Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||My Sunday Feeling||3:38|
|A2||Some Day The Sun Won't Shine For You||2:42|
|A4||Move On Alone||2:00|
|A5||Serenade To A Cuckoo||6:01|
|B1||Dharma For One||4:11|
|B2||It's Breaking Me Up||4:56|
Written-By – Traditional
|B4||A Song For Jeffrey||3:18|
- Arranged By – David Palmer (2) (tracks: A4), Mick Abrahams (tracks: B3)
- Bass Guitar – Glenn Cornick
- Design [Cover Concept] – Terry Ellis
- Drums, Wind [Hooter], Other [Charm Bracelet] – Clive Bunker
- Engineer – Victor Gamm*
- Flute, Harmonica, Wind [Claghorn], Piano, Vocals, Design [Cover Concept] – Ian Anderson
- Guitar, Guitar [Nine-string], Vocals – Mick Abrahams
- Photography By – Brian Ward (5)
- Producer – Jethro Tull, Terry Ellis
- Written-By – Bunker* (tracks: B1, B5), Cornick* (tracks: B5), Anderson* (tracks: A1 to A3, B1, B2, B4, B5), Abrahams* (tracks: A3, A4, B5), Kirk* (tracks: A5), Ellis* (tracks: B5)
Laminated gatefold sleeve with ‘wide’ spine.
On rear sleeve:
Chrysalis logo with address "Island Records Ltd., 155 - 157 Oxford Street, London, W1, England".
‘STEREO ILPS 9085′ on rear sleeve (top right corner).
Inside gatefold unlaminated spread, overlapped glue-tab at top, ''flipback''
Pink label editions exist with the three earliest Island logo designs on pink background:
First issue: This Was (mono) /This Was (stereo) with a black and orange 'bullseye' logo; one variation (this one) additionally states "Made in England" and another This Was (mono) / This Was (stereo) adds a BIEM credit.
Second issue: This Was with a black block 'i' logo.
Third issue: This Was with a white 'i' logo.
(reissued again on every label style since, including pink rim, palm tree etc.).
© Chrysalis Productions Ltd. 1968.
Jethro Tull songs published by Chrysalis Music.
'Serenade To A Cuckoo' published by Flamingo Music.
Made in England
Recorded Thursday 13th June to Friday 23rd August, 1968 at Sound Techniques Studio, Chelsea, London.
Also issued in mono (#ILP 985).
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (A-Side Run-out, Stamped): I L P S + 9 0 8 5 + A
- Matrix / Runout (B-Side Run-out, Stamped): I L P S + 9 0 8 5 + B
Other Versions (5 of 153) View All
|ILP 985||Jethro Tull||This Was (LP, Album, Mono, Ste)||Island Records||ILP 985||UK||1968||Sell This Version|
|CHR 1041||Jethro Tull||This Was (LP, Album, RE, RP, Whi)||Chrysalis||CHR 1041||UK||1983||Sell This Version|
|ILPS 9085||Jethro Tull||This Was (LP, Album, RP)||Island Records||ILPS 9085||UK||Unknown||Sell This Version|
|GX 01-340||Jethro Tull||Jethro Tull (LP, Album)||Reprise Records, Gamma (4)||GX 01-340||Mexico||1968||Sell This Version|
|RS 6336||Jethro Tull||This Was (LP, Album, Gat)||Reprise Records||RS 6336||Canada||Unknown||Sell This Version|