Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||All Along The Watchtower
Acoustic Guitar [12 String] – Dave MasonWritten-By – Bob Dylan
Written-By – Billy Roberts
|4||The Wind Cries Mary||3:16|
Producer – Eddie Kramer, Mitch Mitchell
|6||Voodoo Child (Slight Return)||5:12|
|8||Burning Of The Midnight Lamp||3:34|
Backing Vocals – Dave MasonPiano [Overdubs] – Jimi Hendrix
|11||Castles Made Of Sand||2:43|
|12||Long Hot Summer Night
Keyboards – Al Kooper
|18||Wait Until Tomorrow||2:59|
|19||Star Spangled Banner (Live)
Bass – Billy CoxMusic By – John Stafford SmithProducer – Alan Douglas
|20||Wild Thing (Live)
Producer – Alan DouglasWritten-By – Chip Taylor
- Mastered At – Chop 'Em Out
- Recorded At – Woodstock Festival
- Recorded At – Monterey Pop Festival
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – MCA Records, Inc.
- Copyright (c) – MCA Records, Inc.
- Published By – Bella Godiva Music
- Published By – Dwarf Music
- Published By – Third Story Music, Inc.
- Published By – EMI Blackwood Music Inc.
- Distributed By – Uni Distribution Corp.
- Manufactured By – Universal
- Art Direction – Adrian Boot
- Bass – Noel Redding (tracks: 1 to 18, 20)
- Coordinator [Editorial] – Neil Storey (2)
- Design – Stylorouge
- Drums – Mitch Mitchell
- Edited By, Other [Song Stories] – Chris Salewicz
- Liner Notes [Biography] – Rob Partridge
- Producer – Chas Chandler (tracks: 2 to 4, 7, 9, 11, 14, 16 to 18), Jimi Hendrix (tracks: 1, 5, 6, 8, 10, 12, 13, 15)
- Supervised By [Released Under The Supervision Of] – Alan Douglas, Chris Griffin (4)
- Vocals, Lead Guitar – Jimi Hendrix
Track 20: Recorded live at the Monterey Pop Festival, 6.18.67
Cover image taken from "Purple And Gold" a screenprint of Gered Mankowitz's original 1967 photographs"
Noel Redding is credited in the liner notes with bass on track 1, but the notes about the song specifically state Jimi played bass - "All Along The Watchtower is a classic example of Hendrix's bass-playing, on Noel Redding's righthanded bass. "I think Noel got pissed off and was in the pub - but the track didn't suffer," remembers Mitch Mitchell."
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 0 0881-10829-2 5
- Rights Society: ASCAP
- Rights Society: BMI
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 1): MCAD10829 L33191 D1
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 2): MCAD10829 S3813I AA
Other Versions (5 of 55) View All
|517 235-1||Jimi Hendrix||The Ultimate Experience (2xLP, Comp)||Polydor||517 235-1||UK||1992||Sell This Version|
|MCAD-10829||Jimi Hendrix||The Ultimate Experience (CD, Comp)||MCA Records||MCAD-10829||US||1993||Sell This Version|
|517 235-2||Jimi Hendrix||The Ultimate Experience (CD, Comp, RM)||Polydor||517 235-2||Europe||1992||Sell This Version|
|15504 1||Jimi Hendrix||The Ultimate Experience (Cass, Comp)||PolyGram||15504 1||1992||Sell This Version|
|517 235-2||Jimi Hendrix||The Ultimate Experience - Special Edition (HDCD, Comp, RE, RM, S/Edition)||Polydor||517 235-2||UK & Europe||1995||Sell This Version|