Tracklist Hide Credits
Backing Vocals – The MeditationsDrums [Nyabinghi] – Ras Michael & The Sons Of Negus
|A2||Stand Up And Fight Back
Written-By – A. K. Baah*
|A3||She Is A Woman||4:07|
|A4||You Left Me Standing By The Door
Bass – Will LeeDrums – Jim KeltnerGuitar [Electric] – Dave Wolfert*, Steve LukatherOrgan – Jay Winding*Piano – Neil Larsen
|B1||Meeting In Afrika||3:36|
Written-By – L. Smith*
|B4||Love I Need||3:35|
|B5||Universal Love (Beyond The Boundaries)||4:11|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Warner Bros. Records Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Island Music Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Sunflower Music
- Recorded At – Aquarius Studio
- Recorded At – Record Plant, N.Y.C.
- Recorded At – Record Plant, Sausalito
- Recorded At – Cherokee Studios
- Remixed At – Record Plant, Sausalito
- Mastered At – Kendun Recorders
- Pressed By – Capitol Records Pressing Plant, Winchester
- Published By – Sunflower Music Ltd.
- Arranged By [Rhythm] – Diggles
- Arranged By [Rhythm], Congas, Percussion – Rebop Kwaku Baah
- Arranged By [Rhythm], Lead Guitar – Ernest Ranglin
- Arranged By [Rhythm], Lead Guitar, Rhythm Guitar – Earl "Chinna" Smith
- Arranged By [Rhythm], Producer, Vocals, Written-By – Jimmy Cliff
- Backing Vocals – Babi Floyd, Cheryl Lynn, Debby (2), Diema, Janice Pendarvis, Ken Williams (3), Pam*
- Bass Guitar – Leebert "Gibby" Morrison
- Design – Bob Himmel
- Drums – Ronald "Ronnie" Murphy
- Engineer – Boris Gardner*, Mervyn Williams
- Engineer [Assistant] – Jay Krugman, Julie Last, Steve Fontano
- Keyboards – Paul "Pablo" Smith
- Keyboards [Additional] – Ansel Collins, Keith Sterling, Leslie Butler
- Management – Don Taylor Artist Management
- Mastered By – Jo Hansch
- Mixed By, Recorded By – John Stronach
- Percussion – Uziah "Sticky" Thompson
- Percussion, Rhythm Guitar – Leonard Smith (2)
- Photography By – Ruiko Yoshida
- Producer – Bob Johnston
Recorded at Aquarius Recording Co., Ltd. Kingston, Jamaica.
Lead vocals recorded at Record Plant New York City and Sausalito, California and in Jamaica.
Track A4 recorded at Cherokee Recording Studios, Hollywood. Remixed at Record Plant, Sausalito, California.
Mastered at Kendun Recorders, Burbank.
Credits listed under the titles "Oneness", "New York" and "West Coast", referring to where they were recorded.
Neil Larsen appears courtesy of Horizon Records.
Steve Lukather appears courtesy of Columbia Records.
Published by Sunflower Music Ltd.-PRS.
Track A1 © 1973 Island Music Ltd.
Track A2, A5, © 1978 Sunflower Music.
Track A3, A4, B1 to B5 © 1976 Sunflower Music.
℗ © 1978 Warner Bros. Records Inc., a subsidiary and licensee of Warner Bros., Inc., a Warner Communications Company, 3300 Warner Blvd., Burbank, Calif. 91510, 3 East 54th Street, New York, New York 10022.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout: BSK.1. 3240. WW3 SP 1-1 —◁
- Matrix / Runout: BSK-2-3240. WW3#2 SP 1-1 —◁
- Rights Society: BMI
Other Versions (5 of 21) View All
|BSK 3240||Jimmy Cliff||Give Thankx (LP, Album)||Warner Bros. Records||BSK 3240||US||1978||Sell This Version|
|M5 3240||Jimmy Cliff||Give Thankx (Cass, Album, RE)||Warner Bros. Records||M5 3240||US||Unknown||Sell This Version|
|P-10582W||Jimmy Cliff||Give Thankx (LP, Album)||Warner Bros. Records||P-10582W||Japan||1978||Sell This Version|
|WOU 3240||Jimmy Cliff||Give Thankx (CD, Album, RE)||Wounded Bird Records||WOU 3240||US||2005||Sell This Version|
|P-10581W||Jimmy Cliff||Give Thankx (LP, Album, Promo)||Warner Bros. Records||P-10581W||Japan||1978||Sell This Version|