Tracklist Hide Credits
Composed By – TraditionalVocals – Anatoly Kuular, Kaigal-Ool Khovalgy, Kongar-Ool Ondar
Arranged By – S. Mackey*Composed By – Dmitri Yanov-YanovskySoprano Vocals – Dawn Upshaw
Composed By – Franghiz Ali-Zadeh
|4||Quartet No. 4
Composed By – Sofia Gubaidulina
|5||A Cool Wind Is Blowing
Composed By – Tigran TahmizyanDuduk – Djivan Gasparian*
Composed By – Osvaldo GolijovVocals [Cantor] – Mikhail Alexandrovich*
Composed By – Giya Kancheli
- Record Company – Elektra Entertainment
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Elektra Entertainment
- Copyright (c) – Elektra Entertainment
- Made By – WEA Manufacturing
- Recorded At – Skywalker Sound
- Recorded At – American Academy Of Arts And Letters
- Recorded At – Mechanics Hall, Worcester, MA
- Mastered At – Soundbyte Productions
- Art Direction, Design – Frank Olinsky
- Cello – Joan Jeanrenaud
- Cover – Matt Mahurin
- Engineer – Bob Edwards (tracks: 1, 7), Craig Silvey (tracks: 3 to 5), Joseph Chilorio (tracks: 4, 6), Judith Sherman (tracks: 2 to 7), Paul Zinman (tracks: 2)
- Engineer [Assistant Engineer] – Chris Haynes (tracks: 4 to 5), Craig Silvey (tracks: 7), Mark Donahue (tracks: 4), Tom Luekens (tracks: 1, 3)
- Executive-Producer – Robert Hurwitz
- Liner Notes – Brooke Gladstone
- Mixed By [Additional Mixing, Assistant Engineer] – David Merrill
- Mixed By [Additional Mixing, Engineer] – Ben Rizzi
- Mixed By [Additional Mixing] – Adam Abeshouse (tracks: 7)
- Recorded By [Recordings Of Male Choir And Boy Soprano Provided By] – Giya Kancheli
- Viola – Hank Dutt
- Violin – David Harrington, John Sherba
Mastered at Soundbyte, New York, New York.
Recordings of male choir and boy soprano for Night Prayers provided by Giya Kancheli
Kongerei was arranged for the Throat Singers of Tuva and Kronos. Mugam Sayagi, Quartet No. 4, A Cool Wind is Blowing and Night Prayers were written for Kronos. K'VAKARAT was written for Mikhail Alexandrovich and Kronos.
Mugam Sayagi was commissioned by Nora Norden.
Quartet No. 4 was commissioned by Mrs. Ralph I. Dorfman, the Barbican Centre and Theatre de la Ville.
K'VAKARAT was commissioned by the Wexner Center Foundation on the occasion of the dedication of the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum in Washington, D.C.
Night Prayers was commissioned by the Beigler Trust and Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts.
Special thanks to Angel Stoyanof, Gerard McBurney, Ted Levin, Edward Dumanis, Hans-Ulrich Dufflek, Laurel Fay, Susan Feder, Lucina Aglabian-Hubbard, Andrew Kurowski, Peter Clancy, Carol Yaple, Albert Lee, Karine Beznicki, Scott Fraser, Jay Cloidt, Alice Wingwall, Chuck Helm and Wally Chappell.
In memory of Mario Thomas Moruzzi
℗ & © 1994 Elektra Entertainment, a division of Warner Communications Inc., a Time Warner company.
Made in the USA
CD comes packaged in a standard plastic jewel case, and includes a 16-page booklet with notes in English and lyrics.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Scanned): 075597934625
- Barcode (Text): 0 7559-79346-2 5
- Matrix / Runout: 2 79346-2 SRC##01 M1S1
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 2U1R
Other Versions (5 of 5) View All
|9 79346-2||Kronos Quartet||Night Prayers (CD, Album, Club)||Elektra Nonesuch||9 79346-2||US||1994||Sell This Version|
|E2 79346||Kronos Quartet||Night Prayers (CD, Album, Club)||Elektra Nonesuch||E2 79346||Canada||1994||Sell This Version|
|79346-4||Kronos Quartet||Night Prayers (Cass)||Elektra Nonesuch||79346-4||US||1994||Sell This Version|
|7559-79346-2||Kronos Quartet||Night Prayers (CD, Album)||Elektra Nonesuch||7559-79346-2||Germany||1994||Sell This Version|
|8-583||Kronos Quartet||Night Prayers (CD, Album, Unofficial)||ArsNova||8-583||Russia||Unknown||Sell This Version|