Tracklist Hide Credits
Music By – Elliott Sharp
Arranged By – S. Mackey*Music By – Willie Dixon
Engineer – Howard JohnstonEngineer [Assistant] – Clive AllenMusic By – John OswaldProducer – John Oswald
|4||–John Zorn||Cat O' Nine Tails (Tex Avery Directs The Marquis De Sade)
Engineer [Assistant] – Tony EckertMusic By – John Zorn
|5||–Henry Cowell||Quartet Euphometric
Music By – Henry Cowell
|6||–Steven Mackey||Physical Property
Guitar – Steven MackeyMusic By – Steven Mackey
Music By – Scott JohnsonProducer [Voice Sampling] – Alex Noyes, Scott Johnson
|8||–Sofia Gubaidulina||Quartet No. 2
Music By – Sofia Gubaidulina
|9||–Pandit Pran Nath||Aba Kee Tayk Hamaree (It Is My Turn, Oh Lord)
Music By – Pandit Pran NathTabla – Krishna BhattTambura – John Constant, Terry RileyVoice – Pandit Pran Nath
- Record Company – Time Warner
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Elektra Entertainment
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Wea International
- Copyright (c) – Elektra Entertainment
- Copyright (c) – Wea International
- Copyright (c) – Hoochie Coochie Music
- Copyright (c) – Bug (2)
- Copyright (c) – Hendon Music
- Made By – Warner Music Manufacturing Europe
- Published By – Zoar Music
- Published By – pitch (4)
- Published By – Theatre of Musical Optics
- Published By – C.F. Peters Corp.
- Published By – Hendon Music
- Published By – Emotomat Music
- Published By – G. Schirmer Inc.
- Published By – Prana Nat Music
- Published By – Editions Farneth International
- Recorded At – Skywalker Ranch
- Recorded At – Different Fur Studios
- Produced At – Studio Pass
- Art Direction, Design – Frank Olinsky
- Cello – Joan Jeanrenaud
- Commissioned By – Beigler Trust (tracks: 9), Canada Council (tracks: 3), Center For The Arts At Penn State University (tracks: 7), Doris Beigler (tracks: 4), Hancher Auditorium (tracks: 7), Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts (tracks: 3, 4, 7), Myron Beigler (tracks: 4), National Endowment For The Arts (tracks: 7), New Music America Miami (tracks: 4), Schleswig-Holstein Musik Festival (tracks: 6), Wexner Center Foundation (tracks: 3)
- Cover ["Hommage"] – Leopoldo Maler
- Engineer – Bob Edwards
- Engineer [Assistant] – Craig Silvey
- Executive-Producer – Robert Hurwitz
- Liner Notes [From A Lecture By] – I.F. Stone (tracks: 7)
- Liner Notes [From Brijbashi Translated By] – John Constant (tracks: 9)
- Lyrics By – Surdas (tracks: 9)
- Photography By [Photograph Of Kronos] – Marion Ettlinger
- Producer – Judith Sherman, Kronos Quartet
- Viola – Hank Dutt
- Violin – David Harrington, John Sherba
Made in Germany
• Track 1 composed in 1986, published by Zoar Music (BMI)
• Track 2 composed in 1960 © 1960 & 1988 Hoochie Coochie Music (BMI/admin. by BUG);
Arrangement ©1989 Hendon Music (BMI)
• Track 3 composed in 1990, published by pitch (SOCAN)
• Track 4 composed in 1988, published by Theatre of Musical Optics (BMI)
• Track 5 composed in 1916-1919, published by C. F. Peters Corporation (BMI)
• Track 6 composed in 1992, published by Hendon Music (BMI)
• Track 7 composed in 1991, taken from "How It Happens (The Voice of I.F. Stone)", published by Emotomat Music (ASCAP)
• Track 8 composed in 1987, published by G. Schirmer, Inc. (ASCAP)
• Track 9 composed in 1992, published by Prana Nat Music (Editions Farneth International/BMI)
Recorded at Skywalker Ranch, August 1992 except:
• Track 3 recorded October, 1990 at Different Fur
• Track 4 recorded July, 1991, Skywalker Ranch
• Track 7: Voice sampling of I.F. Stone produced at Studio PASS, New York.
Tracks 3, 4, 6, 7 & 9 were written for Kronos. Track 2 was arranged for Kronos.
Track 3 was commissioned by the Wexner Center, Canada Council and Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts.
Track 4 was commissioned by Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, New Music America Miami and Doris and Myron Beigler.
Track 6 was commissioned by the Schleswig-Holstein Musik Festival.
Track 7 was commissioned by Hancher Auditorium at the University of Iowa, Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, the National Endowment for the Arts and the Center for the Arts at Penn State University.
Track 9 was commissioned by the Beigler Trust.
Cover: "Hommage", 1974. Typewriter, flames, propane. Courtesy of the Hess Collection.
Special thanks to Janet Cowperthwaite, Celia Gilbert, Kate Gilbert, Brooke Gladstone, Fred Kaplan, Terry Riley, Esther Stone and Judy Stone.
Issued in a Warner jewel case (embossed "W" logo on front) with 12-page booklet.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 0 7559-79310-2 0
- Barcode (String): 075597931020
- Label Code: LC 0286
- Matrix / Runout: 755979310-2 WME
- Matrix / Runout (Inner ring): [Warner Bros. logo "W"] 42
- Price Code: WE 810
- Rights Society: GEMA/BIEM
- Rights Society: BMI
- Rights Society: SOCAN
- Rights Society: ASCAP
Other Versions (5 of 8) View All
|9 79310-2||Kronos Quartet||Short Stories (CD, Album)||Elektra Nonesuch||9 79310-2||US||1993||Sell This Version|
|PRCD 8738||Kronos Quartet||Short Stories (CD, Album, Promo)||Elektra Nonesuch||PRCD 8738||US||1993||Sell This Version|
|79310-4||Kronos Quartet||Short Stories (Cass, Album)||Elektra||79310-4||US||1993||Sell This Version|
|9 79310-2||Kronos Quartet||Short Stories (CD, Album, Club)||Elektra Nonesuch||9 79310-2||US||1993||Sell This Version|
|CD 79310||Kronos Quartet||Short Stories (CD, Album)||Elektra Nonesuch||CD 79310||Canada||1993||Sell This Version|