Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||And The Gods Made Love|
|A2||Have You Ever Been (To Electric Ladyland)|
|A3||Cross Town Traffic|
|B1||Little Miss Strange
Lead Vocals [Uncredited] – Noel Redding
|B2||Long Hot Summer Night|
|B5||The Burning Of The Midnight Lamp
Backing Vocals [Uncredited] – Cissy Houston, The Sweet InspirationsHarpsichord [Uncredited] – Jimi Hendrix
|C1||Rainy Day, Dream Away|
|C2||1983... (A Merman I Should Turn To Be)|
|C3||Moon, Turn The Tides... Gently, Gently Away|
|D1||Still Raining, Still Dreaming|
|D2||House Burning Down|
|D3||All Along The Watchtower|
|D4||Voodoo Chile (Slight Return)|
- Arranged By – Jimi Hendrix (tracks: A1 to A4, B2, B4 to D4)
- Bass – Jack Cassady* (tracks: A4)
- Congas – Larry Faucette (tracks: C1, D1)
- Cover – David King (7)
- Drums – Buddy Miles (tracks: C1, D1)
- Engineer – Eddie Kramer, Gary Kellgren
- Flute – Chris Wood (2) (tracks: C2)
- Horns – Freddie Smith (tracks: C1, D1)
- Organ – Mike Finnegan* (tracks: C1, D1), Stevie Winwood* (tracks: A4)
- Photography By [Cover & Hendrix] – David Montgomery (4)
- Photography By [Mitchell & Redding] – Donald Silverstein
- Piano – Al Kooper (tracks: B2)
- Producer, Directed By – Jimi Hendrix
- Written-By – Dylan* (tracks: D3), Earl King (tracks: B3), Hendrix* (tracks: A1 to A4, B2, B4 to D2, D4), Noel Redding (tracks: B1)
Cover spread has 'unwrapped/floating' gloss laminate applied, matt print areas left exposed at the two cut edges where the albums insert.
Gatefold opens to view inner spread (glued to outer cover's inside tabs as separate element). Gloss laminate exposing matt areas on all four edges. (Effectively, the sleeve is a flattened 2-piece cardboard tube).
Hendrix portrait on right-hand side (Back cover behind it).
Large sepia images of Redding & Mitchell on left (Front cover behind it), with blue tracks/credit text below them. "Track Record" logo center, E.J.Day print data to left. Erratic use of upper & lower-case in titles.
Discs in poly-lined white paper punch-hole sleeves. "Patent no 800513 & 973939" "Made in England 108"
The vinyl: First release, 1st pressing 180 gram vinyl with original 'high-dynamic' mix. Produced in auto-coupled sequence;
Disc 1: 613008 Side A; Cat# (613008 A) [inverted over 613008]
Disc 1: 613008 Side D; Cat# (613008 B) [inverted over 613008]
Disc 2: 613009 Side B; Cat# (613009 A) [inverted over 613009]
Disc 2: 613009 Side C; Cat# (613008 B) [inverted over 613009]
Defect in matrix stamping on this early issue, altered by hand. This typical vinyl is:
Side A: 61300##8 A//1 12 10
Side D: 51 61300#8 B//1 1
Side B: 10 61300#9 A#//1 1 ("10" has the '1' backwards, or it's an oddly stamped "CJ" upside down)
Side C: 61300#9 #B#//1 12 10
[The #, #8 or #9 indicates scratch-out]
Matt texture 'Version 1' labels with additional inverted catalog in parenthesis.
[V1 & V2 label comparisons provided at foot in 'images']
Titles: This UK issue has no suffix to "Come On", "The" is prefixed to "Burning Of The Midnight Lamp" and "Cross Town" appears as two words.
Recorded: Initial tracks at Olympic Studios, London, January 1968. Completed at Record Plant Studios, Studio A, New York, June to August 1968.
Performers, additional to the band, and technical credits added retrospectively. Taken from the authorized Hendrix family trust releases on the Experience Hendrix label.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Side A: # denotes scratch-out (See Notes)): 61300#8
- Matrix / Runout (Side D: # denotes scratch-out (See Notes)): 61300##8
- Matrix / Runout (Side B: # denotes scratch-out (See Notes)): 61300#9
- Matrix / Runout (Side C: # denotes scratch-out (See Notes)): 61300#9
- Other: Auto-coupled release
Other Versions (5 of 242) View All
|26 12 002||The Jimi Hendrix Experience||Electric Ladyland (2xLP, Album, RE, Gat)||Polydor||26 12 002||Spain||1977||Sell This Version|
|LP 5536/5537, 2612 002||The Jimi Hendrix Experience||Electric Ladyland (2xLP, Album, M/Print, RE)||PGP RTB, Polydor||LP 5536/5537, 2612 002||Yugoslavia||1975||Sell This Version|
|847 233-2||The Jimi Hendrix Experience||Electric Ladyland (CD, Album, Unofficial)||Polydor (2)||847 233-2||Russia||Unknown||Sell This Version|
|MCASD 10895||The Jimi Hendrix Experience||Electric Ladyland (CD, Album, RE, RM)||MCA Records||MCASD 10895||Canada||1993||Sell This Version|
|MG 0822||The Jimi Hendrix Experience||Electric Ladyland - Part 2 (Cass, Album, Unofficial)||MG Records (2)||MG 0822||Poland||Unknown||Sell This Version|