Tracklist Hide Credits
|B1||Fishing Junks At Sunset
Conductor – Huang FeiliMusical Assistance [Art. Collaboration] – Mrs. Li Meng*, Mr. Wang Zhi*Orchestra – The Peking Conservatoire Symphony Orchestra
|B2||Band In The Rain||1:21|
|C2||Magnetic Fields I||0:21|
|C3||Magnetic Fields III||3:50|
|C4||Magnetic Fields IV||10:37|
|D1||Night In Shanghai||7:01|
|D2||The Last Rumba||2:12|
|D3||Magnetic Fields II||6:16|
|D4||Souvenir Of China||3:59|
- Composed By, Producer, Concept By [Concerts], Directed By [Concerts], Synthesizer [Fairlight, OBX A, Taurus, AKS, VCS 3, Electroharmonix Micro Synthesizer], MIDI Controller [Laser Harp], Organ [Eminent, Elka], Drum Machine [Lynn Drum], Mixed By – Jean-Michel Jarre
- Coordinator [Musical Instrument Coordinator], Mixed By [Assisted By] – Pierre Mourey
- Design [Concerts] – Mark Fisher (5)
- Design [Record Cover Designed By], Design [Stage Set Graphic Design] – Kate Hepburn
- Lighting [Design] – Gerald Lafosse
- Lighting [Laser Control] – Claude Lifante
- Lighting [Laser Technician] – Christian Queniart, Frank Vialle
- Lighting [Laser Writing] – Denis Carnus
- Lighting [Technician] – Philippe Leclercq
- Mixed By – Rene Ameline*
- Mixed By [Foldback Mixing] – Patrick Clerc
- Mixed By [Out-Front Mixing] – Michel Geiss, Philippe Latron
- Percussion [Electronic], Electronic Drums [Simmons Drums] – Roger Rizzitelli
- Photography By [Inner Sleeve] – Red Saunders (2)
- Photography By [Photographs In China By] – Marc Garanger
- Producer [Concerts] – Francis Dreyfus
- Recorded By – Patrick Auffour
- Recorded By, Mixed By – Rene Ameline*
- Set Designer [Tower Design] – Jonathan Park
- Synthesizer [Moog Liberation, Prophet 5, Korg Polyphonique, Kobol], Organ [Eminent] – Dominique Perrier
- Synthesizer [RSF, Yamaha CS 60, ARP 2600], Sequencer [MDB Polysequencer], Drum Machine [Korg Rhythm Boxes] – Frederic Rousseau*
- Technician [Laser Harp Design] – Bernard Szajner
Red labels with rim text in Italian
This double album was recorded during five concerts which Jean-Michel Jarre presented in Peking and Shangai. The concerts were the first performances of rock or contemporary music ever given in the people's Republic of China.
Jean-Michel Jarre wrote several new compositions for this historic occasion, including: 'Night in Shanghai', 'Laser Harp', 'Arpegiator', 'Orient Express', 'Souvenir of China', and 'Fishing Junks at Sunset', which was performed and recorded with the Peking Conservatoire Symphony Orchestra.
We would like to thank the following people and organizations without whose help the presentation of these concerts in the People's Republic of China would not have been possible: the Commission for Chinese Cultural Relations with Foreign Countries, especially Mrs Li Paoqiu and Mr Vao Ling Han, the Company for Spectacles, Peking, especially Mr Tiao Ye, the Chinese Radio and Television Companies, the Cultural Commission for the Municipality of Shanghai, especially Mr Zhang Xiao Zhu, the Peking Conservatoire of Music, especially Mr Wu Zu Quiang, the Workers at the Capital Stadium, Peking, and the Shanghai Stadium, the Chinese Embassy in Paris, the interpreters in China, especially Mr Zhang, Miss Gong Huihia and Mr Vao, the Fench Embassy in China, especially M. Claude Martin, Ministre Conseiller, whose assistance was valuable.
We would like also to express our particular thanks to Marie Holtzman, Richard Arzt, Jean-Luc Cronel and Jean-Pierre Vincon.
Recorded during concerts performed in Peking and Shangai in October 1981 on the Flight Mobile with the Saje Console.
Mixed on MCI Equipment.
Released on Dreyfus Records, Paris. © ℗ 1982
Made in Italy
℗ 1982 Disques Dreyfus France - Paris
Original recordings made by Disques Dreyfus
Track "Laser Harp" is wrongly listed as B4 on inner sleeve.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Rights Society: S.I.A.E.
- Other (Record 1 catalogue number): 2335 260
- Other (Record 2 catalogue number): 2335 261
Other Versions (5 of 176) View All
|FDM 18110||Jean-Michel Jarre||Les Concerts En Chine (2xLP, Album, Gat)||Disques Dreyfus||FDM 18110||France||1982||Sell This Version|
|FDM 36144-4||Jean-Michel Jarre||Les Concerts En Chine 2 (Cass, Album, RE)||Disques Dreyfus||FDM 36144-4||Canada||Unknown||Sell This Version|
|824 749-2||Jean-Michel Jarre||Les Concerts En Chine (2xCD, Album, RE)||Disques Dreyfus||824 749-2||France||Unknown||Sell This Version|
|FDM 36143-4, DRY-MC-36143||Jean-Michel Jarre||Les Concerts En Chine 1 (Cass, Album, RE)||Disques Dreyfus, Disques Dreyfus||FDM 36143-4, DRY-MC-36143||Canada||Unknown||Sell This Version|
|173||Jean-Michel Jarre||The Concerts In China (Disc 1) (Cass, Album, Unofficial)||Takt Music||173||Poland||1991||Sell This Version|