John Williams (4) – Star Wars (A New Hope) (The Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
Tracklist Hide Credits
- A&R [A&R Direction For RCA Victor] – Bill Rosenfield, Joe Mozian
- Art Direction [For Rca Victor] – Richard Dombrowski
- Composed By, Conductor – John Williams (4) (tracks: 1.02 to 2.11)
- Edited By [Album Editing And Asembly Supervised By], Liner Notes – Michael Matessino
- Edited By [Digital], Mastered By [Digital] – Dan Hersch
- Edited By [Supervising Music Editor] – Kenneth Wannberg*
- Engineer [Recording] – Eric Tomlinson
- Orchestrated By – Herbert W. Spencer
- Other [Project Coordinator For Twentieth Century Fox] – Tom Cavanaugh
- Performer – The London Symphony Orchestra (tracks: 1.02 to 2.11)
- Producer – George Lucas
- Producer [Album] – Nick Redman
- Recording Supervisor – Lionel Newman
- Technician [Multi-track Transfers] – Brian Risner
32-page booklet includes extensive liner notes, photographs, and a recording log for the Star Wars scoring sessions.
Track 1-13b is hidden (although stated and explained on liner notes), starting at minute 5:00 of track 1-13a, after two minutes of silence. It consists of five recorded takes of the "Main Title", presented consecutively with slate numbers and incidental noise; they were takes 16 through 20 of the original recording sessions. Track 1-2 is actually an edited version, using portions from takes 18, 19, and 20. The total duration of track 1-13 (called "Archival Bonus Track") is 17:00.
Tracks previously unreleased: 1-8 (Learn About The Force), 1-13, 2-4
Tracks containing previously unreleased music: 1-5, 1-8 (Tales Of A Jedi Knight), 2-2 (Imperial Cruiser Pursuit)
Recorded at Anvil Studios, Denham, England, March 5, 8-12, 15, and 16, 1977.
35mm Magnetic elements transferred at The North Room, Zanuck Theatre, Twentieth Century Fox Studios, Los Angeles, CA, April 1996.
16-Track analog elements transferred at Trax, Hollywood, CA, May 1996.
Digitally assembled and mastered at Digiprep, Hollywood, CA, April-June 1996.
All music published by Bantha Music, Inc. (BMI).
Co-published by Warner-Tamerlane Publishing Corp. (BMI).
℗ & © 1997 Lucasfilm Ltd.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 7 7749-940676 6 02
- Mastering SID Code (CD1): IFPI L323
- Mould SID Code (CD1): 6706
- Matrix / Runout (CD1): DIDX-052707 2
- Mastering SID Code (CD2): IFPI L323
- Mould SID Code (CD2): 6700
- Matrix / Runout (CD2): DIDX-053755 1
Other Versions (5 of 123) View All
|2T-541||John Williams (4), The London Symphony Orchestra||John Williams (4), The London Symphony Orchestra - Star Wars (2xLP, Album, Gat)||20th Century Records||2T-541||US||1977||Sell This Version|
|6641759||John Williams (4), The London Symphony Orchestra||John Williams (4), The London Symphony Orchestra - Star Wars (Guerra de Las Galaxias) (2xLP, Album)||20th Century Records||6641759||Colombia||1977||Sell This Version|
|AB 453A||John Williams (4), The London Symphony Orchestra||John Williams (4), The London Symphony Orchestra - Star Wars 1 (Cass, Album, Unofficial)||AB (3)||AB 453A||Saudi Arabia||Unknown||Sell This Version|
|2T-541||John Williams (4), The London Symphony Orchestra||John Williams (4), The London Symphony Orchestra - Star Wars (2xLP, Non)||20th Century Records||2T-541||US||1977||Sell This Version|
|6641 679||The London Symphony Orchestra||Star Wars (2xLP, Album, Gat)||20th Century Records||6641 679||Greece||1977||Sell This Version|