Tracklist Hide Credits
Bass – Dominic DavisDrums – Daru JonesMandolin, Harmonica, Backing Vocals – Cory YountsOrgan [B3], Keyboards – Ikey Owens*Pedal Steel Guitar – Fats KaplinVocals, Piano – Jack White (2)Written By – Jack White/Blind Willie McTell
Bass – Dominic DavisDrums – Daru JonesFiddle – Fats KaplinSynth [Korg] – Cory YountsSynth [Moog] – Ikey Owens*Vocals, Electric Guitar – Jack White (2)
Bass – Catherine PopperDrums – Carla AzarFiddle, Backing Vocals – Lillie Mae RischePedal Steel Guitar – Maggie Björklund*Piano – Brooke WaggonerVocals, Acoustic Guitar – Jack White (2)
|A4||Would You Fight For My Love?
Backing Vocals – Ruby AmanfuDrum [African] – Olivia JeanDrums – Daru JonesDrums, Timpani – Carla AzarElectric Bass – Dominic DavisElectric Guitar – Dean FertitaElectric Upright Bass – Bryne Davies*Fiddle – Fats KaplinOrgan [B3], Electric Piano [Rhodes] – Ikey Owens*Piano – Cory YountsPiano, Organ [B3], Synth [Moog] – Brooke WaggonerVocals, Electric Guitar – Jack White (2)
|A5||High Ball Stepper
Backing Vocals, Tambourine – Ruby AmanfuBass – Catherine PopperDrums – Carla AzarElectric Guitar – Jack White (2)Fiddle – Lillie Mae RischePedal Steel Guitar – Maggie Björklund*Piano – Brooke Waggoner
Written-By [Uncredited] – Curtis Mayfield
|BA1||Just One Drink
Acoustic Guitar – Maggie Björklund*Backing Vocals – Joshua V. Smith, Ruby AmanfuBass – Catherine PopperDrums – Carla AzarFiddle – Lillie Mae RischePiano – Brooke WaggonerRecorded By [Assistant] – Joshua V. SmithVocals, Electric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar [Intro] – Jack White (2)
|BB1||Just One Drink
Acoustic Guitar – Maggie Björklund*Backing Vocals – Joshua V. Smith, Ruby AmanfuBass – Catherine PopperDrums – Carla AzarFiddle – Lillie Mae RischePiano – Brooke WaggonerRecorded By [Assistant] – Joshua V. SmithVocals, Electric Guitar – Jack White (2)
|B2||Alone In My Home
Backing Vocals – Lillie Mae RischeBacking Vocals, Shaker – Cory YountsDrums – Ben BlackwellElectric Bass, Electric Bass [VI] – Dominic DavisHarp – Timbre CierpkeMandolin – Fats KaplinPiano – Ikey Owens*Recorded By [Assistant] – Mindy WattsVocals, Acoustic Guitar, Maracas, Shaker – Jack White (2)
|B3||That Black Bat Licorice
Backing Vocals – Olivia Jean, Ruby AmanfuClavinet, Organ [Hammond] – Brooke WaggonerDrums – Patrick KeelerElectric Upright Bass – Bryne Davies*Fiddle, Mandolin – Fats KaplinHarp – Timbre CierpkeVocals, Electric Guitar, Percussion – Jack White (2)
Drums – Ben BlackwellElectric Upright Bass – Dominic DavisHarp – Timbre CierpkeMandolin, Backing Vocals – Cory YountsPedal Steel Guitar – Fats KaplinPiano – Ikey Owens*Vocals, Acoustic Guitar – Jack White (2)
|B5||I Think I Found The Culprit
Backing Vocals, Shaker – Ruby AmanfuBass – Catherine PopperDrums – Carla AzarFiddle, Mandolin – Lillie Mae RischeHarp – Timbre CierpkePedal Steel Guitar – Maggie Björklund*Piano – Brooke WaggonerVocals, Acoustic Guitar – Jack White (2)
|B6||Want And Able
Vocals, Acoustic Guitar, Piano – Jack White (2)
- Artwork [Hologram Track] – Tristan Duke
- Design, Layout – Jack White (2), Nathanio Strimpopulos
- Edited By [Additional] – Lars Fox
- Management – Ian Montone
- Mastered By – Bob Ludwig
- Mixed By – Jack White (2), Joshua V. Smith
- Photography By – Mary Ellen Matthews
- Photography By [Additional] – Lewis Hine
- Producer – Jack White III*
- Recorded By – Joshua V. Smith (tracks: A1 to A5, B2 to B6), Vance Powell (tracks: A1, A4, BA1, BB1, B3, B5)
- Recorded By [Assistant] – Joshua V. Smith (tracks: A1, A4, BA1, BB1, B3, B5), Mindy Watts (tracks: A1 to A3, A5, B2, B4)
- Written-By – Blind Willie McTell (tracks: A1), Jack White III*
· Tracks A6 and B7 are locked grooves featuring elements from their respective previous tracks. "High Ball Stepper" doesn't end with a faded-out distortion as in the digital versions, it is locked instead.
· Tracks A7 and B8 are hidden tracks pressed on their sides' labels, and play at 78 RPM and 45 RPM respectively, thus making the LP a three speed record.
· Side A's groove is inverted and plays from the inside out.
· "Just One Drink" consists of two different intros, each in its own groove, with both connecting at the body of the song. BA1 is acoustic, BB1 is electric.
· Side B has a matte finish, giving the appearance of an un-played 78 RPM record.
· Vinyl is pressed in flat-edged format.
· Dead wax area on Side A contains a hand-etched hologram by Tristan Duke of Infinity Light Science, the first of its kind on a vinyl record.
· Tracks B3 and B4 are swapped in comparison to the digital editions, and B2 features a slightly longer intro.
· The vinyl was mastered entirely from analog sources with no additional compression used.
Tracks A1 to A5 and BA1/BB1 to B6 are listed continuously from 1 to 11 and play at 33 ⅓ RPM.
Track A7 is an uncredited reworking of 'Pusherman', originally by Curtis Mayfield.
Durations unlisted, approximates obtained by digitizing the vinyl audio.
Jacket features Soft Touch aqueous coating. Record comes in die-cut black paper poly sleeve. Also included are an insert with lyrics and credits, and a digital download card for the album in MP3 format, which also shows info about the hologram.
Some copies have the same label on both sides of record.
Published by Third String Tunes (BMI)
Recorded at Third Man Studio in Nashville, TN 2012-2014
Mastered by Bob Ludwig at Gateway Mastering Studios in Portland, ME
Additional Photography: Lewis Hine, Courtesy of the National Archives and Records Administration (photo no. 102-LH-1919)
Jack White is exclusively managed by Ian Montone at Monotone, Inc.
Lazaretto is dedicated to: Florence Green, Voltairine de Cleyre, and Amazing Grace Hopper
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Sticker): 8 88430 63981 2
- Matrix / Runout (B side etched): TMR • 271 - B KITCHEN SINK XI
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 1: B side etched): TMR • 271 - B KITCHEN SINK
Other Versions (5 of 16) View All
|MR 5682-2||Jack White (2)||Lazaretto (CD, Album)||Moon Records (2)||MR 5682-2||Ukraine||2014||Sell This Version|
|88843063982||Jack White (2)||Lazaretto (CD, Album, Dig)||Columbia, Sony Music||88843063982||Brazil||2014||Sell This Version|
|TMR-271||Jack White (2)||Lazaretto (LP, Album, Etch, Ltd, Blu)||Third Man Records||TMR-271||US||2014||Sell This Version|
|88843 06398 2||Jack White (2)||Lazaretto (CD, Album, Dig)||Third Man Records, Columbia||88843 06398 2||Colombia||2014||Sell This Version|
|TMR-271||Jack White (2)||Lazaretto (11xFile, MP3, Album, 320)||Third Man Records||TMR-271||US||2014|