Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||Diamonds & Rust
Harpsichord [Electric Harpsichord] – David PaichSynthesizer [Moog & ARP] – Joan BaezWords By, Music By – Joan Baez
|A2||Fountain Of Sorrow
Acoustic Guitar – Larry CarltonPercussion – Mucho Gordo*Words By, Music By – Jackson Browne
|A3||Never Dreamed You'd Leave In Summer
Programmed By [Moog & ARP Synthesizers] – Malcolm Cecil, Robert MargouleffSynthesizer [Moog & ARP] – Malcolm CecilWords By, Music By – Stevie Wonder, Syreeta Wright
|A4||Children And All That Jazz
Flute – Tom ScottPercussion – Gordo The Magnificent*Piano [Acoustic] – Hampton HawesWords By, Music By – Joan Baez
|A5||Simple Twist Of Fate
Percussion – JoJo Gordo*Words By, Music By – Bob Dylan
Acoustic Guitar – Larry CarltonOrgan [Hammond] – Joe SamplePercussion – The Great Gordo*Piano [Acoustic] – David PaichWords By, Music By – Richard Betts*
|B2||Hello In There
Electric Piano – Larry KnechtelOrgan [Hammond] – Joe SamplePercussion – Mongo Gordo*Words By, Music By – John Prine
Piano [Acoustic] – David PaichSoloist, Synthesizer [Synthesized Horn Solo] – Joan BaezWords By, Music By – Janis Ian
|B4||Winds Of The Old Days
Words By, Music By – Joan Baez
Bass – Max BennettDrums – John GuerinElectric Guitar – Rick Lo Tempio*Flute, Arranged By [Horns] – Tom ScottRecorded By, Mixed By – Henry LewySaxophone – Jim Horn, Tom ScottTrumpet – Buck Monari, Ollie MitchellVocals – Joni MitchellWords By, Music By – Joan Baez
|B6||I Dream Of Jeannie / Danny Boy (Medley)
Arranged By [I Dream Of Jeannie] – Joan BaezWritten-By [Danny Boy] – Fred Weatherly*Written-By [I Dream Of Jeannie] – Stephan Foster*
- Recorded At – Wally Heider Studios
- Recorded At – A&M Studios
- Recorded At – Cecil & Margouleff
- Mixed At – Sound Labs, Hollywood
- Mixed At – Producers Workshop
- Mastered At – The Mastering Lab
- Pressed By – Columbia Records Pressing Plant, Terre Haute
- Produced For – JCB Productions
- Published By – Chandos Music
- Published By – Benchmark Music
- Published By – Jobete Music Co., Inc.
- Published By – Ram's Horn Music
- Published By – No Exit Music Co., Inc.
- Published By – Cotillion Music, Inc.
- Published By – Sour Grapes Music
- Published By – Frank Music Corp.
- Published By – Boosey & Hawkes
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – A&M Records, Inc.
- Acoustic Guitar – Dean Parks (tracks: A2, A3, B2), Joan Baez (tracks: A1, A5, B2 to B5)
- Arranged By – Joan Baez, Larry Carlton
- Arranged By [Strings], Conductor – Larry Carlton (tracks: A3 to A5)
- Bass – Reinie Press (tracks: A2, A3, A5, B2, B4), Wilton Felder (tracks: A1, A4, B1, B3)
- Cello – Jesse Ehrlich (tracks: A3 to A5)
- Design – Bob Cato
- Drums – Jim Gordon (tracks: A1 to B4)
- Electric Guitar – Dean Parks (tracks: A1, A4 to B1, B4), Larry Carlton (tracks: A1 to B1, B3, B4)
- Electric Piano – Joe Sample (tracks: A1 to A5, B4, B5)
- Engineer [Assistant] – Ellis Sorkin
- Engineer [Recording & Mix] – Rick Ruggieri (tracks: A1 to B4, B6)
- Executive-Producer – Bernard Gelb
- Leader [String Section] – Sid Sharp* (tracks: A3 to A5)
- Liner Notes – B.G.*
- Mastered By – Mike Reese
- Pedal Steel Guitar – Red Rhodes (tracks: A2, B1, B2, B4)
- Photography By – Irene Harris
- Piano [Acoustic] – Larry Knechtel (tracks: A2, A3, A5, B4, B6)
- Producer – David Kershenbaum, Joan Baez
- Viola – Isabelle Daskoff (tracks: A3 to A5)
- Violin – Carl La Magna* (tracks: A3 to A5), James Getzoff (tracks: A3 to A5), Raymond Kelly* (tracks: A3 to A5), Robert Konrad (tracks: A3 to A5), Robert Ostrowsky (tracks: A3 to A5), Ronald Folsom (tracks: A3 to A5), Sidney Sharp (tracks: A3 to A5), Tibor Zelig (tracks: A3 to A5), William Hymanson (tracks: A3 to A5), William Kurasch (tracks: A3 to A5)
- Vocals – Joan Baez
Terre Haute Pressing with variant center labels (typeset) from this Terre Haute press which displays "x" next to A&M logo.
Custom (cardstock) inner sleeve contains lyrics
Recorded January 21-24, 1975 - A&M Studios A, B & D.
Synthesizers recorded January 28 at Cecil & Margouleff.
String & Pedal Steel overdubs recorded January 29 at Wally Heider Studio #4.
A1, A5, B4: Copyright © 1975 Chandos Music (ASCAP)
A2: Copyright © 1974 Benchmark Music
A3: Copyright © 1970 Jobete Music Company, Inc.
A5: Copyright © 1975 Ram's Horn Music (ASCAP)
B1: Copyright © 1972 No Exit Music Co., Inc. (BMI)
B2: Copyright © 1971 Cotillion Music Inc. and Sour Grapes Music (BMI)
B3: Copyright © 1972, 1973 Frank Music Corp. (ASCAP)
B5: no publishing information or lyrics included
B6: This Arrangement Copyright © 1975 Chandos Music (ASCAP) / Copyright © 1913 Boosey & Co. Ltd. (ASCAP); Copyright renewed 1941. Reprinted by permission of Boosey & Hawkes Inc.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (A Side Label): SP-4791
- Matrix / Runout (B Side Label): SP-4792
- Matrix / Runout (A Side Etch, except TML stamp): T1 SP 4791 T1 TML-S
- Matrix / Runout (B Side Etch, except TML stamp): T1 SP 4792 T1 TML-M
- Rights Society: BMI
- Rights Society: ASCAP
Other Versions (5 of 62) View All
|SP-4527||Joan Baez||Diamonds & Rust (LP, Album, Mon)||A&M Records||SP-4527||US||1975||Sell This Version|
|LK 57135||Joan Baez||Diamonds & Rust (Cass, Album)||PGP RTB||LK 57135||Yugoslavia||1976||Sell This Version|
|8Q-54527||Joan Baez||Diamonds & Rust (8-Trk, Album, Quad)||A&M Records||8Q-54527||US||1975||Sell This Version|
|LP 5554||Joan Baez||Diamonds & Rust (LP, Album)||PGP RTB||LP 5554||Yugoslavia||1976||Sell This Version|
|QU-54527||Joan Baez||Diamonds & Rust (LP, Album, Quad, CD-)||A&M Records||QU-54527||US||1975||Sell This Version|