Tracklist Hide Credits
|2||On Another Shore||6:27|
|4||Crumbs On The Carpet||4:58|
Keyboards [Keys], Effects [Broken Things] – The SilvermanVocals [Vox] – EK*
|7||A Crack In Melancholy Time||5:40|
|8b||The Angel Trail|
|9||9 Shades To The Circle||10:26|
|10||A Terra Firma Welcome||5:22|
|11||The Uncanny 18th Shade
Keyboards [Keys] – The SilvermanVocals [Vox], Keyboards [Keys] – EK*
Release notes taken verbatim from the site:
With spiritual brother Cevin Key onboard ,this album features the same line-uo as Tear Garden's "To be an Angel Blind". A landmark ,as dreamy as it gets.1994 and The Dots' last album for PIAS.
Of all the Dots' remasters ,this may be the best ,due in no small part to raymond's masterful mixing.
Cevin captured the session on film and a DVD will be made available in the Autumn.
Elke P. designed the cover...
Notes about specific tracks:
(1) First recording of the sessions that eventually produced many hours of music...
(6) Ruins of a pyramid were recently unearthed in Hoogstraten close to the Dutch border so don't trust the lyrics...
(8) A video clip exists for "Siren" made by Austrian TV.
(9) A bit of a landmark and much expanded upon in live performance when the story was changed every night.
For this one, each member of the Dots was asked to make a solo "dream" section.In fact Martijn's Dream sequence closes "A Crack in Melancholy Time". The mix was so complicated it was decided to "man the faders" - 3 people monitoring the outcome. In fact ,it was a first time hit...God smiled.
(10) Original title of this piece was "A European Welcome".Draw your own conclusions...plus sa change.....
"Find a bin to put it in" was a slogan used by the "Keep Britain Tidy" campaign in the 70s.The little tune is faithful to the original.
(11) Bonus fourth side of "9 Lives" vinyl edition and perhaps best of all these extras released over the years for this format. Source for this remaster is the vinyl itself as the master tape is long gone.However this worked out very well.
Technical note: the static heard at the end of the piece is part of the music,not the pressing!!
Specific roles are uncredited on main page, but given on track detail except for track 5.
Other Versions (5 of 8) View All
|BIAS 280 CD, 450.0280.20||The Legendary Pink Dots||9 Lives To Wonder (CD, Album)||Play It Again Sam Records, Play It Again Sam Records||BIAS 280 CD, 450.0280.20||Belgium||1994||Sell This Version|
|FEA-05||The Legendary Pink Dots||9 Lives To Wonder (2xLP, Album, TP)||Flesh Eating Ants Records||FEA-05||Canada||2003||Sell This Version|
|none||The Legendary Pink Dots||9 Lives To Wonder (11xFile, AAC, Album)||Soleilmoon Recordings||none||US||2009|
|8483473||The Legendary Pink Dots||9 Lives To Wonder (CD, Album)||Big Blue Records||8483473||Poland||2009||Sell This Version|
|none||The Legendary Pink Dots||9 Lives To Wonder (CD, Album, Ltd)||ArsNova||none||Russia||2000||Sell This Version|
Digital content is not available for sale or trade on Discogs.