Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||San Francisco Airport Rock
Engineer [Mixing] – Martin Dupras (2)Recorded By [Recording Assistance] – Janice Neri
|2||Dima Dobralsa Domoy||7:15|
|3||In Medias Res||9:46|
|4||Homage To Orpheus
Recorded By [Recordings Of African Voices] – James Fernandez (2)
|5||Times Square Times Ten||9:02|
|6||Newark Airport Rock||2:12|
|7||CCCP (In Memoriam: Anatoly Kuznetsov)||5:10|
- CGI Artist [Conception Et Production Infographique / Computer Graphic Design And Production] – Luc Beauchemin
- Composed By – Jon Appleton
- Cover [Couverture / Cover] – Esmé Thompson
- Executive-Producer [Production Délégué / Executive Production], Transferred By [Transfert Audionumérique / Digital Audio Transfer] – Martin Dupras (2)
- Liner Notes [Contes De La Mémoire / Memory’s Tales] – Jon Appleton
- Liner Notes [Traduction Françoise / French Translation] – Aline Barnoti
- Liner Notes [Une Clarté Lumineuse / Illuminating] – Jean-Claude Risset
- Management [Direction Artistique / Artistic Direction] – Jean-François Denis
- Photography By [Portrait] – John Sheldon (2)
A MIDI sequence prepared at the Dibner Institute for the History of Science and Technology at MIT in the Fall of 1994. Airport voices recorded at the San Francisco International Airport in March, 1996. Final mix at the Bregman Electronic Music Studio in May, 1996. Recording assistance: Janice Neri. Mixing engineer: Martin Dupras.
Dima Dobralsa Domoy (1993)
Original voice recordings in September, 1993 at the Hopkins Center, Dartmouth College. Synthesized and sampled material from the Synclavier. Edited and mixed on the Synclavier in the Bregman Electronic Music Studio in December, 1993.
In Media Res (1978)
Synthesized material from the Dartmouth Digital Synthesizer developed by Sydney Alonso and Cameron Jones at the Thayer School of Engineering, Dartmouth College. Mixed down from Scully multitrack recorders in the Bregman Electronic Music Studio.
Homage To Orpheus (1970)
Composed to accompany a sculpture by Varujan Boghosian. Concrete sounds and synthesized material processed through a Moog III in the Bregman Electronic Music Studio. Recordings of African voices by James Fernandez. The work was originally recorded on an endless tape loop for its performance in the gallery where the sculpture was exhibited.
Times Square Times Ten (1969)
Recordings done in New York City in July, 1969. Edison cylinders belonging to Ray Nash recorded in Royalton, Vermont. Mixed in the Bregman Electronic Music Studio.
Newark Airport Rock (1969)
Composed in 1969. Recordings done at Newark Airport (NJ) in February, 1969. Synthesized accompaniment prepared on a Moog III synthesizer in the Bregman Electronic Music Studio.
CCCP (In Memoriam: Anatoly Kuznetsov) (1969)
Composed using voices recorded from Radio Moscow, the BBC and synthesized material processed by a Moog III synthesizer in the Bregman Electronic Music Studio.
Spuyten Duyvil (1967)
Composed in the Electronic Music Studio at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan.
Georganna’s Fancy (1966)
Composed in March, 1966 at the Columbia-Princeton Electronic Music Center in New York City.
Chef D’Œuvre (1967)
Composed in the Griffith Electronic Music Studio at Dartmouth College. Original recording of the Andrews Sisters used with the permission of American Home Foods.
DIFFUSION i MéDIA
Conception et production infographique / Computer graphic design and production
Luc Beauchemin, Montréal
Couverture / Cover
"Heliotrope" (1993), Esmé Thompson (ÉU / USA)
Portrait / Portrait
John Sheldon (ÉU / USA)
Imprimerie / Printing
Richard Veilleux Imprimeur Montréal [logo]
Production délégué et transfert audionumérique / Executive Production and Digital audio transfer
Martin Dupras, Dartmouth College, Hannover, NH (ÉU / USA)
Pressage / Pressing
Disque Améric, Drummondville
Œuvres éditées par / Works published by
YMX MéDIA (SOCAN), Montréal, 1996
Traduction françoise / French translation
Aline Barnoti, Montréal
© Jon Appleton, 1966, 67, 69, 70, 78, 93, 96 (ASCAP)
℗ DIFFUSION i MéDIA, 1996
Produit Au Québec
Made In Canada
Packaged in an OPAK box, with 28-page booklet in French and English.
The title for track #3 is misprinted as "In Media Res" on the back cover, and on pages 11 & 28 of the booklet.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Printed): 7 71028 96352 2
- Barcode (Scanned): 771028963522
- Mastering SID Code (Mirrored): IFPI L481
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 8103
- Matrix / Runout (Mirrored): DADR 0W6V1<152>IMED9635
- Rights Society (Publisher): SOCAN
- Rights Society (Copyright owner): ASCAP
- SPARS Code (Tracks 1, 2): DDD
- SPARS Code (Tracks 3 to 10): ADD
- Other (ISRC, track 1): CA-D50-96-1267-0
- Other (ISRC, track 2): CA-D50-96-1268-0
- Other (ISRC, track 3): CA-D50-96-1269-0
- Other (ISRC, track 4): CA-D50-96-1270-0
- Other (ISRC, track 5): CA-D50-96-1271-0
- Other (ISRC, track 6): CA-D50-96-1272-0
- Other (ISRC, track 7): CA-D50-96-1273-0
- Other (ISRC, track 8): CA-D50-96-1274-0
- Other (ISRC, track 9): CA-D50-96-1275-0
- Other (ISRC, track 10): CA-D50-96-1276-0