Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||The Loss Adjuster (Excerpt 1)
Bass – Steve MackeyGuitar – Richard HawleyPiano – Jarvis Cocker
|2||Don't Let Him Waste Your Time
Bass – Steve MackeyDrums – Ross OrtonHarmony Vocals – Antony GennKeyboards [Additional] – Graham SuttonLap Steel Guitar, Electric Guitar – Richard HawleyLead Vocals, Backing Vocals, Electric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Synthesizer [Synth Brass] – Jarvis CockerPercussion – Alasdair MalloyPiano, Saxophone – Martin Slattery
Bass – Steve MackeyBells [Hand Bells], Percussion – Alasdair MalloyDrums, Timpani – Ross OrtonElectric Guitar – Richard HawleyLead Vocals, Backing Vocals, Electric Guitar, Synthesizer [Roland SH1000], Bells [Tubular Bells], Bells [Hand Bells] – Jarvis CockerSynthesizer [Wasp] – Jason Buckle*Written-By – Steve Mackey
Bass – Steve MackeyDrums – Ross OrtonEffects [Storm Recording] – Richard B HumphriesLead Vocals, Backing Vocals, Acoustic Guitar, Guitar [Tremelo], Organ [Hammond] – Jarvis CockerPercussion, Rainstick [Rainmaker] – Alasdair MalloyTwelve-String Guitar [Electric] – Richard Hawley
|5||I Will Kill Again
Arranged By [Choral & String Arrangement] – Philip SheppardLead Vocals, Piano, Flute [Mellotron Flute], Synthesizer [Memory Moog] – Jarvis Cocker
|6||Baby's Coming Back To Me
Lead Vocals, Glockenspiel, Acoustic Guitar – Jarvis CockerMarimba, Congas, Percussion, Arranged By [Tuned Percussion Arrangement] – Alasdair MalloyPercussion [Guitar Case, Egg], Acoustic Guitar – Ross OrtonPiano, Vibraphone, Percussion [Brushes], Acoustic Guitar, Harmony Vocals – Richard HawleyVibraphone [Electric], Acoustic Guitar – Steve Mackey
Bass – Steve MackeyDrums – Ross OrtonGuitar [Hoover] – Richard HawleyLead Vocals, Backing Vocals, Electric Guitar [Del Rey], Keyboards [Clavioline], Synthesizer [Solina String Ensemble], Bass [6 String] – Jarvis Cocker
|8||From Auschwitz To Ipswich
Bass – Steve MackeyDrums – Ross OrtonElectric Guitar – Richard HawleyLead Vocals, Backing Vocals, Electric Guitar, Vibraphone, Synthesizer [Roland SH1000, Solina String Ensemble] – Jarvis Cocker
Arranged By [String & Choral Arrangement] – Philip SheppardBass – Steve MackeyDrums, Timpani – Ross OrtonGuitar [Baritone, Ring] – Richard HawleyLead Vocals, Backing Vocals, Piano – Jarvis Cocker
Bass – Steve MackeyDrums – Ross OrtonElectric Guitar, Guitar [Hawaiian] – Richard HawleyGlockenspiel, Percussion – Alasdair MalloyKeyboards [Cruise Liner Keyboard] – Jason Buckle*Lead Vocals, Backing Vocals, Acoustic Guitar – Jarvis Cocker
Arranged By [String Arrangement] – Graham Sutton, Philip SheppardBass – Steve MackeyDrums – Ross OrtonGuitar [Hawaiian], Lyre [Enchanted Lyre], Celesta [Celeste] – Richard HawleyLead Vocals, Piano – Jarvis Cocker
|12||The Loss Adjuster (Excerpt 2)
Bass – Steve MackeyGuitar – Richard HawleyPiano – Jarvis Cocker
Arranged By [String Arrangement] – Graham Sutton, Philip SheppardLead Vocals, Backing Vocals, Acoustic Guitar, Vocoder [Roland Vocoder Plus] – Jarvis Cocker
|13.3||Cunts Are Still Running The World||4:46|
|Video||Don't Let Him Waste Your Time||4:06|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Rough Trade Records Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Rough Trade Records Ltd.
- Published By – Warner Chappell Music
- Manufactured By – World's Fair Label Group, Inc.
- Marketed By – World's Fair Label Group, Inc.
- Recorded At – Yellow Arch Studios
- Recorded At – K.P.I Studio
- Recorded At – Studios De La Seine
- Recorded At – Angel Studios
- Mixed At – Miloco Studios
- Mixed At – Strongroom
- Mastered At – Metropolis Mastering
- Cello – Adrian Bradbury, David Cohen (2), Jonathan Williams (4), Stephen Orton
- Choir – Alexandra Gibson, Andrew Busher, Emer McParland, Emma Brain-Gabbott*, Ildiko Allen, Julia Doyle, Margaret Cameron, Robert Johnston (2)
- Design – Jarvis Cocker, The Designers Republic
- Double Bass – Chris Laurence, Stephen Mair*
- Engineer – Graham Sutton, Robbie Nelson (2)
- Engineer [Assistant At Angel] – Mat Bartram
- Engineer [Assistant At K.P.I.] – Mike Timm
- Engineer [Assistant At Les Studios De La Seine] – Sebastien Gohier*
- Engineer [Assistant At Mayfair] – Andrew Rugg, Simon Hayes
- Engineer [Assistant At Miloco] – Adrian Breakspear, Joe Hirst, Mark Bishop
- Engineer [Assistant At The Strongroom] – Lee Slater, Neil Comber
- Engineer [Assistant At Yellow Arch] – Colin Elliot, Liam Walsh
- Engineer [Strings & Choral Sessions] – Phill Brown
- Mastered By – Tim Young
- Mixed By – Graham Sutton
- Musical Assistance [Assistant To Philip Sheppard] – Peter Gregson, Roberto Borzoni
- Photography By [Jarvis Photographed By] – Serge Leblon
- Producer – Graham Sutton, Jarvis Cocker
- Viola – William Hawkes*, Bob Smissen, Catherine Bradshaw, Jane Atkins, Richard Nelson (6)
- Violin – Amanda Smith, Celia Sheen, David Juritz, Harriet Davies, Harvey De Souza, Janice Graham, Jo Godden, Julian Leaper, Julian Tear, Martin Burgess, Simon Smith (6), Steve Morris, Takane Funatsu
- Written-By – Jarvis Cocker
Track 3, "Black Magic", contains a sample from "Crimson & Clover" (Tommy James / Pete Lucia), EMI Music Publishing, recorded by Tommy James & The Shondells (Roulette / Rhino Records).
Track 11, "Big Julie", has a short isolated clip of Carson McCullers reading from her book 'The Member Of The Wedding' from her spoken word album 'The Member Of The Wedding And Other Works' as an intro. MGM Records (Arcady Series) E3619 ARC (1958).
Tracks 1, 3, 4, 6, 9, 11 to 13.1 recorded at Yellow Arch Studios, Sheffield.
Tracks 2, 7, 8 & 10 recorded at K.P.I. Studios, Sheffield.
Track 5 recorded at Yellow Arch Studios, Sheffield & Les Studios de la Seine, Paris.
Tracks 5, 9, 11 & 13.1: Strings recorded at Angel Studios, London.
Mixed at Miloco Studios, London & The Strongroom Studios, London.
Most vocals recorded at Les Studios de la Seine, Paris.
℗ & © 2007 Rough Trade Recordings
Printed on disc:
On the use of this album.
Jarvis should not be used as a sedative or an accompaniement to exercise.
You may sit if you wish - kneeling is really not necessary.
Jarvis can be broken into convenient bite-size pieces but probably works best when swallowed whole.
Do not adjust your tone control, it's meant to sound like that. It's not LoFi or HiFi - it's MyFi and hopefully YourFi, too.
A song isn't really a song until somebody hears it - so thanks for listening.
Remember! As always, please do not read the words whilst listening to the recordings.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 805551050128
- Matrix / Runout: M 7301 805551050128 E70305-12
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI L383
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 6100
Other Versions (5 of 11) View All
|RTRADCD340||Jarvis*||The Jarvis Cocker Record (CD, Album)||Rough Trade||RTRADCD340||UK||2006||Sell This Version|
|SINCD 218||Jarvis*||The Jarvis Cocker Record (CD, Album)||Sinnamon Records||SINCD 218||Spain||2006||Sell This Version|
|SDX 28252||Jarvis*||The Jarvis Cocker Record (CD, Album)||Rough Trade, Noiselab||SDX 28252||Mexico||2007||Sell This Version|
|RTRACD30/LC 11945 3120592||Jarvis Cocker||The Jarvis Cocker Record (CD)||Rough Trade Records||RTRACD30/LC 11945 3120592||France||2006||Sell This Version|
|RTRADCD340||Jarvis*||The Jarvis Cocker Record (CD, Album)||Rough Trade||RTRADCD340||Australia||2006||Sell This Version|