Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||Running On Empty
Written-By – Jackson Browne
Written-By – Danny O'Keefe
Vocals [Harmony] – Doug Haywood, Joel BernsteinWritten-By – Donald Miller (2), Jackson Browne
|A4||You Love The Thunder
Written-By – Jackson Browne
Lyrics By [Additional] – Glenn Frey, Jackson BrowneWritten-By – Rev. Gary Davis
Vocals [Harmony] – Jackson BrowneWritten-By – Daniel Kortchmar*
|B2||Love Needs A Heart
Written-By – Jackson Browne, Lowell George, Valerie Carter
|B3||Nothing But Time
Snare, Hihat, Drums [Cardboard Box With Foot Pedal] – Russell*Written-By – Howard Burke, Jackson Browne
Written-By – Bryan Garofalo, Jackson Browne
Vocals [Rare Vocal Appearance] – David LindleyWritten-By – Maurice Williams
- Art Direction, Design – Jimmy Wachtel
- Bass – Leland Sklar
- Coordinator [Tour Booked By] – Peter Golden
- Crew [Bus Driver] – Thomas Gustaferro
- Crew [House Mixer] – Jim Bornhorst
- Crew [Monitor Mixer] – Bill "Doc" Gans, Rance Caldwell
- Crew [Road] – Bill Thompson (8), Ed Kolakowski, Eric Deterding, Jan Alahandro, Michael Deterding
- Crew [Truck Driver] – Byron Lisenbee, Jimmy Deluca, Mike "Mountain Boy" Rogers
- Drums – Russell Kunkel*
- Engineer – Greg Ladanyi
- Engineer [Assisted On Hotel And Bus Recordings] – David Hewitt, Mark Salwasser, Norman Mershan*
- Engineer [Assisted On Stage Recordings] – Russell Schmitt, Tom Walsh (3)
- Fiddle, Steel Guitar [Lap Steel] – David Lindley
- Guitar [Guitars] – Danny Kortchmar
- Keyboards – Craig Doerge
- Lighting [Lighting Crew] – Alan Owen (2), Jim Waits, Kevin Di Piazza
- Mastered By – Bernie Grundman
- Mixed By [Assisted By] – Dennis Kirk, George Ybarra
- Other [Spasmodic Woman] – Joann Madden
- Other [The Kid] – Steven Deluca
- Photography By [Where Noted] – Aaron Rapoport
- Photography By, Photography By [Tour Photographer] – Joel Bernstein
- Production Manager – Donald "Buddha" Miller*
- Production Manager [Tour Manager] – Howard Burke
- Technician [Technical Advisor] – Chris Cabral
- Technician [Thanks To] – Dave Hassinger, Jim Nipar
- Vocals [Singers] – Doug Haywood, Rosemary Butler
- Vocals, Guitar, Piano, Producer – Jackson Browne
Full-size booklet included
A1, B4: Recorded live on stage at Merriweather Post Pavilion, Columbia, Maryland — 8/27/77.
A2: Recorded in room 301 at the Cross Keys Inn, Columbia, Maryland — 8/27/77 (thanks to Pete Wiley); and on stage at the Garden State Arts Center, Holmdale, New Jersey — 9/7/77. For Judy.
A3: Recorded backstage in the big rehearsal room at Saratoga Performing Arts Center, Sarasota Springs, New York — 9/1/77.
A4: Recorded live on stage at the Garden State Arts Center, Holmdale, New Jersey — 9/6/77.
A5: Recorded in room 124 at the Holiday Inn, Edwardsville, Illinois — 8/17/77.
B1: Recorded in room 124 at the Holiday Inn, Edwardsville, Illinois — 8/18/77.
B2: Recorded live at the Universal Ampitheatre, Universal City, California — 9/17/77.
B3: Recorded on a bus (a Continental Silver Eagle) somewhere in New Jersey — 9/8/77.
Assistance on stage recordings used Showco's 24-track Studer.
Assistance on hotel & bus recordings used N.Y.C. Record Plant's remote truck.
Mixed at Sound Factory, L. A., using the Aphex.
Mastered at A&M.
Lights & Sound by Showco.
Piano supplied by Sound Productions.
Tour booked by Peter Golden for the Wm. Morris Agency.
Many thanks to Elizabeth Reynolds. Thanks always to David Geffen.
℗ & © 1977 Elektra/Asylum Records • A division of Warner Communications Inc.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (A - Label): 6E-113-A SP
- Matrix / Runout (A - Runout): 6E-113 A-12 RE SP SRC (stylized stamp)
- Matrix / Runout (B - Label): 6E-113-B SP
- Matrix / Runout (B - Runout): 6E-113 B-1 SP 1- SRC (stylized stamp)
- Matrix / Runout ( Variation: Side A): 6Z-113 A-7 RE RE SP
- Matrix / Runout ( Variation 2: Side A): 6E-113 A-18 RE SP SRC (stylized stamp) 1-2 SMI-1
- Matrix / Runout ( Variation 2: Side B): 6E-113 B-10 SP (SP Scratched Out) -6 SRC (stylized stamp)
Other Versions (5 of 100) View All
|6E-113||Jackson Browne||Running On Empty (LP, Album, PRC)||Asylum Records||6E-113||US||1977||Sell This Version|
|K53070||Jackson Browne||Running On Empty (LP, RE, Sup)||Asylum Records, Nimbus Records||K53070||UK||1985||Sell This Version|
|ET8 113||Jackson Browne||Running On Empty (8-Trk, Album, Yel)||Asylum Records||ET8 113||Canada||1977||Sell This Version|
|7559-60325-2||Jackson Browne||Running On Empty (CD, Album, RE, RM)||Asylum Records||7559-60325-2||Europe||2003||Sell This Version|
|53 070||Jackson Browne||Running On Empty (LP, Album)||Asylum Records||53 070||France||1977||Sell This Version|