Tracklist Hide Credits
- Accordion, Saw [Musical] – Dan Cantrell
- Banjo, Guitar – Kevin Barker
- Cover [Front Cover, "Untitled" (1980)] – William Eggleston
- Drums, Vocals – Neal Morgan
- Engineer – Tim Green (2)
- Photography By [Japan, Mount Fuji With Blossom Tree] – Dex Image, Getty Images, Kiyomasa Miyashita, Yamanashi Fujicolor
- Photography By [Moon Images] – NASA/JPL-Caltech*
- Tambura, Guitar – Ryan Francesconi
- Vocals, Harp – Joanna Newsom
These recordings were made and mixed over the course of three days, at the end of a seven week long U.S. tour. We all sat in a room together and recorded live and fast. I was feeling spooked after 3 consecutive cancelled shows due to a lost voice; but nonetheless this stands as a document of the sound and arrangements of this particular touring band. (The band also featured Kate Hardin singing and playing glokenspeil, but not on these songs).
Tim Green engineered the sessions at the great PLANT studios in Sausalito, CA.
The musicians arranged all their own parts, with the partial exception of some tambura and accordion parts on "Cosmia", of which large portions were transposed and adapted (by Ryan Francesconi and Daniel Cantrell) from the original score written by Van Dyke Parks.
Front cover: © Copyright 2007 Eggleston Artistic Trust, courtesy Cheim and Read, New York.
Moon images: Courtesy NASA/JPL-Caltech
©2007 Joanna Newsom
©&℗ Drag City Inc.
All songs recorded in California fall 2006
© & ℗ Drag City
P.O. Box 476867 Chicago
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 7 81484 03362 2
- Barcode (String): 781484033622
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 1): 4529-CD-0033,0034 07-069-15
- Mastering SID Code (Variant 1): IFPI LK13
- Mould SID Code (Variant 1): IFPI L813
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 2): 4529-CD-0033,0034 07-069-15
- Mastering SID Code (Variant 2): IFPI LK13
- Mould SID Code (Variant 2): IFPI 3V43