Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||Song For Jeffrey
Guitar – Mick Abrahams
Guitar – Mick AbrahamsMandolin – Ian Anderson
Arranged By [Strings], Conductor – David Palmer (2)Mandolin, Tin Whistle – Ian Anderson
|A4||Living In The Past
Arranged By [Strings], Conductor – Lou Toby
Arranged By [Orchestra], Conductor – David Palmer (2)Twelve-String Guitar – Ian Anderson
|B2||Singing All Day
Balalaika, Organ [Hammond] – Ian Anderson
Acoustic Guitar – Martin BarreMellotron – John Evan
|B5||Alive And Well And Living In||2:45|
|B6||Just Trying To Be
Celesta – John Evan
|Recorded Live At Carnegie Hall|
|C1||By Kind Permission Of
Engineer – David Palmer (2), Kim KingWritten-By – Evan*
|C2||Dharma For One
Backing Vocals – Clive BunkerBacking Vocals, Percussion – John Evan, Martin BarreEngineer – David Palmer (2), Kim KingWritten-By – Bunker*, Anderson*
Glockenspiel – Clive Bunker
|D3||Life Is A Long Song
Acoustic Guitar – Martin Barre
|D4||Up The 'Pool||3:10|
Harpsichord – John Evan
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Chrysalis Records Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Warner Bros. Records Inc.
- Licensed From – Chrysalis Records Ltd.
- Remixed At – Morgan Studios
- Recorded At – Sound Techniques, London
- Recorded At – Morgan Studios
- Recorded At – Vantone Sound Studios
- Recorded At – Western Recorders
- Recorded At – Carnegie Hall
- Recorded At – Island Studios
- Published By – Chrysalis Music Inc.
- Acoustic Guitar – Ian Anderson (tracks: B6, D1, D3 to D5, D7)
- Artwork, Design – CCS (2)
- Bass – Glenn Cornick (tracks: A1 to B5, C1, C2, D1), Jeffrey Hammond-Hammond (tracks: D2 to D6)
- Directed By [Remixing] – Ian Anderson
- Drums – Barriemore Barlow (tracks: D3 to D6), Clive Bunker (tracks: A1 to B5, C1, C2, D1, D2)
- Engineer – Andy Johns (tracks: A2, A3, A6 to B4), John Burns (tracks: C1, C2, D2), John Wood (tracks: D3, D5, D6), Robin Black (tracks: B5 to C2, D1), Vic Gamm (tracks: A1, D3 to D7)
- Engineer [Remixing] – Robin Black
- Executive-Producer – Terry Ellis
- Flute – Ian Anderson (tracks: A1, A2, A4 to B2, B4, B5, C1, C2, D2 to D6)
- Guitar – Martin Barre (tracks: A4 to B5, C1, C2, D1, D2, D4 to D6)
- Organ [Hammond] – John Evan (tracks: B3, D4, D6)
- Percussion – Clive Bunker (tracks: A2, A4, C2)
- Photography By – Brian Ward (5), Ed Caraeff, Sam Emerson And Tony Loew*, Jackie O'Lochlainn, Michael Graber (3), Ruan O'Lochlainn
- Piano – John Evan (tracks: B4, C1, D1 to D3, D5, D6)
- Producer – Ian Anderson (tracks: A4 to B6, D1 to D7), Jethro Tull (tracks: A1 to A3), Terry Ellis (tracks: A1 to B4, D2)
- Vocals – Ian Anderson (tracks: A1 to A5, B1 to B6, C2, D1 to D7)
- Written-By – Ian Anderson (tracks: A1 to B6, D1 to D7)
Also has inner 12 page color booklet with band images from live shows and other settings for each member.
Green labels do not have address, only "Chrysalis Records Inc." company text in white on top edge.
Labels have STEREO written in bold type under the side number.
Tracks C1, C2 recorded Live at Carnegie Hall.
℗ 1972 Chrysalis Records Ltd.
Licensed by Chrysalis Records Ltd.
Reprise Records, a division of Warner Bros. Records © 1972 Warner Bros. Records, Inc.
Reprise Records logo on inside and inner sleeve.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Runout, side A, etched): 2TS-2106 31480-1
- Matrix / Runout (Runout, side B, etched): 2TS-2106 31481-1
- Matrix / Runout (Runout, side C, etched): 2TS-2106 31482-1
- Matrix / Runout (Runout, side D, etched): 2TS-2106 31483-1
- Matrix / Runout (Label side A): (31,480)
- Matrix / Runout (Label side B): (31,481)
- Matrix / Runout (Label side C): (31,482)
- Matrix / Runout (Label side D): (31,483)
- Rights Society: ASCAP
Other Versions (5 of 133) View All
|CJT1||Jethro Tull||Living In The Past (2xLP, Album, Comp)||Chrysalis||CJT1||UK||1972||Sell This Version|
|CJT 0001(2)||Jethro Tull||Living In The Past (2xLP, Comp, RE)||Chrysalis||CJT 0001(2)||Italy||Unknown||Sell This Version|
|6641 171||Jethro Tull||Living In The Past (2xLP, Comp)||Chrysalis||6641 171||Greece||1972||Sell This Version|
|7579 001||Jethro Tull||Living In The Past (Cass, Comp, Dou)||Island Records||7579 001||France||1973||Sell This Version|
|SLPX-3012||Jethro Tull||Living In The Past (2xLP, Comp)||Sonet||SLPX-3012||Scandinavia||1972||Sell This Version|