WarChild (The 40th Anniversary Theatre Edition)
CD, Album, Reissue, Stereo, Remixed
CD, Stereo, Remixed
DVD, DVD-Video, Multichannel, NTSC, Album, Stereo, Remixed
DVD, Multichannel, Stereo, Remixed
Tracklist Hide Credits
- Record Company – Warner Music Group
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Chrysalis Records Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Chrysalis Records Ltd.
- Published By – BMG Chrysalis
- Licensed From – The Ian Anderson Group Of Companies
- Marketed By – Parlophone Records Ltd.
- Recorded At – Morgan Studios
- Recorded At – Advision Studios
- Recorded At – Manor Mobile
- Designed At – Waldo's Design & Dream Emporium
- Mastered At – Isonic
- Arranged By – Jethro Tull
- Artwork [Banner Model] – Shirtsleeve Studio
- Artwork By – Phil Smee
- Authoring [CD Master Assembly And DVD Authoring] – Ray Shulman
- Bass Guitar, Double Bass [String Bass] – Jeffrey Hammond-Hammond
- Drums, Glockenspiel, Marimba, Percussion [Sundry Percussion Devices] – Barriemore Barlow
- Electric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar [Spanish Guitars] – Martin Barre
- Engineer – Robin Black
- Executive-Producer – Terry Ellis
- Lacquer Cut By [Cutting Engineer] – George Peckham, Melvyn Abrahams
- Leader – Patrick Halling
- Lyrics By – Jeffrey Hammond-Hammond (tracks: CD2-4, DVD2-4)
- Music By – David Palmer (2) (tracks: CD2-12, DVD2-12), Martin Barre (tracks: CD2-14, DVD2-14)
- Orchestra – Philamusica Of London*
- Orchestrated By, Conductor – David Palmer (2)
- Organ, Piano, Synthesizer, Piano Accordion – John Evan
- Photography By [Main Photography Material] – Barrie Wentzell, Barry Plummer, Bridget Procter, Chrysalis Archive, David Morris (18), Kathy Thulborn*
- Photography By [Main Photography] – Carl Dunn
- Remix – Steven Wilson
- Research, Coordinator [Project Coordination] – Tim Chacksfield
- Sleeve Notes, Research [Additional Research] – Martin Webb
- Sleeve Notes, Research [Audio Research] – Don Needham
- Vocals, Flute, Acoustic Guitar, Alto Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone, Sopranino Saxophone, Producer, Lyrics By, Music By – Ian Anderson
℗ 2014 Chrysalis Records Ltd.
© 2014 Chrysalis Records Ltd.
Erroneously, the ℗ and © on the back cover are dated 2104 instead of 2014.
Track durations are not printed on the release.
The new Theatre Edition unearths a trio of unreleased recordings: "Tomorrow Was Today," "Good Godmother," and a different arrangement of "WarChild" recorded after the version on the final album.
- Original album and bonus tracks (three previously unreleased),
- 10 orchestral pieces (nine previously unreleased) written for the film's soundtrack,
- Flat transfers of the original LP mix at 96/24, and the quadrophonic version (with 2 bonus tracks) in 4.0.
- "The Third Hoorah" promo footage, and footage from a January 1974 photo session/press conference where the WarChild project was announced.
- An 80-page booklet featuring an extensive article on the preparation and recording of the album, a film script synopsis, track-by-track annotations by Ian Anderson, plus rare and unseen photographs.
Fans intrigued by the appearance of "WarChild Waltz" on the 2002 reissue of WarChild will finally get the chance to hear the rest of the mostly orchestral music the band recorded for the soundtrack album. About 30 minutes was recorded during sessions in 1973 and 1974. Soon after, the music was consigned to the archives for 40 years - until now. "WarChild Waltz" appears on this release under the title "Waltz Of The Angels".
Available bit rates and resolution of the DVD tracks:
DVD1 - WarChild - Audio & Video:
- The Steven Wilson Mixes (5.1 Surround & 96/24 Stereo LPCM): 96/24 Stereo LPCM, DTS 96/24 5.1 surround, Dolby AC3 5.1 surround
- Original 1974 Album Mix (Transferred Flat - 96/24 Stereo LPCM): 96/24 Stereo LPCM
- Original 1974 Quad LP & Bonus Tracks (4 Channel Surrond From Flat Transfers): DTS 96/24 4 channel surround, Dolby AC3 4 channel surround
- On Film: 48/16 LPCM Stereo
DVD2 - Associated Recordings:
- The Steven Wilson Mixes: 96/24 Stereo LPCM, DTS 96/24 5.1 surround, Dolby AC3 5.1 surround
- Original 1974 Mixes: 96/24 Stereo LPCM
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 8 2564621627 7
- Barcode (Scanned, UPC-A): 825646216277
- Label Code: LC30419
- Rights Society: GEMA/MCPS
- ASIN: B00NCGXXT4
- Matrix / Runout (CD 1, Variant 1 & 2): ['W' Warner logo] 55953321/0825646216277-1-1 21
- Mastering SID Code (CD 1, Variant 1 & 2): IFPI LB47
- Mould SID Code (CD 1, Variant 1): IFPI 0713
- Mould SID Code (CD 1, Variant 2): IFPI 0779
- Matrix / Runout (CD 2, Variant 1 & 2): ['W' Warner logo] 55953323/0825646216277-2-1 21
- Mastering SID Code (CD 2, Variant 1 & 2): IFPI LB 45
- Mould SID Code (CD 2, Variant 1): IFPI 073Y
- Mould SID Code (CD 2, Variant 2): IFPI U7`I
- Matrix / Runout (DVD 1, Layer 0): ['R' logo] ['W' Waner logo] 55928340/0825646216277-3 DO 21
- Matrix / Runout (DVD 1, Layer 1): ['R' logo] ['W' Waner logo] 55928341/0825646216277-3 D 21
- Mastering SID Code (DVD 1, Layer 0): IFPI LB 46
- Mastering SID Code (DVD 1, Layer 1): IFPI LB 45
- Mould SID Code (DVD 1, Non-label side): IFPI 07G6
- Mould SID Code (DVD 1, Label side): IFPI 07L5
- Matrix / Runout (DVD 2, Layer 0): ['R' logo] ['W' Waner logo] 55928362/0825646216277-4 DO 21
- Matrix / Runout (DVD 2, Layer 1): ['R' logo] ['W' Waner logo] 55928337/0825646216277-4 D 21
- Mastering SID Code (DVD 2, Layer 0): IFPI LB 45
- Mastering SID Code (DVD 2, Layer 1): IFPI LP 73
- Mould SID Code (DVD 2, Label side): IFPI 07T1
Other Versions (5 of 124) View All
|CHR 1067, CHR.1067||Jethro Tull||War Child (LP, Album)||Chrysalis, Chrysalis||CHR 1067, CHR.1067||UK||1974||Sell This Version|
|F2 21067, DIDX 001426||Jethro Tull||War Child (CD, Album, Unofficial)||Chrysalis (2), Chrysalis (2)||F2 21067, DIDX 001426||Russia||Unknown||Sell This Version|
|TOCP-67182||Jethro Tull||War Child (CD, Album, RE, RM, Pap)||Chrysalis||TOCP-67182||Japan||2003||Sell This Version|
|CHR 1067/DD30878||Jethro Tull||War Child (LP, Album)||Chrysalis||CHR 1067/DD30878||Israel||1974||Sell This Version|
|40.098||Jethro Tull||War Child (LP, Album)||Philips||40.098||Venezuela||1974||Sell This Version|