Tracklist Hide Credits
- Coordinator [Project Coordination] – Terri Tierney
- Design [Package Design] – Smay Vision
- Engineer [Additional] – Steven Fallone*
- Engineer [Original] – Bob Both, Lowell Dorn, Ron Lenhoff
- Executive-Producer – Bill Levenson
- Liner Notes [Essay & Track Annotation], Compilation Producer – Alan Leeds
- Liner Notes, Compilation Producer – Harry Weinger
- Mixed By – Dennis Drake (tracks: 1-6), Joseph M. Palmaccio (tracks: 1-1), Suha Gur (tracks: 2-3), Tim Rogers (tracks: 1-6)
- Other [Project Assistance] – Catherine Ladis
- Producer, Vocals – James Brown
- Remastered By [Digitally] – Gary N. Mayo*
- Written-By – James Brown (tracks: 1-1 to 1-8, 1-10, 1-11, 1-13 to 2-13)
Track 1-1 taken from the Escape-ism single and Hot Pants album.
Track 1-2 taken from the Hot Pants single.
Track 1-3 taken from the I'm A Greedy Man single and There It Is album.
Track 1-4 taken from the Make It Funky single (parts 1 & 2) , and My Part / Make It Funky (Part 3/ Part 4) single and Get On The Good Foot album (parts 3 & 4).
Track 1-5 taken from the King Heroin single and There It Is album.
Track 1-6 taken from the I Got Ants In My Pants (And I Want To Dance) single.
Track 1-7 taken from the There It Is single and There It Is album.
Track 1-8 taken from the There It Is single and Get On The Good Foot album.
Track 1-9 is a previously unreleased complete version. The 3.57 version was released on the Bodyheat album.
Track 1-10 taken from the I Got A Bag Of My Own single and Get On The Good Foot album. It is unknown which one of the Acoustic Guitarists played on the track.
Track 1-11 is a previously unreleased version with spoken intro. The version with edited intro was released on the Down And Out In New York City single and the Black Caesar (Original Soundtrack). It is unknown which one of the Acoustic Guitarists played on the track.
Track 1-12 taken from the Think / Something single. It is unknown which one of the Guitarists played on the track.
Track 1-13 is a previously unreleased version. The 0.22 portion was released as an interlude on the Fred Wesley & The JB's album Damn Right I Am Somebody.
Track 2-1 taken from the The Payback single and the The Payback album.
Track 2-2 taken from the Stone To The Bone single and the The Payback album.
Track 2-3 is a previously unreleased alternate version.
Track 2-4 is a previously unreleased performance, from the same session track 2-3.
Track 2-5 taken from the Papa Don't Take No Mess single and the Hell album.
Track 2-6 is a previously unreleased undubbed version issued with percussion overdubs on the Hell album.
Track 2-7 taken from the Hell album.
Track 2-8 taken from the My Thang single and the Hell album.
Track 2-9 is a previously unreleased original speed master. The sped-up version was issued on the Funky President (People It's Bad) single and the Reality album.
Track 2-10 taken from the Sex Machine Today album.
Track 2-11 taken from the Sex Machine Today album.
Track 2-12 taken from the Everybody's Doin' The Hustle & Dead On The Double Bump album.
Track 2-13 is a previously unreleased version.
℗©1996 PolyGram Records, Inc. Manufactured and Marketed by A & M Records, Inc.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 7 31453-3052-2
- Other (CD 1): 31453 3053-2
- Other (CD 2): 31453 3054-2
- Matrix / Runout (CD 1): 31453 3053-2 03!
- Matrix / Runout (CD 2): 31453 3054-2 02@
- Other (Number on back of slipcase): 0704
Other Versions (3 of 3) View All
|POCP-1617/8||James Brown||Make It Funky (The Big Payback: 1971-1975) (2xCD, Comp, RM)||Polydor, Chronicles||POCP-1617/8||Japan||1996||Sell This Version|
|533 052-2||James Brown||Make It Funky (The Big Payback: 1971-1975) (2xCD, Comp, RM)||Polydor||533 052-2||Europe||1996||Sell This Version|
|31453 3052-2, D214192||James Brown||Make It Funky (The Big Payback: 1971-1975) (2xCD, Comp)||Polydor, Chronicles, BMG Direct Marketing, Inc.||31453 3052-2, D214192||US||1996||Sell This Version|