Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||Running On Empty
Written-By – Jackson Browne
Written-By – Danny O'Keefe
Harmony Vocals – Doug Haywood, Joel BernsteinWritten-By – Donald Miller (2), Jackson Browne
|A4||You Love The Thunder
Written-By – Jackson Browne
Lyrics By [Additional] – Glenn Frey, Jackson BrowneWritten-By – Rev. Gary Davis
Written-By, Harmony Vocals – Daniel Kortchmar*
|B2||Love Needs A Heart
Written-By – Jackson Browne, Lowell George, Valerie Carter
|B3||Nothing But Time
Snare, Hihat, Other [Cardboard Box With Foot Pedal] – Russell*Written-By – Howard Burke, Jackson Browne
Written-By – Bryan Garofalo, Jackson Browne
Vocals [Rare Vocal Appearance] – David LindleyWritten-By – Maurice Williams
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Elektra/Asylum Records
- Copyright (c) – Elektra/Asylum Records
- Made By – WEA Musik GmbH
- Recorded At – Merriweather Post Pavilion
- Recorded At – Garden State Arts Center
- Recorded At – Saratoga Performing Arts Center
- Recorded At – Universal Amphitheatre
- Mixed At – The Sound Factory
- Copyright (c) – Swallow Turn Music
- Copyright (c) – Warner-Tamerlane Publishing Corp.
- Copyright (c) – Road Canon Music
- Copyright (c) – Chandos Music
- Copyright (c) – Kortchmar Music
- Copyright (c) – Vanilla Grits Music
- Copyright (c) – Gianni Music
- Copyright (c) – Cherio Corp.
- Published By – Wb Music Corp.
- Mastered At – A&M Mastering Studios
- Lacquer Cut At – Strawberry Mastering
- Pressed By – Record Service GmbH
- Art Direction, Design – Jimmy Wachtel
- Bass – Leland Sklar
- Drums – Russel Kunkel*
- Engineer – Greg Ladanyi
- Fiddle, Steel Guitar [Lapsteel] – David Lindley
- Guitar – Danny Kortchmar
- Guitar, Piano, Vocals – Jackson Browne
- Keyboards – Craig Doerge
- Mastered By – Bernie Grundman
- Photography By – Joel Bernstein
- Photography By [Where Noted] – Aaron Rapoport
- Producer – Jackson Browne
- Vocals – Doug Haywood, Rosemary Butler
Made in Germany by WEA Musik GmbH
A1, B4: Recorded live on stage at Merriweather Post Pavilion, Columbia, Maryland - 8/27/77.
A2: Recorded in room 301 at the Cross Keys Inn, Columbia, Maryland - 8/27/77 (thanks to Pete Wiley); and on stage at the Garden State Arts Center, Holmdale, New Jersey - 9/7/77. For Judy.
A3: Recorded backstage in the big rehearsal room at Saratoga Performing Arts Center, Sarasota Springs, New York - 9/1/77.
A4: Recorded live on stage at the Garden State Arts Center, Holmdale, New Jersey - 9/6/77.
A5: Recorded in room 124 at the Holiday Inn, Edwardsville, Illinois - 8/17/77.
B1: Recorded in room 124 at the Holiday Inn, Edwardsville, Illinois - 8/18/77.
B2: Recorded live at the Universal Amphitheatre, Universal City, California - 9/17/77.
B3: Recorded on a bus (a Continental Silver Eagle) somewhere in New Jersey - 9/8/77.
Assistance on stage recordings used Showco's 24-track Studer.
Assistance on hotel & bus recordings used N.Y.C. Record Plant's remote truck.
Mixed at Sound Factory, L. A., using the Aphex.
Mastered at A&M.
Lights & Sound by Showco.
Piano supplied by Sound Productions.
Tour booked by Peter Golden for the Wm. Morris Agency.
Many thanks to Elizabeth Reynolds. Thanks always to David Geffen.
Tracks A1, A3, A4, B3 © Copyright 1977 Swallow Turn Music ASCAP. All rights administered by WB Music Corp.
Track A2 © Copyright 1971 Warner-Tamerlane Publishing Corp. and Road Canon Music BMI.All rights administered by Warner-Tamerlane Publishing Corp.
Track A5 © 1968 Chandos Music ASCAP.
Track B1 © 1977 Kortchmar Music ASCAP.
Track B2 © Copyright 1977 Swallow Tune Music ASCAP, Naked Snake Music BMI & Vanilla Grits Music BMI. All rights administered on behalf of Swallow Tune Music by WB Music Corp.
Track B4 © Copyright 1977 Swallow Turn Music ASCAP & Gianni Music BMI. All rights administered by WB Music on behalf of Swallow Turn Music. All rights administered by Warner-Tamerlane Publishing Corp. on behalf of Gianni Music.
Track B5 © Copyright 1960 Cherio Corp. BMI.
Craig Doerge, Russell Kunkell, Leland Sklar, and Danny Kortchmar appear courtesy of The Section and Capitol Records. Danny Kortchmar also appears courtesy of Dark Horse Records.
℗ & © 1977 Elektra/Asylum Records
There are almost similar German (GEMA) releases with same catalog#, only with small differences:
Release 4931554 - Only Z distribution code, side# written as "ONE / TWO"
Release 8873359 - Distribution codes Z & WE 351, side# written as "ONE / TWO" [CURRENTLY VIEWED VERSION]
Release 2133000 - Distribution codes Z & WE 351, side# written as "1 / 2"
Later releases are distributed in whole EU (GEMA/Biem), have label code on bottom position on label (DE have it on top right) - and all with G & WE321 distribution code:
Release 1040721 - AS 53 070 on label
Release 8722837 - K 53 070 on label. Label variant to 4774630: Position of cat# more left, centered above label code.
Release 4774630 - K 53 070 on label. WEA Top30. Label var. to 8722837: Pos. of cat# more right, almost in one line with label code.
Release 6905163 - K 53 070 on label, side# positioned on right on label (before: left), BIEM written capitalized (before: Biem). This release has a barcode.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Rights Society: GEMA
- Label Code: LC 2648
- Matrix / Runout (Label side A): 6 E-113-A
- Matrix / Runout (Label side B): 6 E-113-B
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side A): · STRAWBERRY (C) · R/S Alsdorf 53070 A4
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side B): · STRAWBERRY (C) · R/S Alsdorf 53070 B2 XX
- Other (Distibution Code): France: WE 351
- Other (Price Code): Ⓩ
Other Versions (5 of 109) View All
|6E-113||Jackson Browne||Running On Empty (LP, Album, PRC)||Asylum Records||6E-113||US||1977||Sell This Version|
|K53070||Jackson Browne||Running On Empty (LP, RE, Sup)||Asylum Records, Nimbus Records||K53070||UK||1985||Sell This Version|
|ET8 113||Jackson Browne||Running On Empty (8-Trk, Album, Yel)||Asylum Records||ET8 113||Canada||1977||Sell This Version|
|7559-60325-2||Jackson Browne||Running On Empty (CD, Album, RE, RM)||Asylum Records||7559-60325-2||Europe||2003||Sell This Version|
|53 070||Jackson Browne||Running On Empty (LP, Album)||Asylum Records||53 070||France||1977||Sell This Version|