- Record Company – Polydor Records Ltd.
- Bass – Miroslav Vitous, Walter Booker
- Composed By – Joe Zawinul
- Electric Piano – Herbie Hancock, Joe Zawinul
- Flute – George Davis (2) (tracks: A1 to B1, B3), Hubert Laws (tracks: B2)
- Melodica – Jack DeJohnette (tracks: B1)
- Percussion – Billy Hart, David Lee (2), Jack DeJohnette (tracks: B2), Joe Chambers
- Producer – Joel Dorn
- Soprano Saxophone – Earl Turbinton (tracks: A1 to B1, B3), Wayne Shorter (tracks: B2)
- Trumpet – Jimmy Owens (tracks: B1), Woody Shaw (tracks: A1, A2, B2, B3)
Music for two electric pianos, flute, trumpet, soprano saxophone, two contrabasses and percussion.
A1: Dedicated to Herbie Hancock for his Honorary Doctorate at Grinnell University in Des Moines, Iowa.
A2: Impressions of Joe Zawinul's as a shepherd boy in Austria.
B1: A tone poem reminiscent of his grandfather's funeral on a cold winter day in an Austrian mountain village.
B2: A concept of what man thinks he is as opposed to what he really is.
B3: Joe Zawinul's first impression of New York when he arrived here as a boy on a ship from France.
Recorded at Atlantic Recording Studios, New York, N.Y.
Other Versions (5 of 27) View All
|SD 1579||Zawinul*||Zawinul (LP, Album)||Atlantic||SD 1579||US||1971||Sell This Version|
|SD 1579||Zawinul*||Zawinul (LP, Album, MO)||Atlantic||SD 1579||US||1971||Sell This Version|
|1579-2||Joe Zawinul||Zawinul (CD, Album, RE)||Atlantic, Atlantic Jazz||1579-2||US||1994||Sell This Version|
|MOVLP1162||Joe Zawinul||Zawinul (LP, Album, RE, RM, 180)||Music On Vinyl||MOVLP1162||Netherlands||2014||Sell This Version|
|MSC 5006||Joe Zawinul||Zawinul (CD, Album, RE, RM)||Mosaic Contemporary||MSC 5006||US||2007||Sell This Version|