|1||Awakening Of Cheerful Feeling Upon Arrival In The Country||10:10|
|2||Scene By The Brook||12:25|
|3||Merry Gathering Of Country Folk||5:06|
|5||Shepherd's Song: Happy And Thankful Feelings After The Storm||10:01|
- Composed By – Ludwig van Beethoven
- Conductor, Liner Notes – Gerard Schwarz
- Design – Tri-Arts, Inc.
- Edited By – Jim Wolvington, Sydney Davis
- Engineer – Marc Aubort*
- Executive-Producer – Amelia Haygood*
- Liner Notes – Joseph Horowitz
- Mastered By – Jim Wolvington, Sydney Davis
- Orchestra – Y Chamber Symphony Of New York*
- Photography By [Cover] – Bill Ross (4), West Light
- Photography By [Orchestra] – Gerry Goodstein, Howard Millard
- Producer – Joanna Nickrenz, Marc Aubort*
- Recorded By – Jim Wolvington, Sydney Davis
Recorded in Masonic Temple Auditorium, New York City, November 23, 1981.
Digital Recording, Editing and Mastering by Soundstream, Inc.
Library of Congress Catalog Card Number 82-743230 applies to this recording.
℗ © 1983 DELOS RECORDS, INC.
2210 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 664
Santa Monica, CA 90403, USA
For this recording we used two Schoeps 221B omni-directional microphones in a basic stereo placement to achieve a recording of optimum clarity and natural balance. The signal from the custom mixing console was fed directly into the digital tape recorder.
The orchestra was positioned left to right of the conductor: first violins, violas, celli, second violins, with bass behind celli. The woodwinds, brass and timpani were seated behind the strings.
The hall we selected for this recording has a good music-making ambience: a large, warm, not echoing room with height, irregular surfaces and lots of wood. With our engineering we tried to recreate this ambience for the listener.
Once the balance and the dynamic level (gain) were set at the beginning of the first session they were not changed throughout the recording. With digital recording there is no need to increase signal level during quiet passages. Such gain-riding and/or use of peak limiter in unnecessary and highly undesireable for audiophile recordings.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- ASIN: B0000006VD