Tracklist Hide Credits
|The Falklands Suite|
|2||There Was A Saviour - Interlude I||9:35|
|3||On A Wedding Anniversary||5:00|
|5||Lie Still, Sleep Becalmed||4:18|
|6||Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night||5:25|
|Songs Without Words|
|7||Songs Without Words I||2:40|
|8||Songs Without Words II||1:50|
|9||The Soul Of Carmen Miranda
Music By – Brian EnoViola [Additional], Violin [Additional] – Nell CatchpoleWords By – Brian Eno, John Cale
- Made By – Record Service GmbH
- Manufactured By – Warner Bros. Records Inc.
- Distributed By – Warner Bros. Records Inc.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Warner Bros. Records Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Warner Bros. Records Inc.
- Published By – John Cale Music, Inc.
- Published By – Opal Music
- Recorded At – Gosteleradio Studios
- Recorded At – Strongroom
- Recorded At – Wilderness Studio
- Recorded At – The Living Room (2)
- Art Direction – Hugh Brown (3)
- Choir – The Choir Of Llandaff Cathedral Choir School (tracks: 1 to 6)
- Chorus Master [Choirmaster] – Dr. Michael Smith (tracks: 1 to 6)
- Conductor – Alexander G. Mikhailov (tracks: 1 to 6)
- Design – Hugh Brown (3), Jeri Heiden, John Heiden
- Engineer – Blaise Dupuy (tracks: 7, 8), Paul Rice (tracks: 7, 8)
- Engineer [England] – Brian Eno (tracks: 1 to 6), Stephen Taylor* (tracks: 1 to 6)
- Engineer [Moscow] – Sasha Karasiov (tracks: 1 to 6)
- Music By, Liner Notes [June '89] – John Cale
- Orchestra – The Orchestra Of Symphonic & Popular Music Of Gosteleradio* (tracks: 1 to 6)
- Performer – Brian Eno (tracks: 9), John Cale
- Photography By [Front Cover Photo, New York] – Deborah Feingold
- Photography By [Other Photos, Moscow] – Eduard Basilia
- Producer – Brian Eno
- Words By – Dylan Thomas (tracks: 1 to 6)
Orchestra recorded at Gosteleradio Studios, Moscow.
John Cale recorded at The Strongroom, London and Wilderness Studios, Woodbridge, Suffolk, England.
Songs Without Words:
Recorded at the Living Room, New York City, USA.
The Soul Of Carmen Miranda:
Recorded at Wilderness Studios, Woodbridge.
All music published by John Cale Music Inc. BMI except "The Soul of Carmen Miranda" published by John Cale Music Inc. BMI / Opal Music
Opal Records, manufactured and distributed by Warner Bros. Records Inc., a Warner Communications Company.
© 1989 Warner Bros. Records Inc. ℗ 1989 Warner Bros. Records Inc.
Manufactured in Germany
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 0 7599-26024-2 6
- Barcode (String): 075992602426
- Matrix / Runout: 926024-2 RSA
- Rights Society: GEMA / BIEM
- Rights Society (John Cale Music Inc.): BMI
- Label Code: LC 0392
- SPARS Code: AAD
- Price Code (France): WE 851
Other Versions (5 of 17) View All
|9 26024-2||John Cale||Words For The Dying (CD, Album)||Opal Records||9 26024-2||US||1989||Sell This Version|
|7599-26024-2||John Cale||Words For The Dying (CD, Album)||Opal Records, Warner Bros. Records||7599-26024-2||Europe||Unknown||Sell This Version|
|9 26024-4, 4-26024||John Cale||Words For The Dying (Cass, Album)||Opal Records, Opal Records, Warner Bros. Records, Warner Bros. Records||9 26024-4, 4-26024||US||1989||Sell This Version|
|ASCD09, ASCDA09||John Cale||Words For The Dying (CD, Album, RE)||All Saints, All Saints||ASCD09, ASCDA09||UK||Unknown||Sell This Version|
|9 26024-4, 4-26024||John Cale||Words For The Dying (Cass, Album, AR)||Opal Records, Opal Records, Warner Bros. Records, Warner Bros. Records||9 26024-4, 4-26024||US||1989||Sell This Version|