Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||And The Gods Made Love|
|A2||Have You Ever Been (To Electric Ladyland)|
|A3||Cross Town Traffic|
|B1||Little Miss Strange
Lead Vocals [Uncredited] – Noel Redding
|B2||Long Hot Summer Night|
|B5||The Burning Of The Midnight Lamp
Backing Vocals [Uncredited] – Cissy Houston, The Sweet InspirationsHarpsichord [Uncredited] – Jimi Hendrix
|C1||Rainy Day, Dream Away|
|C2||1983... (A Merman I Should Turn To Be)|
|C3||Moon, Turn The Tides... Gently, Gently Away|
|D1||Still Raining, Still Dreaming|
|D2||House Burning Down|
|D3||All Along The Watchtower|
|D4||Voodoo Chile (Slight Return)|
- Arranged By – Jimi Hendrix (tracks: A1 to A4, B2, B4 to D4)
- Bass – Jack Cassady* (tracks: A4)
- Congas – Larry Faucette (tracks: C1, D1)
- Cover – David King (7)
- Drums – Buddy Miles (tracks: C1, D1)
- Engineer – Eddie Kramer, Gary Kellgren
- Flute – Chris Wood (2) (tracks: C2)
- Horns – Freddie Smith (tracks: C1, D1)
- Organ – Mike Finnegan* (tracks: C1, D1), Stevie Winwood* (tracks: A4)
- Photography By [Cover & Hendrix] – David Montgomery (4)
- Photography By [Mitchell & Redding] – Donald Silverstein
- Piano – Al Kooper (tracks: B2)
- Producer, Directed By – Jimi Hendrix
- Written-By – Dylan* (tracks: D3), Earl King (tracks: B3), Hendrix* (tracks: A1 to A4, B2, B4 to D2, D4), Noel Redding (tracks: B1)
Cover is gloss on all outside faces.
Hendrix portrait on left-hand side (front cover behind it).
Large sepia images of Redding & Mitchell on right (rear cover behind it), with white tracks/credit text below them. "Track Record" logo center. Erratic use of upper & lower-case in titles.
Discs in plain white paper punch-hole sleeves.
The vinyl: Some black some with mixed coloured pairs, ie one disc red and one blue.
Titles: This UK issue has no suffix to "Come On", "The" is prefixed to "Burning Of The Midnight Lamp" and "Cross Town" appears as two words.
Recorded: Initial tracks at Olympic Studios, London, January 1968. Completed at Record Plant Studios, Studio A, New York, June to August 1968.
Performers, additional to the band, and technical credits added retrospectively. Taken from the authorized Hendrix family trust releases on the Experience Hendrix label.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout: ELECTRIC 2657 001 A-1
- Matrix / Runout: ELECTRIC 2657 001 B-1
- Matrix / Runout: ELECTRIC 2657 001 C-1
- Matrix / Runout: ELECTRIC 2657 001 D-1
Other Versions (5 of 296) View All
|613008/9||The Jimi Hendrix Experience||Electric Ladyland (2xLP, Album, Whi)||Track Record||613008/9||UK||1968||Sell This Version|
|26 12 002||The Jimi Hendrix Experience||Electric Ladyland (2xLP, Album, RE, Gat)||Polydor||26 12 002||Spain||1977||Sell This Version|
|184 183/84||The Jimi Hendrix Experience||Electric Ladyland (2xLP, Album, Gat)||Polydor||184 183/84||South Africa||1968||Sell This Version|
|847 233-2||The Jimi Hendrix Experience||Electric Ladyland (CD, Album, Unofficial)||Polydor (2)||847 233-2||Russia||Unknown||Sell This Version|
|MCASD 10895||The Jimi Hendrix Experience||Electric Ladyland (CD, Album, RE, RM)||MCA Records||MCASD 10895||Canada||1993||Sell This Version|
This release has been blocked from sale in the marketplace. It is not permitted to sell this item on Discogs.