Tracklist Hide Credits
|2012 Stereo Mix|
|CD-1||Larks' Tongues In Aspic (Part I)||13:35|
|CD-2||Book Of Saturday||2:56|
|CD-5||The Talking Drum||7:24|
|CD-6||Larks' Tongues In Aspic (Part II)||7:24|
|CD-7||Larks' Tongues In Aspic (Part I) (Alternate Mix)||11:14|
|CD-8||Book Of Saturday (Alternate Take)||2:56|
|CD-9||The Talking Drum (Alternate Mix)||6:58|
|The 2012 Surround Mix - MLP Lossless 5.1 Surround|
|DVD-1-1||Larks' Tongues In Aspic (Part I)||13:35|
|DVD-1-2||Book Of Saturday||2:56|
|DVD-1-5||The Talking Drum||7:24|
|DVD-1-6||Larks' Tongues In Aspic (Part II)||7:24|
|The 2012 Surround Mix - DTS 5.1 Digital Surround|
|DVD-2-1||Larks' Tongues In Aspic (Part I)||13:35|
|DVD-2-2||Book Of Saturday||2:56|
|DVD-2-5||The Talking Drum||7:24|
|DVD-2-6||Larks' Tongues In Aspic (Part II)||7:24|
|The 2012 Stereo Album Mix - MLP Lossless Stereo (24/96)|
|DVD-3-1||Larks' Tongues In Aspic (Part I)||13:35|
|DVD-3-2||Book Of Saturday||2:56|
|DVD-3-5||The Talking Drum||7:24|
|DVD-3-6||Larks' Tongues In Aspic (Part II)||7:24|
|The 2012 Stereo Album Mix - PCM Stereo 2.0 (24/48)|
|DVD-4-1||Larks' Tongues In Aspic (Part I)||13:35|
|DVD-4-2||Book Of Saturday||2:56|
|DVD-4-5||The Talking Drum||7:24|
|DVD-4-6||Larks' Tongues In Aspic (Part II)||7:24|
|Original 1973 Stereo Mix (30th Anniversary Remaster) - PCM Stereo 2.0 (24/48)|
|DVD-5-1||Larks' Tongues In Aspic (Part I)||13:35|
|DVD-5-2||Book Of Saturday||2:55|
|DVD-5-5||The Talking Drum||7:25|
|DVD-5-6||Larks' Tongues In Aspic (Part II)||7:07|
|Alternate Takes And Mixes - PCM Stereo 2.0 (24/48)|
|DVD-6-1||Larks' Tongues In Aspic (Part I) (Alternate Mix)||11:14|
|DVD-6-2||Book Of Saturday (Alternate Take)||2:56|
|DVD-6-3||Exiles (Alternate Mix)|
|DVD-6-4||Easy Money (Jamie Muir Solo)|
|DVD-6-5||The Talking Drum (Alternate Mix)||6:58|
|DVD-6-6||Larks' Tongues In Aspic (Part II) (Alternate Mix)|
|DVD-6-7||Easy Money (Alternate Take)|
|Live In The Studio, Bremen|
|DVD-7-1||Improv: The Rich Tapestry Of Life|
|DVD-7-3||Larks' Tongues In Aspic (Part I)|
|DVD-7-4||Larks' Tongues In Aspic (Part I) (As Broadcast On Beat Club)
Transferred By – Patrick Cleasby
- Artwork By [Cover Design] – Tantra Designs
- Artwork By [Package], Design – Hugh O'Donnell
- Bass Vocals, Piano – John Wetton
- Design [DVD], Layout [DVD] – Claire Bidwell
- Drums – Bill Bruford
- Engineer – Nick Ryan
- Guitar, Mellotron, Effects [Devices] – Robert Fripp
- Mastered By – Robert Fripp (tracks: CD-1 to DVD-5-6), Simon Heyworth (tracks: CD-1 to DVD-5-6)
- Mastered By [Assistant] – Andy Miles (2) (tracks: CD-1 to DVD-5-6)
- Mixed By, Producer – Robert Fripp (tracks: CD-1 to DVD-4-6), Steven Wilson (tracks: CD-1 to DVD-4-6)
- Other [DVD Authoring], Other [Dvd Assembly] – Neil Wilkes
- Other [Equipment By] – Kettle, Simmons & Walmsley
- Percussion [Percussion & Allsorts] – Jamie Muir
- Photography [Drum Scanning] – Tim Parkin
- Research [DGM Tape Archive] – Alex R. Mundy
- Technician [Audio Tape Transfers] – Kevin Vanbergen
- Violin, Viola, Mellotron – David Cross
- 1x Platinum SHM CD, compatible with all CD players;
- 1x DVD-Audio/Video;
- 2x ‘Mini-LP’ replica outer sleeves (different versions), sized 7" x 7";
- 2x replica inner sleeves (different versions);
- 2x Obi strips;
- 1x 16-page booklet with sleeve notes* in English, along with photos and archive material;
- 1x additional black & white foldout leaflet, with liner notes and lyrics in Japanese.
*Sleeve notes by King Crimson biographer Sid Smith.
There are no track durations given on the release.
1. 2012 stereo mix remixed from the original multi-track master tapes
2. Bonus tracks
1. Original album remixed in MLP Lossless 5.1 Surround* and DTS 5.1 Digital Surround**
2. 2012 stereo album mix in MLP Lossless Stereo (24/96)* and PCM Stereo 2.0 (24/48)***
3. Original album mix (30th anniversary edition), alternate takes and mixes in PCM Stereo 2.0 (24/48)***
4. Video content (Audio: dual mono)
*only playable with DVD-Audio players, or players that are DVD-Audio compatible
**playable in all DVD players/DVD-ROM drives etc. with a compatible speaker setup
***playable in all DVD players/DVD-ROM drives etc.
Liner notes on the video content:
Most groups chose to play a couple of songs from a recent album or a well-known hit. King Crimson played three tracks, two yet to be recorded and a 30 minute improv. All were filmed. Only Larks' Tongues In Aspic (Part I) was broadcast on Beat Club.
Stereo and 5.1 files mastered at Super Audio Mastering, Devon.
DVD Design, Layout, Authoring & Assembly at Opus Productions Ltd.
Audio tape transfers at FX Copyroom.
Broadcast footage from Beat Club by arrangement with Studio Hamburg.
Vinyl artefacts and rarities courtesy of John Kimber.
Drum scanning at Bespoke Photographic Services Ltd.
Compiled and coordinated for DGM, with input and suggestions from Steven Wilson.
The original album was released March 23th 1973.
Recorded at Command Studios, London, January & February 1973.
A King Crimson Production.
This compilation ℗ & © Robert Fripp
Other Versions (5 of 123) View All
|ILPS 9230||King Crimson||Larks' Tongues In Aspic (LP, Album)||Island Records||ILPS 9230||UK||1973||Sell This Version|
|IECP-10008||King Crimson||Larks' Tongues In Aspic (HDCD, Album, RE, RM, Pap)||WHD Entertainment, Inc.||IECP-10008||Japan||2006||Sell This Version|
|KCCD 006||King Crimson||Larks' Tongues In Aspic (CD, Album, RM, Unofficial)||Not On Label (King Crimson)||KCCD 006||Russia||1999||Sell This Version|
|SD 7263||King Crimson||Larks' Tongues In Aspic (LP, Album, RE, Spe)||Atlantic||SD 7263||US||Unknown||Sell This Version|
|SD 7263||King Crimson||Larks' Tongues In Aspic (LP, Album, Promo)||Atlantic||SD 7263||US||1973||Sell This Version|