|A3||Dawn's Highway / New Born Awakening|
|To Come Of Age|
|A4||To Come Of Age|
|A5||Black Polished Chrome / Latino Chrome|
|A6||Angels And Sailors / Stoned Immaculate|
|The Poet's Dreams|
|World On Fire|
|An American Prayer|
|B5||An American Prayer|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Elektra Records
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Elektra/Asylum Records
- Copyright (c) – Elektra/Asylum Records
- Copyright (c) – James Douglas Morrison Publishing
- Copyright (c) – Doors Music Co.
- Manufactured By – Elektra/Asylum/Nonesuch Records
- Recorded At – Hollywood Sound Recorders
- Produced At – Soundstream, Inc.
- Mixed At – Cherokee Studios
- Mastered At – Capitol Mastering
- Pressed By – Specialty Records Corporation
- Art Direction – John Van Hamersveld, Johnny Lee (4), Ron Coro
- Bass – Bob Glaub, Jerry Scheff (tracks: B5.b)
- Drums – John Densmore
- Engineer – John Haeny
- Engineer [Assistant] – Paul Black
- Engineer [Contributing Engineer] – Babe Hill, Cheech D'Amico*, Frank Lisciandro, Fritz Richmond, John Weaver, Paul Black, Paul Ferrara (2), Ron Garrett
- Engineer [Doors Songs Recorded Prior To 1971] – Bruce Botnick
- Guitar – Robby Krieger
- Illustration [Drawings] – Jim Morrison
- Keyboards – Ray Manzarek
- Lacquer Cut By [Lacquering] – Ken Perry
- Layout [Poetry Booklet Edited By] – Katherine Lisciandro
- Lyrics By [Poems, Lyrics & Stories] – James Douglas Morrison*
- Mastered By [Sound Restoration] – Bob Ingebretsen, Dr. Thomas Stockham*
- Percussion – Reinol Andino
- Photography By [Back Cover] – Joel Brodsky
- Photography By [Booklet Page 1] – Gloria Stavers
- Photography By [Booklet Page 2, 3, 4 & 7] – Frank Lisciandro
- Photography By [Booklet Page 4] – Jerry Hopkins
- Photography By [Front Cover] – Edmond Teske*
- Photography By [Inside Back Cover] – Art Kane
- Photography By [Inside Front Cover] – Paul Ferrara (2)
- Producer – Frank Lisciandro, John Densmore, John Haeny, Ray Manzarek, Robby Krieger
- Producer [Doors Songs Recorded Prior To 1971; The Wasp & Riders Of The Sun] – Bruce Botnick, The Doors
- Producer [Doors Songs Recorded Prior To 1971] – Paul A. Rothchild
- Programmed By [Synthesizer] – Arthur Barrow (tracks: A7)
- Vocals, Voice [Spoken Words] – Jim Morrison
Backcover: ℗ & © 1978 Elektra / Asylum Records.
Center labels: ℗ 1978 by Elektra Records.
Mixed at Cherokee Studios, L.A.
New music recorded at Hollywood Sound Recorders.
Sound restoration by Soundstream Inc.
Lacquering: Capitol Records.
This album was made with the invaluable support & contributions of Corky Courson.
Special thanks: Tim McIntire, Bub Brown, Debra Densmore, Chuck Churella, John Lipke, Paul Davis.
Center labels reads track titles as entered in tracklist.
Index tracks only on backcover.
Track A3 reads "Dawn's Highway / Newborn Awakening" on backcover.
Tracks B5.a and B5.b not mentioned on backcover, - only the index track.
Tracklist in booklet reads:
- Ghost Song
- Dawn's Highway
- Newborn Awakening
- To Come Of Age
- Black Polished Chrome
- Latino Chrome
- Angels And Sailors
- Stoned Immaculate
- The Movie
- Curses, Invocations
- American Night
- Roadhouse Blues
- The World On Fire
- The Hitchiker
7 & 8
- An American Prayer
Total time A-side - 19:35.
Total time B-side - 19:05.
Specialty Records Corporation logo in runouts (large S with the R and C in the loops).
Initially version with Elektra butterfly labels, see images.
Gatefold Sleeve containing 2 photos of Jim Morrison & an 8-page book with lyrics.
There are several reissues, please have a look.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Center label A-side): 5E-502-A SP
- Matrix / Runout (Center label B-side): 5E-502-B SP
- Matrix / Runout (Var. 1 runout A-side, etching): 5E-502 A SP F4 SRC 1-1 MASTERED BY CAPITOL KP
- Matrix / Runout (Var. 1 runout B-side, etching): 5E-502 B SP F4 SRC 1-2C MASTERED BY CAPITOL KP
- Matrix / Runout (Var. 2 runout A-side, etching): 5E-502 A SP F4 SRC MASTERED BY CAPITOL KP
- Matrix / Runout (Var. 2 runout B-side, etching): 5E-502 B SP F4 SRC MASTERED BY CAPITOL KP
- Matrix / Runout (Runout, both sides, stamped): MASTERED BY CAPITOL
Other Versions (5 of 109) View All
|5T8 502||Jim Morrison Music By The Doors||Jim Morrison Music By The Doors - An American Prayer (8-Trk, Album, Club)||Elektra||5T8 502||US||1978||Sell This Version|
|5E-502||Jim Morrison Music By The Doors||Jim Morrison Music By The Doors - An American Prayer (LP, Album, Gat)||Elektra||5E-502||Canada||1978||Sell This Version|
|5E-502||Jim Morrison Music By The Doors||Jim Morrison Music By The Doors - An American Prayer (LP, Album, Gat)||Elektra||5E-502||US||1978||Sell This Version|
|618124||Jim Morrison Music By The Doors||Jim Morrison Music By The Doors - An American Prayer (Cass, Album, RE, RM)||Elektra||618124||USA & Canada||1995||Sell This Version|
|5E 502||Jim Morrison Music By The Doors||Jim Morrison Music By The Doors - An American Prayer (LP, Album, Gat)||Elektra||5E 502||Australia||1978||Sell This Version|