- Cover, Photography By [Cover Photo] – Chuck Stewart
- Design [Album] – Dan Quest, Hal Neely
- Featuring – Lloyd Stallworth*, Bobby Bennett (2), Bobby Byrd, Gorgeous Tammy Montgomery*, The Famous Flames, His Band*, Yvonne Fair
- Liner Notes – Hal Neely
- Liner Notes [Statistics] – Leon Fisher (2)
- Organ – James Brown
- Producer – Gene Redd, James Brown, Sydney Nathan*
- Recorded By [Audio] – Chuck Seitz, Hal Neely, Ron Linhoff*
"This is not a sequel, not a follow up — this is an all new album, recorded live by James Brown and his entire show ... This is James Brown ... James Brown And The Famous Flames ... along with his band, his singers, his fans."
"The King recording team travelled from Cincinnati to Baltimore and recorded the entire James Brown Show using Ampex 350-2 stereo tape machines, ten microphones, and a specially built recording control, panel."
Title on the front cover: "Pure Dynamite!".
Title on the spine: "James Brown Live At The Royal".
Title on the labels: "Pure Dynamite".
Subtitle on the front cover: "All New! Recorded On The Spot The Dynamic James Brown On The Stage At The Famous Royal Theater".
Subtitle on the labels: "All New! Recorded On The Spot. The Dynamic James Brown On The Stage At The Famous Royal Theater, Baltimore, Maryland.".
Catalog number on the jacket and the labels: "883"
Catalog number on the spine: "KING 883"
The track titles are only printed on the interior of the gatefold jacket and is unnumbered.
This version can be distinguished by the front cover, which unlike the other mono version, does have 'This Album Contains: Oh Baby Don't You Weep / Please, Please, Please' in a white box on left but is a gatefold sleeve on which the back cover, which has an image of James Brown along with a note written by Hal Neely titled "Mr. Dynamite" instead of the graphic depicting various album covers found on the other version.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Label side A): K-12-883-A
- Matrix / Runout (Label side B): K-12-883-B
- Matrix / Runout (Run-out area side A [hand-etched]): K-12-883-A-2
- Matrix / Runout (Run-out area side B [hand-etched]): K-12-883-B-2
Other Versions (5 of 20) View All
|883, KING 883||James Brown||Pure Dynamite! Live At The Royal (LP, Album, Gat)||King Records (3), King Records (3)||883, KING 883||US||1964||Sell This Version|
|883||James Brown||Pure Dynamite! Live At The Royal (LP, Promo, Gat)||King Records (3)||883||US||1964||Sell This Version|
|883||James Brown||Pure Dynamite! Live At The Royal (LP, Mono)||King Records (3)||883||US||1964||Sell This Version|
|UICY-77130||James Brown||Pure Dynamite! Live At The Royal (CD, Album, Ltd, RE, RM)||Polydor||UICY-77130||Japan||2015||Sell This Version|
|POCP-1850||James Brown||Pure Dynamite! Live At The Royal (CD, Mono)||Polydor||POCP-1850||Japan||Unknown||Sell This Version|