Tracklist Hide Credits
- Cameraman – BootlegTV (tracks: DVD 2), WOWOW (tracks: DVD 1)
- Design – Hugh O'Donnell
- Drums [Electronic Drumming] – Pat Mastelotto (tracks: DVD 2)
- Drums, Percussion [Traps And Buttons] – Pat Mastelotto (tracks: DVD 1)
- Edited By – Taka Watanabe (tracks: DVD 1)
- Engineer [Lightning Engineer] – Alan McGregor (tracks: DVD 2)
- Engineer [Monitor Engineer] – Alan Bradshaw (tracks: DVD 2)
- Engineer [Recording Engineer] – Ken Latchney (tracks: DVD 2)
- Engineer [Sound Engineer] – George Glossop (tracks: DVD 2)
- Guitar – Robert Fripp (tracks: DVD 1, DVD 2)
- Guitar [Touch Guitar, Ashbory], Bass, Performer [Talker] – Trey Gunn (tracks: DVD 2)
- Guitar [Warr Guitar], Guitar [Fretless Warr Guitar] – Trey Gunn (tracks: DVD 1)
- Guitar, Vocals – Adrian Belew (tracks: DVD 1, DVD 2)
- Mastered By [Production Mastering At Dgm Soundworld] – David Singleton, Robert Fripp
- Mixed By – David Singleton (tracks: DVD 2), The Vicar (2) (tracks: DVD 2)
- Mixed By [Assistant] – Alex Mundy (tracks: DVD 2), Michael Roze (tracks: DVD 1), Punk Sanderson (tracks: DVD 2)
- Mixed By [At The Machine Shop] – Machine (7) (tracks: DVD 1)
- Other [Bootlegtv Crew] – Alexandra Steele (tracks: DVD 2), Bridger Nielsen (tracks: DVD 2), Jamieson Fry (tracks: DVD 2)
- Other [Coach Driver] – Maurice Good (tracks: DVD 2)
- Other [Drum Tech] – Bill Munyon (tracks: DVD 1)
- Other [Drum Technician] – Bill Munyon (tracks: DVD 2)
- Other [Dvd Authoring At S&r Cressidia Ltd.] – Toby Richards
- Other [Guitar Tech] – John Sinks (tracks: DVD 1), Ken Latchney (tracks: DVD 1)
- Other [Guitar Technician] – John Sinks (tracks: DVD 2)
- Other [Interpreter / Road Manager] – Mizuno Oda (tracks: DVD 1), Tom Tao (tracks: DVD 1)
- Other [King Crimson Manager] – Richard Chadwick (tracks: DVD 2)
- Other [Lightning Director] – Tim Kane (tracks: DVD 1)
- Other [Merchandizer] – William Wilson (tracks: DVD 2)
- Other [Monitors] – Tim Illian (tracks: DVD 1)
- Other [Production Manager & Foh] – Greg Dean (tracks: DVD 1)
- Other [Production Manager] – Yoshi Horiye (tracks: DVD 1)
- Other [Tour Manager] – Laurie Small (tracks: DVD 2), Mary Joe Kaczka (tracks: DVD 1)
- Painting [Cover And Menue Artwork From "the Outsider", A Painting By] – P.J. Crook
- Photography By – Bill Munyon
- Written-by [Music] – King Crimson (tracks: DVD 1, DVD 2)
- Written-by [Words] – Adrian Belew (tracks: DVD 1, DVD 2)
Sanctuary Visual Entertainment is a label of Sanctuary Records Group Ltd.
All titles published by BMG Music Publishing Ltd / Robert Stevens Inc / Poppy Due Inc except "One Time" BMG Music Publishing Ltd / Robert Stevens Inc / Poppy Due Inc / T-Lev Inc.
All titles published by BMG Music Publishing Ltd / Robert Stevens Inc / Poppy Due Inc
"Heroes" EMI Music Publishing Ltd / BMG Songs Ltd / RZO Music Ltd
"VROOOM", "One Time", "Dinosaur", "Cage", "Sex, Sleep, Eat, Drink, Dream" BMG Music Publishing Ltd / Robert Stevens Inc / Poppy Due Inc / T-Lev Inc.
"Three Of A Perfect Pair" BMG Music Publishing Ltd
"How to capture a band that plays a different concert every night. By making a DVD that plays differently every time. Simple to conceive. At 4am on a final day, after two months of work, a little more challenging. If the next few hours are successful, then "The Snow" on the BootlegTV disc will simulate a different concert experience every time - randomly inserting improvisations at point where they might have belonged.
Depending on the speed of your DVD player, there may be a slight pause each time it makes a random selection. This is not a fault. Do not return your disc. Krim have never been a band for soft fades, but hard cuts and wild leaps.
While on the subject of "hard cuts", I should perhaps be apologising for the "quantity" of the footage. But no. I love its honesty. Crimson have never been a visual band, and this footage captures them on their own terms. The video equivalent of an official bootleg: Smell-a-vision.
Whether you want to smell a concert is an entirely different question.
By filming an entire tour, BootlegTV broke the rule that any concert that is filmed is automatically a bad concert. It captured a band in full flight. Terrifying, this DVD merely scatches the surface of the available archives from that summer 2000 European tour.
There is an intersting story to be written about this project. The concerts in Japan that were cancelled, the Mobile studio that crashed before the show, the missing multitrack tapes that resurfaced in a cupboard in Seattle on the last hour of the last night of mixing, the mastering studio that wasn't, the CD writer that wouldn't.
Perhaps a job for the vicar.
It is now 6.23 am and the master hard drive needs to be driven to DGM by 7am. The sun is up, and it is the end of a twenty two hour day. It is possible there are a few twists yet to come.
Why is it that we do this?!"
Poole, 4 Sep 2003
Robert Fripp plays Fernandes and 48th Street Guitars. Trey Gunn's touch guitars are made exclusively by Mark Warr of Warr Guitars.
Pat thanks Adam at M-Audio, Garrison and Fujimaru at DW drums, Rich & Eric at Piaste, Steve at Evans heads, Marco at Vic Firth.
King Crimson is managed worldwide by DGM Ltd
fax: (44)1722 781042
Charlie Hewitt/DGM US
Thanks to Atsushi Naito and Masa Matsuzaki, Richard Chadwick and Adrain Molley at Opium Arts Ltd, Charlie Hewitt
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 5 050361 730561
Other Versions (5 of 7) View All
|06076-88369-9||King Crimson||Eyes Wide Open (2xDVD-V, Dol)||Sanctuary Records||06076-88369-9||US||2003||Sell This Version|
|DGM0901||King Crimson||Eyes Wide Open (2xDVD-V, RE, Multichannel, NTSC)||Discipline Global Mobile||DGM0901||US||2009||Sell This Version|
|UIBE-1020/1||King Crimson||Eyes Wide Open (2xDVD-V)||Universal Music K.K.||UIBE-1020/1||Japan||2004||Sell This Version|
|SVE3056||King Crimson||Eyes Wide Open (2xDVD-V, NTSC)||Sanctuary Visual Entertainment||SVE3056||Brazil||2004||Sell This Version|
|SVEM0248||King Crimson||Eyes Wide Open (2xDVD-V, RE)||Sanctuary Visual Entertainment Midline, Discipline Global Mobile||SVEM0248||UK||2006||Sell This Version|