded live at the Belly Up Club, Solana, California in 1981), 2-16 (recorded during the #8 sessions)."
Mastered by Danny Purcell at Georgetown Mastering, Nashville, Tennessee and Gary Mayo at PolyGram Studios
Special thanks - Chris Ancliff, Barry Barnes, Paul Hussey, Margery Greenspan, Craig Benson, Mike Kappus, David Munns and Jerry Rappaport.
All songs published by Audigram Songs, Inc. (BMI) except Tracks 1-01 to 1-03, 1-06 published by Johnny Bienstock Music (BMI), Track 1-04 published by Warner/Tamerlane Publishing Co. (BMI), Tracks 2-17, 2-18, 2-20, 2-21, 2-24, 2-25 published by J.J. Cale Music (BMI) and Track 2-19 published by B.B. Gunn Music (BMI)
CDs "Made in the U.S.A.".
On CD1: "This compilation ℗ 1997 PolyGram International Music B.V.© 1997 PolyGram International Music B.V. All rights reserved. Unauthorized copying, hiring, lending, public performance and broadcasting of this recording prohibited BIEM/MCPS set No. 532 901-2. CD1. 532 902-2.
On CD2: [...] BIEM/MCPS set No. 532 901-2. CD2. 532 903-2".
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Disc 1): 314 532 902-2 02!
- Matrix / Runout (Disc 2): 314 532 903-2 01!
Other Versions (5 of 7) View All
|532 901-2||J.J. Cale||Anyway The Wind Blows - The Anthology (2xCD, Comp)||Mercury||532 901-2||Europe||1997||Sell This Version|
|532 901-2||J.J. Cale||Anyway The Wind Blows - The Anthology (2xCD, Comp)||Mercury||532 901-2||Canada||1997||Sell This Version|
|532 901-2||J.J. Cale||Anyway The Wind Blows - The Anthology (2xCD, Comp, Unofficial)||Mercury (2)||532 901-2||Russia||Unknown||Sell This Version|
|532 901-2||J.J. Cale||Anyway The Wind Blows - The Anthology (2xCD, Comp, Unofficial)||Mercury (2)||532 901-2||Bulgaria||Unknown||Sell This Version|
|532 901-2||J.J. Cale||Anyway The Wind Blows - The Anthology (2xCD, Comp, RP)||Mercury||532 901-2||UK & Europe||Unknown||Sell This Version|