Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||Welcome 2 Detroit|
|A2||Y'all Ain't Ready|
Instruments [All Other] – James YanceyKeyboards, Trumpet – Dwelle*Trombone – Dwelle's BrotherWritten-By – L. Mizell*, Mjabi*, Sigidi
Co-producer – Jay DeeFeaturing – Blu*Producer – Karriem Riggins
|B1||Come Get It
Featuring – Elzhi
Featuring [Uncredited] – Frank-N-Dank
|B3||B.B.E. (Big Booty Express)|
Featuring – Beej
|C1||Brazillian Groove (EWF)
Claves – Frank BushInstruments [All Other] – James YanceyKeyboards, Guitar [Lead] – Dwelle*
|C2||It's Like That
Featuring – Hodge Podge, Lacks
|C3||Give It Up|
|C4||Rico Suave Bossa Nova
Claves – Frank BushDrums, Percussion – Karriem RigginsInstruments [All Other] – James Yancey
|D1||Featuring Phat Kat
Featuring – Phat Kat
|D2||Shake It Down|
Written-By – Plunky Branch*
- Recorded At – Pay-J Studios
- Recorded At – Studio A, Dearborn Heights, MI
- Mixed At – Studio A, Dearborn Heights, MI
- Mastered At – Heathmans Mastering
- Lacquer Cut At – masterpiece
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Barely Breaking Music
- Copyright (c) – Barely Breaking Even Records
- Pressed By – Schallplattenfabrik Pallas GmbH – 18338
- Pressed By – Schallplattenfabrik Pallas GmbH – 18339
- Art Direction, Design – Thomas 'Badshoes' McCallion*
- Artwork, Photography By – Dave Jewell, Vincent McDonald*
- Drums [Live] – Karriem Riggins
- Engineer – J-Dilla*
- Engineer, Mixed By – Todd Fairall
- Executive-Producer – James 'J-Dilla' Yancey*, Lee 'Scratch' Bright*, Peter 'Monty Burns' Adarkwah*
- Executive-Producer [Co] – Timotheous Entertainment
- Keyboards [Live], Trumpet, Electric Piano [Fender Rhodes], Bass Guitar – Dwelle*
- Lacquer Cut By – Walter Coelho
- Management [Project Direction] – Lee Bright, Peter Adarkwah
- Mastered By – Shawn Joseph
- Mixed By – James "J-Dilla" Yancey*
- Producer – James Yancey (tracks: A1 to A3, B1 to D4)
- Trombone [Live] – Little Brother Antwan Gardner*
- The original comes in a thicker sleeve with a course, grey inside. The repress has a smooth white inside.
- The black box at the top right corner of the sleeve is a sticker on the original. It is printed on the repress.
- The original comes with printed inner sleeves. This repress has plain white paper inner sleeves and a double sided printed insert with album credits.
- Different runout etchings.
- No distribution company info mentioned on back of sleeve of repress.
All songs produced for Pay-J Productions except: The Clapper produced by Karriem Riggins (ASCAP), Karriem Riggins Music, co-produced for Pay-J Music (ASCAP), Polygram Universal Publishing.
Dwele appears courtesy (Timotheous Entertainment/Virgin Records).
Vinyl mastering at Masterpiece by Walter Coelho.
℗ Barely Breaking Even Music 2001. © Barely Breaking Even Records 2001.
Made in Germany.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 8 01647 12011 9
- Label Code: LC15287
- Matrix / Runout (Side A runout, etched): BBE BG LP 001 A² -18338-
- Matrix / Runout (Side B runout, etched): BBE BG LP 001 B² -18338-
- Matrix / Runout (Side C runout, etched): BBE BG LP 001 C² -18339-
- Matrix / Runout (Side D runout, etched): BBE BG LP 001 D² -18339-
Other Versions (5 of 15) View All
|BBEBG001, BBEBGCD001||Jay Dee aka J Dilla||Jay Dee aka J Dilla - Welcome 2 Detroit (CD, Album, Dig)||BBE, BBE||BBEBG001, BBEBGCD001||UK||2001||Sell This Version|
|BBEBGCDI001||Jay Dee aka J Dilla||Jay Dee aka J Dilla - Welcome 2 Detroit Instrumental (CD, Album)||BBE||BBEBGCDI001||UK||2005||Sell This Version|
|BBEBGLP001||Jay Dee aka J Dilla||Jay Dee aka J Dilla - Welcome 2 Detroit (2xLP, Album, Ltd, RE, Cle)||BBE||BBEBGLP001||US||2018||Sell This Version|
|BBEBGLP001||Jay Dee||Welcome 2 Detroit Instrumental (2xLP, Album)||BBE||BBEBGLP001||Europe||Unknown||Sell This Version|
|BBEBGLP001||Jay Dee aka J Dilla||Jay Dee aka J Dilla - Welcome 2 Detroit (2xLP, Album)||BBE||BBEBGLP001||UK & US||2001||Sell This Version|