Tracklist Hide Credits
Fishing Junks At Sunset
Conductor – Huang FeiliMusical Assistance [Artistic Collaboration] – Mrs. Li Meng*, Mr. Wang Zhi*Orchestra – The Peking Conservatoire Symphony Orchestra
|B2||Band In The Rain||1:21|
|C2||Magnetic Fields I||0:21|
|C3||Magnetic Fields III||3:50|
|C4||Magnetic Fields IV||10:37|
|D1||Night In Shanghai||7:01|
|D2||The Last Rumba||2:12|
|D3||Magnetic Fields II||6:16|
|D4||Souvenir Of China||3:59|
- Composed By, Producer, Synthesizer [Fairlight, OBX A, Taurus, AKS, VCS 3, Electroharmonix Micro Synthesizer], MIDI Controller [Laser Harp], Organ [Eminent, Elka], Drum Machine [Lynn Drum], Mixed By – Jean-Michel Jarre
- Design [Record Cover Designed By, Graphic Design] – Kate Hepburn
- Engineer [Foldback Mixing] – Patrick Clerc
- Engineer [Out-front Mixing] – Michel Geiss, Philippe Latron
- Film Director – Andrew Piddington
- Lighting [Laser Control] – Claude Lifante, Laservision
- Lighting [Laser Technician] – Christian Queniart, Frank Vialle*
- Lighting [Laser Writing] – Denis Carnus, MDB (2)
- Lighting [Lighting Design] – Gerald Lafosse
- Lighting [Technician] – Philippe Leclercq
- Lighting [Tower Design] – Jonathan Park
- Mixed By – René Ameline
- Mixed By [Assistant], Coordinator [Musical Instrument Coordinator] – Pierre Mourey
- Percussion [Electronic Percussions], Electronic Drums [Simmons Drums] – Roger Rizzitelli
- Photography By [In China] – Marc Garanger
- Photography By [Inner Sleeve Photographs] – Red Saunders (2)
- Producer [Concerts] – Francis Dreyfus
- Production Manager [Film] – Brian Lewis (2), Jean Mylonas
- Recorded By – Patrick Auffour, René Ameline
- Synthesizer [Moog Liberation, Prophet 5, Korg Polyphonique, Kobol], Organ [Eminent] – Dominique Perrier
- Synthesizer [RSF, Yamaha CS 60, ARP 2600], Sequenced By [MDB Polysequencer], Drum Machine [Korg Rhythm Boxes] – Frederic Rousseau*
- Technician [Laser Harp Designed By] – Bernard Szajner
A white labels promo issue was also released.
This double album was recorded during five concerts which Jean-Michel Jarre presented in Peking and Shanghai. The concerts were the first performances of rock or contemporary music ever given in the People’s Republic of China.
Jean-Michel Jarre wrote several new compositions for this historic occasion, including: 'Night in Shanghai', 'Laser Harp', 'Arpegiator', 'Orient Express', 'Souvenir of China', and 'Fishing Junks at Sunset', which was performed and recorded with the Peking Conservatoire Symphony Orchestra.
Recorded during concerts performed on Peking and Shanghai in October 1981 on the Flight Mobile with the Saje Console.
Mixed on MCI equipment.
Released on Dreyfus Records, Paris ©℗ 1982.
Japan KA 8207 ¥ 4,000
Made in Japan
Original sound recording made by Disques Dreyfus, France
℗ 1982 Disques Dreyfus France
Original A side Matrix etching crossed out : PDM 18110-A?
Replaced with :
Original C side matrix 2335-260 with 260 crossed out
Corrected to 2335-261 A
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Rights Society: JASRAC
- Price Code: ¥4,000
Other Versions (5 of 185) View All
|FDM 18110||Jean-Michel Jarre||Les Concerts En Chine (2xLP, Album, Gat)||Disques Dreyfus||FDM 18110||France||1982||Sell This Version|
|FDM 36144-4||Jean-Michel Jarre||Les Concerts En Chine 2 (Cass, Album, RE)||Disques Dreyfus||FDM 36144-4||Canada||Unknown||Sell This Version|
|824 749-2||Jean-Michel Jarre||Les Concerts En Chine (2xCD, Album, RE)||Disques Dreyfus||824 749-2||France||Unknown||Sell This Version|
|FDM 36143-4, DRY-MC-36143||Jean-Michel Jarre||Les Concerts En Chine 1 (Cass, Album, RE)||Disques Dreyfus, Disques Dreyfus||FDM 36143-4, DRY-MC-36143||Canada||Unknown||Sell This Version|
|173||Jean-Michel Jarre||The Concerts In China (Disc 1) (Cass, Album, Unofficial)||Takt Music||173||Poland||1991||Sell This Version|