King Crimson – In The Court Of The Crimson King - An Observation By King Crimson
DVD, DVD-Audio, DVD-Video, Multichannel, NTSC, Stereo, Mono
All Media, Digipak
|2009 Stereo Mix|
|CD-1||21st Century Schizoid Man||7:24|
|CD-2||I Talk To The Wind||6:00|
|CD-5||The Court Of The Crimson King||9:20|
|CD-6||Moonchild (Full Version)||12:13|
|CD-7||I Talk To The Wind (Duo Version)||4:54|
|CD-8||I Talk To The Wind (Alternate Mix)||6:34|
|CD-9||Epitaph (Backing Track)||9:02|
|DVD-1||21st Century Schizoid Man||7:24|
|DVD-2||I Talk To The Wind||6:00|
|DVD-5||The Court Of The Crimson King||9:20|
|2009 Stereo Mix|
|DVD-6||21st Century Schizoid Man||7:24|
|DVD-7||I Talk To The Wind||6:00|
|DVD-10||The Court Of The Crimson King||9:20|
|Original Master Edition 2004|
|DVD-11||21st Century Schizoid Man||7:24|
|DVD-12||I Talk To The Wind||6:05|
|DVD-15||The Court Of The Crimson King||9:23|
|Additional Audio Content|
|DVD-16||Moonchild (Full Version)||12:13|
|DVD-17||I Talk To The Wind (Duo Version)||4:54|
|DVD-18||I Talk To The Wind (Alternate Mix)||6:34|
|DVD-19||Epitaph (Backing Track)||9:02|
|The Alternate Album|
|DVD-21||21st Century Schizoid Man (Instrumental)|
|DVD-22||I Talk To The Wind (Studio Run Through)|
|DVD-23||Epitaph (Alternate Version)|
|DVD-24||Moonchild (Take 1)|
|DVD-25||The Court Of The Crimson King (Take 3)|
|DVD-26||21st Century Schizoid Man - Edit|
- Artwork [Cover] – Barry Godber
- Artwork [Package Art], Design – Hugh O'Donnell
- Bass Guitar, Lead Vocals – Greg Lake
- Compiled By [Compiled And Coordinated By] – Declan Colgan
- Design [Dvd Design], Layout – Claire Bidwell
- Drums, Percussion, Vocals – Michael Giles
- Engineer – Robin Thompson
- Engineer [Assistant] – Tony Page
- Executive Producer [2009 Stereo Mix], Executive Producer [Bonus Tracks], Executive Producer [5.1 Tracks], Executive Producer [The Alternate Album] – Robert Fripp
- Guitar – Robert Fripp
- Mastered By [5.1 Tracks], Other [Dvd Authoring] – Neil Wilkes
- Mastered By [Assistant - Stereo Files] – Joe Gilder
- Mastered By [Stereo Files] – Simon Heyworth
- Mixed By [2009 Stereo Mix], Producer [2009 Stereo Mix] – Robert Fripp, Steven Wilson
- Mixed By [5.1 Tracks], Producer [5.1 Tracks] – Steven Wilson
- Mixed By [Original Master Edition 2004], Remastered By [Original Master Edition 2004, 24-bit], Mastered By [Stereo Files] – Simon Heyworth
- Mixed By [The Alternate Album], Producer [The Alternate Album] – Steven Wilson
- Mixed By, Producer – Robert Fripp (tracks: CD-1 to CD-6), Steven Wilson (tracks: CD-1 to CD-6, CD-7 to CD-10)
- Other [Dvd Qc Testing] – Bob Romano, Bob Squires, Jon Urban, Patrick Cleasby
- Producer – King Crimson
- Reeds, Woodwind, Vibraphone [Vibes], Keyboards, Mellotron, Vocals – Ian McDonald
- Research [Dgm Tape Archive] – Alex R. Mundy
- Technician [Equipment] – Dik*, Vick*
- Technician [Tape Transfers] – Kevin Vanbergen
- Words By, Other [Illumination] – Peter Sinfield
1. 2009 Stereo Mix remixed from the original multitrack master tapes
2. Bonus tracks - notes:
Moonchild (Full Version): As Robert chose to feature the edit of Moonchild in the album running order, the full version is included here.
I Talk To The Wind (Duo Version): An alternate take featuring just Robert Fripp & Ian McDonald.
I Talk To The Wind (Alternate Mix): An alternate take featuring different solos.
Wind Session: Extracts from the session that produced the distinctive intro to 21st Century Schizoid Man.
1. Original album remixed in MLP Lossless 5.1 Surround* and DTS 5.1 Digital Surround**
2. Original album mix (2004 master edition), 2009 stereo album mix, CD bonus tracks and Alternate takes album in MLP Lossless Stereo (24/96)* and PCM Stereo 2.0*** (24/48)
3. Video content (Audio: mono)
*only playable with DVD-Audio players, or players that are DVD-Audio compatible
**playable in all DVD players/DVD-ROM drives etc. with a compatible speaker setup
***playable in all DVD players/DVD-ROM drives etc.
Alternate takes mixed for the first time from the original studio recordings
The video content is a film edit of "21st Century Schizoid Man" from the Hyde Park concert in July 5th 1969. Available for the first time with original audio from the performance.
On the 2009 remix:
"We have taken the original mix as our template. The only significant change to the original release is our edit of the improv following 'Moonchild'. This was discussed at the time, has been discussed since, and is done now." - Robert Fripp, June 27th. 2009; Worcestershire, England
The full version is included as Moonchild (Full Version) on this release.
There is a 10 seconds pregap of silence between CD-5 and CD-6, and approximately 1 to 3 seconds pregaps of silence between all of the bonus tracks on CD.
All material previously unreleased or previously unreleased in these versions except the original album mix (2004 master edition), previously released in standard 16 bit resolution as CD (DGM0501) King Crimson - In The Court Of The Crimson King - An Observation By King Crimson
This release comes in a 2×digipack format in a slipcase with new sleeve notes by Robert Fripp & King Crimson biographer Sid Smith along with rare photos and archive material.
This anniversary edition is also available as a Double CD (DGM5009) King Crimson - In The Court Of The Crimson King - An Observation By King Crimson and 5CD/1DVDA Deluxe Box Set (KCCBX1) King Crimson - In The Court Of The Crimson King - An Observation By King Crimson.
The original album was released October 10th 1969.
CD-1 to CD-10 Universal Music Limited
Recorded at Wessex Sound Studios, London. Produced for E.G. Productions - 'David & John'.
Stereo files mastered at Super Audio Mastering.
5.1 mastered at Opus Productions Ltd.
DVD Design & Layout at Opus Productions Ltd.
DVD Authoring at Opus Productions.
Tape transfers at the FX Copy Room London.
Compiled & Coordinated for DGM.
Released via Inner Knot (USA/Canada), WHD (Japan), Panegyric (rest of World)
℗ & © Robert Fripp
This compilation ℗ & © Robert Fripp
DVD-21 is on the DVD titled "21st Century Schiziod Man"
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 633367400123
- Barcode: (Text) 6 33367 40012 3
- Label Code: LC 00614
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI LW03
- Matrix / Runout (CD): B363126 @1 DGM5009
- Matrix / Runout (DVD Layer 0): B363112-0 @1 KCSP1
- Matrix / Runout (DVD Layer 1): B363112-1 @1 KCSP1 @
- Mould SID Code (CD Variant 1): IFPI AAHR0
- Mould SID Code (CD Variant 2): IFPI AAHP9
- Mould SID Code (DVD Variant 1): IFPI AAHH1
- Mould SID Code (DVD Variant 2): IFPI AAHY1
Other Versions (5 of 250) View All
|ILPS 9111, ILPS-9111||King Crimson||In The Court Of The Crimson King (An Observation By King Crimson) (LP, Album)||Island Records, Island Records||ILPS 9111, ILPS-9111||UK||1969||Sell This Version|
|EGCD 1, 0777 7 86485 2 9||King Crimson||In The Court Of The Crimson King (CD, Album, RE, RM)||EG, EG||EGCD 1, 0777 7 86485 2 9||Netherlands||1989||Sell This Version|
|140.8017||King Crimson||In The Court Of The Crimson King (An Observation By King Crimson) (LP, Album, RE, Gat)||Virgin||140.8017||Brazil||1988||Sell This Version|
|85 796 ET||King Crimson||In The Court Of The Crimson King (An Observation By King Crimson) (LP, Album, RE)||Island Records||85 796 ET||Germany||1974||Sell This Version|
|PCCY-00661||King Crimson||In The Court Of The Crimson King (CD, Album, RE, RM)||Canyon International, Discipline Records (3)||PCCY-00661||Japan||1994||Sell This Version|