Tracklist Hide Credits
Arranged By [Strings, Backing Vocals], Conductor [Strings, Backing Vocals] – David CampbellDrums – Steve MeadorEngineer, Mixed By – Leanne UngarGuitar – Bob MetzgerProducer, Arranged By – Leonard CohenProgrammed By, Performer – Leonard Cohen, Yoav GorenTambourine – Lenny Castro
|2||Waiting For The Miracle
Arranged By – Leonard Cohen, Rebecca De Mornay, Yoav GorenArranged By [Additional Strings] – David CampbellBacking Vocals – Anjani ThomasEngineer, Mixed By – Leanne UngarMandolin – Dean ParksPercussion – Lenny CastroProducer [Additional] – Steve Lindsey (4)Producer, Programmed By, Performer – Leonard Cohen, Yoav GorenViolin – Bob FurgoWritten-By – Leonard Cohen, Sharon Robinson
|3||Be For Real
Arranged By [Strings] – David CampbellBacking Vocals – Jacquelyn Gouche-Farris, Tony Warren, Valerie Pinkston-Mayo*Bass – Freddie WashingtonDrums – James GadsonEngineer [Additional] – Eric AnestEngineer, Mixed By – Leanne UngarGuitar – Paul Jackson, Jr.*Organ, Electric Piano [Wurlitzer], Mellotron – Steve Lindsey (4)Percussion – Lenny CastroPiano – Greg PhillinganesProducer, Arranged By – Steve Lindsey (4)Steel Guitar [Pedal] – Bob MetzgerWritten-By – Frederick Knight
Arranged By, Programmed By, Performer – Leonard Cohen, Yoav GorenBacking Vocals – Julie Christensen, Perla BatallaBass [Intro] – Bob GlaubEngineer, Mixed By – Leanne UngarGuitar – Bob MetzgerProducer – Leanne Ungar, Leonard CohenViolin – Bob Furgo
Arranged By – Leonard Cohen, Rebecca De Mornay, Yoav GorenArranged By [Strings, Backing Vocals], Conductor [Strings, Backing Vocals] – David CampbellBass, Electric Guitar – Bob MetzgerChoir – LA Mass Choir*Conductor [Choir] – Donald Taylor (3)Drums – Steve MeadorEngineer – Leanne Ungar, Richard CottrellMixed By – Leanne UngarPercussion – Lenny CastroProducer – Leonard Cohen, Rebecca De Mornay
Arranged By, Programmed By, Performer, Keyboards – Jeff FisherBacking Vocals – David Morgan, Jennifer Warnes, Julie ChristensenDrums – Vinnie ColaiutaEngineer [Los Angeles] – David Shober, Leanne Ungar, Richard CottrellEngineer [Montreal] – Ian Terry (2)Guitar, Mandolin – Dean ParksKeyboards [Additional] – Randy Kerber, Steve Lindsey (4)Mixed By – Leanne UngarProducer [Additional], Arranged By [Additional] – Steve Lindsey (4)Producer, Arranged By [Additional] – Leonard CohenSynthesizer [Bass] – John Barnes
|7||Light As The Breeze
Arranged By [Backing Vocals], Backing Vocals – Jennifer WarnesElectric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar – Bob MetzgerEngineer, Mixed By – Leanne UngarProducer – Bill Ginn, Leonard CohenProgrammed By [Synclavier] – Bill Ginn, Steve Croes*Programmed By, Performer – Bill GinnViolin, Saxophone – Bob Furgo, Leonard Cohen
Acoustic Guitar, Guitar [Weissenborn] – Dean ParksArranged By [Horns], Trumpet, Trombone – Lee R. Thornburg*Backing Vocals – Edna Wright, Jean Johnson, Peggy Blue*Baritone Saxophone – Greg Smith (3)Bass – Lee Sklar*Drums – Ed Greene (2)Electric Guitar – Dennis HerringEngineer [Additional] – Eric AnestEngineer, Mixed By – Leanne UngarOrgan [Ice Rink], Producer – Steve Lindsey (4)Organ [Pad] – Michael Finnigan*Piano – Jim CoxTambourine – Lenny CastroTenor Saxophone – Brandon Fields, Lon PriceWritten-By – Irving Berlin
Arranged By – Leonard CohenEngineer, Mixed By – Leanne UngarProducer, Programmed By, Performer – Bill GinnSynthesizer [Synclavier] – Steve Croes*
- Distributed By – Sony Music
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Sony Music Entertainment Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Sony Music Entertainment Inc.
- Pressed By – Sony Music – S0147249810-0101
- Published By – Leonard Cohen Stranger Music, Inc.
- Published By – Robinhill Music
- Published By – Irving Music, Inc.
- Published By – Two-Knight Music, Inc.
- Recorded At – Image Recording Studios
- Recorded At – Cherokee Studios
- Recorded At – Capitol Studios
- Recorded At – The Complex
- Recorded At – The Village Recorder
- Recorded At – Ocean Way Recording
- Recorded At – Studio Tempo
- Recorded At – Studio 56
- Recorded At – Sunset Sound
- Recorded At – Mad Hatter Studios
- Recorded At – Studio II (2)
- Recorded At – House Of Soul
- Artwork [Original Hummingbird Drawing] – Diane Lawrence*
- Choir [On The Various Tunes] – Aladrian Elmore, Brenda Eager*, Carmen Twillie, Cynthia Bass, Dana Stockard, Evette Andrews, Gigi Bailey, Jeralynthia Banks, Jimmie Frazier, Julia Waters, Julie Christensen, Kevin Shoates, Lashana Dendy*, Lavan Davis, Laythan Amot, Maxine Waters, Mona Lisa Young, Nysa Larry, Oren Waters, Patricia Finnie, Perla Batalla, Raven Kane, Roseland Parker, Sonya Griffin, Stephen Lively, Steve Berkley, Theresa Walker
- Design [Cover Design] – Michael Petit
- Engineer [Second - On The Various Tunes] – Ben Wallach, Chad Blinman, Charlie Paakkari, Doug DeForest, Duane Seykora, Enrico DePaoli*, Eric Anest, Jason Roberts, Mark Guilbeault, Morton Brumbach*, Ray Blair, Richard Kaplan, Rob Hart*, Talley Sherwood, Tom Winslow
- Management – Kelley Lynch
- Mastered By – Bernie Grundman
- Producer – Bill Ginn, Leanne Ungar, Leonard Cohen, Rebecca De Mornay, Steve Lindsey (4), Yoav Goren
- Strings [On The Various Tunes] – Berj Garabedian, Bruce Dukov, Daniel Smith (4), David Campbell, Donald Ferrone*, Joel Derouin, Larry Corbett, Raymond Tischer, II*, Ron Clark, Sid Page, Suzie Katayama, Thomas Tally*
- Written-By – Leonard Cohen (tracks: 1, 4 to 7, 9)
Acknowledgement: I tried to thank you along the way, but if I didn't, let me thank you now.
1) Image Recording Studio, Cherokee Recording Studio, Capitol Recording Studio, The Complex;
2) Image Recording Studio, House Of Soul, Village Recorder, Capitol Recording Studio, The Complex;
3) House Of Soul, Village Recorder, Image Recording Studio, Studio II, The Complex;
4) Image Recording Studio, The Complex;
5) Village Recorder, Image Recording Studio, Capitol Recording Studio, House Of Soul, Ocean Way Recording Studio, The Complex;
6) Studio Tempo (Montreal), Village Recorder, Capitol Recording Studio, Image Recording Studio, House Of Soul, Studio 56, The Complex;
7) The Complex;
8) Capitol Recording Studio, Image Recording Studio, The Complex, Studio 56, House Of Soul, Sunset Sound;
9) Image Recording Studio, The Mad Hatter, The Complex.
Drums on 5 provided by The Drum Doctor.
© 1992 Sony Music Entertainment Inc.
Catalog number 472498 2 on spine and disc
Catalog number COL 472498 2 on back sleeve
Catalog number 02-472498-10 on back sleeve and disc.
In this edition the CD does NOT state "Made in Austria" and only has BIEM listed as the Rights Society
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 5 099747 249822
- Barcode (Scanned): 5099747249822
- Label Code: LC 0162
- Rights Society: BIEM
- Other (Distribution Code): CB 681
- Matrix / Runout: S0147249810-0101 63 Sony Music
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI L553
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 1G44
- Other (Price Code): CDM
Other Versions (5 of 48) View All
|COL 472498 1||Leonard Cohen||The Future (LP, Album)||Columbia||COL 472498 1||Europe||1992||Sell This Version|
|CK 53226||Leonard Cohen||The Future (CD, Album)||Columbia||CK 53226||Canada||1992||Sell This Version|
|CCK 53226, CK 53226||Leonard Cohen||The Future (CD, Album, Club)||Columbia, Columbia||CCK 53226, CK 53226||Canada||1992||Sell This Version|
|MOVLP503||Leonard Cohen||The Future (LP, Album, RE, 180)||Music On Vinyl, Columbia||MOVLP503||Europe||2012||Sell This Version|
|672||Leonard Cohen||The Future (Cass, Album, Unofficial)||Vivo (4)||672||Romania||Unknown||Sell This Version|