- Arranged By [Horns] – Dean Gant (tracks: B3)
- Art Direction [Album] – Debbie Silverblank
- Backing Vocals [Background Vocals] – Brenda Madison, Clarence Burke, Janice Burke, Kwame Heshimu, Nadine Hart, Paula Sullivan, Yvonne Wright
- Bass – Ronald "Boogzie" Morris* (tracks: A2), Winston "Stone" Gardner*
- Design [Typographic] – Chris Bourie
- Drum – Noel "Jashem" Alponso* (tracks: A3)
- Drum [Kete (Hand Drum)], Bass – Karl Pitterson (tracks: B3)
- Drums – Balford "Buff" Breadwood* (tracks: A2, A4, B2), Steve "Drummie" Ferrone* (tracks: A1, A5, B2, B3)
- Engineer [Mixing] – Karl Pitterson
- Engineer [Recording] – Bob Clifford, John Davenport (2), Phil Bulla, Phillp Smart*
- Guitar – Mikey "Mao" Chung* (tracks: B3)
- Harmonica – Lee Jaffe
- Horns – Don Myrick (tracks: B3), Nirobi (2) (tracks: A2, B3), Rham Lee* (tracks: B3)
- Keyboards, Melodica, Percussion – Kwame "Magic" Heshimu*
- Lead Guitar, Guitar [All Guitar Solos], Timbales, Congas [Congos] – Joe "Gits" Ortiz*
- Organ, Piano [Ska] – Mikey "Roots" Ranglin*
- Other [Executive Telephone] – David Mintz
- Photography By – Miguel Rio Branco
- Piano [Acoustic], Electric Piano, Synthesizer, Clarinet – Dean "Wiz" Gant*
- Producer – Karl Pitterson, Lee Jaffe
- Product Manager [Coordinator] – Henry Shillingford
- Rhythm Guitar – Cleon "Jahc" Douglas*
- Written-By [All Songs], Arranged By – Kwame Heshimu
Mixed at Chelsa Sound Studios N.Y.C.
"Mama Say" dedicated to the children of the Toussaints Haiti.
Steve "Drummie" Ferrone appears courtesy of Arista Records.
Mikey "Roots" Ranglin, Cleon "Jahc" Douglas, Noel "Jashem" Alponso, Ronald "Boogzie" Morris appears courtesy of Modern Records.
Clarence Burke appears courtesy of The Invisible Man's Band & Island Records.
Special thanks to: Alex Masucci, Cleon Douglas, Dean Gant.
And to: Phillip Smart, Susan Palitz, John Golby, Mike Pantaleoni, Stan Delman, Israel Ali (Roland Alphonso), Clive Chin, Clayton Downie, Ron Smith.
This album is lovingly dedicated to two special women in my life Tia & Kyoko.
Published by Iration Music (ASCAP)
© ℗ 1980 Polydor Incorporated
Manufactured and marketed by Polydor Incorporated
Distributed by Polygram Distribution, Inc.
Printed in U.S.A.
Also available on 8-Track (8T-1-6310) and Cassette (CT-1-6310)
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Rights Society: ASCAP
Other Versions (4 of 4) View All
|PL 30071||Kwame*||Follow I (LP, Album)||RCA Victor||PL 30071||Germany||1980||Sell This Version|
|PL 30071||Kwame Heshimu||Follow I (LP, TP)||RCA||PL 30071||Germany||1980||Sell This Version|
|PD-1-6310, 2391 498||Kwame*||Follow I (LP, Album, Promo)||Polydor, Polydor||PD-1-6310, 2391 498||US||1980||Sell This Version|
|PD-1-6310||Kwame Heshimu||Follow I (Vinyl, TP)||Polydor||PD-1-6310||Jamaica||1980||Sell This Version|