- Record Company – Sony Music Entertainment
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Jean-Michel Jarre
- Copyright (c) – Jean-Michel Jarre
- Distributed By – Sony Music Entertainment (Germany) GmbH
- Licensed To – Sony Music Entertainment (Germany) GmbH
- Published By – Jean-Michel Jarre
- Published By – Francis Dreyfus Music
- Published By – BMG
- Recorded At – Clinton Recording Studio
- Mixed At – Croissy Studio
- Remastered At – Yakuda Audio
- Art Direction [Album Cover] – Mark Fisher (5)
- Artwork [Images Processed At, Album Cover] – Imagine, London
- Bass – Marcus Miller
- Composed By, Producer, Electronics, Keyboards, Technician [Ethnic Vocals Processed By] – Jean-Michel Jarre
- Copyist – Didier Egea, Mark Suozzo
- Design [Album Cover] – Kate Hepburn
- Design [Assistant, Album Cover] – Fiona Doulton
- Drums – Yogi Horton
- Engineer [Mixing] – David Lord (tracks: A1, A2, B2, B4, B5)
- Engineer [Recording] – Daniel Lazerus
- Graphic Design  – Eric BDFCK Cornic*
- Guitar [Additional] – Ira Siegel
- Guitar, Effects – Adrian Belew
- Keyboards [Additional], Producer [Production Assistant] – Frederick Rousseau*
- Mastered By – Dave Dadwater
- Mixed By – François Kervorkian* (tracks: B3), René Ameline (tracks: B1), Ron St. Germain (tracks: B3)
- Musical Assistance [Assisted By] – Denis Vanzetto, Pierre Mourey
- Research [Ethnologist] – Xavier Bellenger
- Tape Op – Alan Moulder, Maureen A Thompson*
- Vocals [Diva] – Laurie Anderson
The human voices heard on this album were created from recordings of speech and song. The original recordings were made in the following languages: aboriginal, afghan, arabic, balinese, buhndi, chad, chinese, english, french, gabonese, german, hungarian, indian, japanese, madagascan, malayan, pigmy, quechua, russian, sioux, spanish, swedish, tibetan, turkish.
They were edited and transformed using different electronic devices.
Recorded at Klinton Studio, New York [Clinton Recording Studio in the database]
Mixed on Sony PCM 1610
Keyboards and electronic devices: Fairlight CMI, Emulator, Moog 55, Arp 2600, DX7, Prophet V OBXA, AMS, Simmons SDS, Matrisequencer, AKS, EMS Vocoder, Eminent, Doctor Click, Linn 1, Linn 2.
Laurie Anderson & Marcus Miller appear courtesy of Warner Bros. Records inc.
Andrian Belew appears courtesy of Eg Records.
New mastering from the original analog tapes 2014.
Special thanks: Bob Telson, Dominic Troiano, Kris Parker, Michel Geiss, Ams, Lazare Electronic, Music Land, Fred Bova, Denis Sergent, Nicolas Jiddings, Michael Sukin, Merril Wasserman, Jean-Pierre Lafont, Sony France and Paul-Henri Wagner.
℗ 1984 Jean-Michel Jarre © 2018 Jean-Michel Jarre
Made in the EU.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 190758437514
- Label Code: LC 00162
- Matrix / Runout (Label Side A): 19075843751 - A
- Matrix / Runout (Label Side B): 19075843751 - B
- Matrix / Runout (Side A): B|19812-01 A1 HL
- Matrix / Runout (Side B): B|19812-01 B1 HL
- Rights Society: BIEM STEMRA
Other Versions (5 of 145) View All
|FDM 18118||Jean-Michel Jarre||Zoolook (LP, Album)||Disques Dreyfus||FDM 18118||France||1984||Sell This Version|
|823 763-1||Jean-Michel Jarre||Zoolook (LP, Album)||Disques Dreyfus, Polydor||823 763-1||Germany||1985||Sell This Version|
|823 763-2||Jean-Michel Jarre||Zoolook (CD, Album, Unofficial)||Disques Dreyfus (2), Polydor (2)||823 763-2||Russia||Unknown||Sell This Version|
|824 750-4, 824750.4||Jean-Michel Jarre||Zoolook (Cass, Album, RE, U-c)||Disques Dreyfus, Disques Dreyfus||824 750-4, 824750.4||France||Unknown||Sell This Version|
|824 750-1, DLP 2002||Jean-Michel Jarre||Zoolook (LP, Album, RE)||Disques Dreyfus, Disques Dreyfus||824 750-1, DLP 2002||France||1987||Sell This Version|