- Bass – Paul Chambers (3)
- Design [Cover] – Marvin Israel
- Drums – Art Taylor (tracks: 1 to 5, 7, 10 to 12), Jimmy Cobb (tracks: 6), Lex Humphries (tracks: 8, 9)
- Engineer [Recording] – Phil Iehle, Tom Dowd
- Liner Notes – Nat Hentoff
- Mastered By [CD Mastering] – Stephen Innocenzi
- Photography By [Cover Photo] – Lee Friedlander
- Piano – Cedar Walton (tracks: 8, 9), Tommy Flanagan (tracks: 1 to 5, 7, 10 to 12), Wynton Kelly (tracks: 6)
- Producer – Nesuhi Ertegun
- Tenor Saxophone – John Coltrane
Tracks 1-5, 7 and 10-12 were recorded on May 4, 1959.
Track 6 was recorded on December 2, 1959.
All the selections were recorded at Atlantic Studios, New York, NY.
Tracks 8-12: CD only bonus tracks. Alternate takes.
Essentially the same matrix as John Coltrane - Giant Steps, but with a mould SID code
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 0 7567-81337-2 5
- Barcode (Scanned): 075678133725
- Matrix / Runout: 3 1311-2 SRC=03 M11S13
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 2U3N
Other Versions (5 of 107) View All
|1311||John Coltrane||Giant Steps (LP, Album, Mono)||Atlantic||1311||US||1960||Sell This Version|
|1311||John Coltrane||Giant Steps (LP, Album, RE)||Atlantic||1311||US||1968||Sell This Version|
|SD 1311||John Coltrane||Giant Steps (LP, Album, RE, RP, Bar)||Atlantic||SD 1311||US||Unknown||Sell This Version|
|none||John Coltrane||Giant Steps (7xFile, AIFF, Album, RE, RM, 24-)||Rhino Atlantic||none||US||2015|
|B 1311||John Coltrane||Giant Steps (Cass, Mono)||Atlantic||B 1311||France||Unknown||Sell This Version|