Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||Sing Sing: J. Edgar Hoover
Written-By – Michael Daugherty
|2||Barstow: Eight Hitchhikers' Inscriptions From A Highway Railing At Barstow, California
Arranged By [Arrangement] – Ben JohnstonVoice – Ben JohnstonWritten-By – Harry Partch
|Cold War Suite From How It Happens
Voice – I.F. StoneWritten-By – Scott Johnson
|7||What Would Have Happened||2:29|
Text By [Poem By], Read By [Reading By] – Allen GinsbergWritten-By – Lee Hyla
|11||Footnote To Howl||3:00|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Nonesuch Records Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Nonesuch Records Inc.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – WEA International Inc.
- Copyright (c) – WEA International Inc.
- Made By – WEA Manufacturing Inc.
- Published By – peermusic
- Published By – Smith Publications
- Published By – Emotomat Music
- Published By – Lee Hyla
- Published By – May King Poetry Music
- Recorded At – Skywalker Sound
- Recorded At – The Looking Glass Studios
- Mastered At – SoundByte Productions
- Glass Mastered At – Specialty Records Corporation
- Pressed By – Allied Record Company
- Art Direction, Design – Frank Olinsky
- Cello – Joan Jeanrenaud
- Engineer – Craig Silvey
- Engineer [Assistant Engineer] – Chris Haynes, Steve Limonoff (tracks: 8 to 11)
- Engineer [Reading Of Howl] – Jamie Mariness (tracks: 8 to 11)
- Executive-Producer – Robert Hurwitz
- Management [Kronos Quartet Managing Director] – Janet Cowperthwaite
- Management [Kronos Quartet] – Kelly McRae (2), Laird Rodet, Larry Neff, Sandra Schaaf
- Mastered By – Paul Zinman
- Photography By [Cover Photograph] – Robert Mapplethorpe
- Photography By [Photograph Of Allen Ginsberg] – Peter Orlovsky
- Photography By [Photographs Of J. Edgar Hoover And I.F. Stone] – AP/Wide World Photos*
- Photography By [Photographs Of Kronos Quartet By] – Nitin Vadukul
- Producer – Judith Sherman
- Viola – Hank Dutt
- Violin – David Harrington, John Sherba
2. Smith Publications (ASCAP)
3. to 7. Emotomat Music (ASCAP)
8. to 11. Lee Hyla (BMI) / May King Poetry Music (BMI)
Recorded August 1995, at Skywalker Sound, Nicasio, CA.
Allen Ginsberg's reading of "Howl" was recorded May 1995, at Looking Glass Studios, New York, NY.
Mastered, SoundByte Productions, New York, NY.
Cover photograph: American Flag, 1977. Copyright © 1977 The Estate of Robert Mapplethorpe.
Photograph of Barstow: Mohave River Valley Museum, Bassett Collection.
Photograph of Allen Ginsberg typing "Howl", San Francisco, 1955 Copyright © 1994 Allen Ginsberg.
Made in U.S.A. by W.E.A. Manufacturing, Inc.
Nonesuch Records, a Warner Group Company. A Time Warner Company.
℗ & © 1996 Nonesuch Records for the United States and WEA International Inc. for the world outside of the United States.
Printed in the U.S.A.
Packaging: Transparent tray jewel case with a 32-page booklet.
Barcode is on the slipcover.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 075597937220
- Matrix / Runout: 2 79372-2 SRC##03 ARC XM2 S1
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 2V2B
- Rights Society: BMI
- Rights Society: ASCAP